Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~~**Sound Factory Friday Night**~~

Originally posted by djmundy:

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

in that case i hope you'll accept my retraction and apology

good luck w/ the in the future w/ the secret room, and if i stop by to say whats up one night, please don't throw anything at me, lol

-Rob

No doubt Rob! The only thing I'll throw at you is some hard beats!!! (LOL)

cwm4.gif

what was that that i just read, HARD ASS BEATS, IM DOWN AND I WILL HAVE TO MAKE A RETURN TO EXIT TO CHECK YOU OUT

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is so quick to trash A-Luv and Joe.. What makes them SUCK so much?? I've heard them tons of times and they were never that bad.. They even had some really good nights last winter.. I have never heard them go off beat, and their tracks are decent.. I cought the end of their radio show two weeks ago ( havnt heard them since last winter ) and they were tearing it up..

So can all you bashers tell me what sucks so much about them??

Rob,

I was a dj first. I started when I was about 10 years old ( my first set of decks; slbd-1 belt driven technics)I began doing parties freshman year of high school. Without getting to into details, bottom line is by the time I was 18 I had a great following in brooklyn, got courted by the limelight, and landed my first big nyc residency. So the answer to your question, what came first the dj or the promoter, THE DJ, promoting is still not my cup of tea, but I'm a great organizer and have some very loyal promoters who trust me and my djing to further their careers as they do mine. Big ups to Donnie c., Ro, Junior, Imperial, Furious Funktions, Bobby T., Chris Reda, Lola and all the supporters. Even you Rob!!! cwm4.gif

good luck w/ the in the future w/ the secret room, and if i stop by to say whats up one night, please don't throw anything at me, lol

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I went to factory last friday night and I thought that the set up was much nicer than it used to be, it looks like a completly new club,and the 4th floor was phat as well. How ever I thought that I was gonna die while waiting in that 10 degree weather plus the wind was blowing, then to come inside and wait on that hour long coat check line was a real pain. I also thought that the vibe on friday was horrible, it was nothing compared to last winter. And the vibe wasn't that good probably cause the music wasn't that good either. All in all it was a decent night, but it was a hell of a lot better last winter on friday nights. I just can't wait to experience a saturday night. cwm12.gifcwm30.gifcwm12.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

-Rob

cwm4.gif

cwm4.gif

in that case be careful, you might just gain another loyal fan!

cwm12.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Alright well I'm getting the general feeling that Luv-n-Lodi aren't really well-liked by the loyal fans of good, quality house music. Well how about this: how about starting a petition? I'm sure if we start one, and the list grows to a very overwhelming number, then the Sound Factory management will have no choice but to listen to the masses, and hopefully, boot the two promoters-turned-DJ's. What does everyone think?

------------------

blast.gif MEGA HIGHMZ x4armor.art

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Originally posted by highmay:

Alright well I'm getting the general feeling that Luv-n-Lodi aren't really well-liked by the loyal fans of good, quality house music. Well how about this: how about starting a petition? I'm sure if we start one, and the list grows to a very overwhelming number, then the Sound Factory management will have no choice but to listen to the masses, and hopefully, boot the two promoters-turned-DJ's. What does everyone think?

no i dont agree with u cause who r we to tell a dj he or she cant' spin or has no right to spin cause they suck???? If someone doesnt like luv n lodi , then dont go to sf on fridays, but i like their spinning, i dont think they're that bad as everyone says they r. and the crowd and vibe is good, i havent been in about 2 months , but b4 it was phat fridays.

If that was the case then we can go to everyclub and criticize all the dj's, which cant happen, thats why theres so many clubs and so many dj's spinning, and they attract a crowd which likes the music, the rest who dont like their music wont go to that club.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

no i dont agree with u cause who r we to tell a dj he or she cant' spin or has no right to spin cause they suck???? If someone doesnt like luv n lodi , then dont go to sf on fridays, but i like their spinning, i dont think they're that bad as everyone says they r. and the crowd and vibe is good, i havent been in about 2 months , but b4 it was phat fridays.

If that was the case then we can go to everyclub and criticize all the dj's, which cant happen, thats why theres so many clubs and so many dj's spinning, and they attract a crowd which likes the music, the rest who dont like their music wont go to that club.

OOOOOOOOOOOH sorry i forgot we didnt think about their feelings...listen, one of the reasons some people go on fridays is to actually be inside the legendary nightclub. I'm sure that, just beacuse its SF, people will have a great time no matter what. and also, i really dont think people will miss luv-n-lodi one iota. You put another DJ there, and people will forget about them as DJs...let andrew mendez take over that spot (or another well accomplished DJ) and youll see how phat a party SF can really throw.

------------------

blast.gif MEGA HIGHMZ x4armor.art

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Well This is what I heard, and it is from a good source. There were 2 crews that were going to bid for the factory fridays spot. the guido crew that is there now, and the original old club kids that are now like (23-30). The guidos being friends with A-luv & Lodi talked shit about the club kids, saying that they couldn't pull their full of shit whatever. (ME THINKS ALUV & LODI GOT SCARED BIG PART OF THE OLD CLUB KIDS PLAN WAS GETTINGRID OF ALUV & LODI) They were going to bring in DJs galore from Junior Sanchez, Jackie Christie, Frankie Knuckles, to Richie Santana, and EVEN this was the kicker I am not even going to saythe name but for people that have been going to factory since 97' they were bringing back the PRODICAL SON. Well the deal is that now basically these promoters have no fail to get the good stuff in Sound Factory. SO LET's BOYCOTT lol cwm4.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

There's holes in every party.

Always room for improvement.

Im just shutting up now...

But is anyone else not going to clubs as much as I'am lately?

I think I'm going to start a party at a nice lounge somewhere, with just plain old house music.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by highmay:

hey Jayme, we always disagreeing, LOL when posting. All i am saying is that theres crowds who love a dj and crowds who hate them, thats all, it will always be like that no matter what dj it is, or what club its at.

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by jz343:

OK, "the tunnel"..here we go:

U miss the point...SF fridays wasnt designed to be a "centro fly thurs, etc.."...It was designed to be what it is...Wheras u probably would have hated it, it wasnt designed for your personal tastes...However, that is the point...People of your tastes, are AT vinyl, as u said, its already a huge success in its market, and they are gonna stay there, ...we're not vinyl, we cant be vinyl, and no offense, we dont want to be vinyl...we want to be sf fridays, nothing more..we dont claim to be anything else...See, an apropriate comment from u should be, "i personally dislike the crowd/music/direction in which Sf went"...To bash what we did tho, and to say it "sucks"...is a) incorrect, B) unfair, c) childish...U have your tastes/opinions/knowlege of music...The people that come to the type of party at SF Fridays have there same tastes/opinions...The crowd at SF prob wouldnt like your "soulful" music either, in fact, they may say that is "sucks"...Does that make either better? No..Does it make it different? YES...but why hate on what we do? why not just go to centro/spa/twilo etc, and have your fun, and let us have ours as well? hating on something, just makes u look silly..

johnny-

whats up. i have to agree w/ everything you've stated. That is not to say that i don't go to vinyl/twilo etc. b/c i frequent them more than sf, but what you said is really on point. the party there is designed a certain way targeting a certain crowd w/ certain likes etc. and thats exactly what the outcome has been. Now i'm not a huge fan of the music there, its good but not my fav, yet there are those who really like it a lot and thats why they are there.

btw, do you know joe messina?

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by jz343:

OK, "the tunnel"..here we go:

U miss the point...SF fridays wasnt designed to be a "centro fly thurs, etc.."...It was designed to be what it is...Wheras u probably would have hated it, it wasnt designed for your personal tastes...However, that is the point...People of your tastes, are AT vinyl, as u said, its already a huge success in its market, and they are gonna stay there, ...we're not vinyl, we cant be vinyl, and no offense, we dont want to be vinyl...we want to be sf fridays, nothing more..we dont claim to be anything else...See, an apropriate comment from u should be, "i personally dislike the crowd/music/direction in which Sf went"...To bash what we did tho, and to say it "sucks"...is a) incorrect, B) unfair, c) childish...U have your tastes/opinions/knowlege of music...The people that come to the type of party at SF Fridays have there same tastes/opinions...The crowd at SF prob wouldnt like your "soulful" music either, in fact, they may say that is "sucks"...Does that make either better? No..Does it make it different? YES...but why hate on what we do? why not just go to centro/spa/twilo etc, and have your fun, and let us have ours as well? hating on something, just makes u look silly..

I totally agree with what u said too. Very well put, my thinking exactly.

------------------

amafrk1@yahoo.com

First of not a hater. I am just sick of these elaborate night clubs putting crap of the main floors what happened to quality. And the people that don't like Danny or any other the others I mentioned is probably becasue they never heard them. Yes I am avidly against parties like the one you are throwing. The are Style-less, HOMOPHOBIC, musically repugnant(spelling), FILLER CROWD, no imagination, and basically there to appease the Tanning Salon, Mustang Driving, SOPRANO wannabe, OH DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I am crowd. GUESS WHAT NO WE DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE. But I did find it funny that after I spoke to someone at Tunnel before your parties dive after 2-3 months anyway (CHAOS, TUNNEL, LIMELIGHT) remind me what you know about GOOD PARTIES in NY. One's that people go to because they love the music. You are probably a nice guys and all but hey there is no creativity or flavor in that party. You lucked out by being friends with the promoters oooppps DJs there. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't be there.

Originally posted by thetunnel:

Hey RISA what is your favorite CLUB??? I am about to prove my point. cwm4.gif

who said I care about your point????... smile.gif

but...come on ...tell me something about Exit (my Fav)...and the Djs in there smile.gif .....

...this is too funny smile.gif

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Hmmm... interesting debate... I agree with some of what both Johnny Z and tunnel are saying...

If you don't like the crowd/music, there are always other places to go that will better suit your desires...I personally would never go to half the places I DJ at if I wasn't spinning there...I guess that's probably because being 24 years old and clubbing since 17, I'm kinda over the whole "show off my new clothes", get mangled to where you can't stand up, meat market type atmosphere at most clubs today...

I think it's kind of a natural progression... I would assume that most of the people at SF Fridays (just using it as an example, nothing against the party) are younger and the whole clubbing thing is somewhat new to them...As they get sick of it, they will move on to other types of clubs, music, etc, and a new younger generation will replace them...it's a continuous cycle, so there must always be partys to suit both types...

Also as far as B&T crowds are concerned, the soulful, deep stuff that peeps like erick morillo and friends play hasn't yet become mainstream enough for most of these peeps to be exposed to it on the reg in their own necks of the woods, thus they aren't seeking it out when the come to the city, they are looking for parties that play the same kind of music they hear in samller clubs in NJ, LI, or whereever else they are coming from...

just my 2 cents..

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

12/30 - Webster Hall

12/31 - Arena, Albany NY

12/6 - Arena, ALbany NY

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

Sat Dec. 30th - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!