Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Instead of spamming the forums

montbh

but if they are different then their real life counterparts, what would be the benefit to market to their internet personas?

because their internet persona has the credit card @ hand...and can easily make an impulsive buy which fits their e-persona ...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onisakura
Where di you quote that from Oni? Who said it?

Apple: Think Different.

An ad campaign from the 1990's.

because their internet persona has the credit card @ hand...and can easily make an impulsive buy which fits their e-persona ...
what kind of impulsive buy? gold points?

like i said thats a niche market and regular companies will prolly not spend too much capital on that

unless you show me proof you know what you are talking about, i take this as you just trying to argue with me as usual

like i said thats a niche market and regular companies will prolly not spend too much capital on that

unless you show me proof you know what you are talking about, i take this as you just trying to argue with me as usual

Here mr MBA, go ahead and spend the 6 dollars

http://harvardbusinessonline.hbsp.harvard.edu/b02/en/common/item_detail.jhtml?id=R0606B

Carmine has met me.

Jen has met me.

I talk to Gabe all the time online. We haven't crossed paths yet.

Im a normal guy. Everyone hates me because I move posts on an internet forum?

Noone knows anything about me except those 3 individuals. I promise you I'm not a douchebag in real life.

Thats what i'm saying.... no one really knows anyone unless they meet them in person and draw their own conclusions.. some people are douchebags in person and on the internet...

i'm sure your a nice guy and all, i just don't happen to agree with your moderator skills.. but thats my opinion... so call me a bandwagon jumper or whatever - just becuz i don't agree all the time with your mod habits doesn't mean I think your a total douche.

Guest onisakura
go figure :laugh:

i don't like that good ol' classic threads get deleted.. thats fucked up!

I agree. Old threads shoudn't be deleted just cause they are bumped. There has to be a better way to deal with them.

I agree. Old threads shoudn't be deleted just cause they are bumped. There has to be a better way to deal with them.

They shouldn't deal with them at all... If it really was such a bad thing to bump up old threads then we wouldn't have any archives at all. The fact that we can still find them tells me that they do want them around... (At least DaVe does)

what the fuck is a gold point??

and why is it always arguing with you? i cant have a normal fucking discussion? u and jon seriously share a brain

my point is that if ur sitting on the internet playin up to ur e-persona you are more likely than not to make an impulsive buy that u normally wouldnt ..if ur acting like some wine/cigar aficionado on the net..you may be more likely to go ahead and enter those CC digits and buy a 200-300$ bottle of wine/ cigar box.

i really dont understand why i have to explain this to you..it really seems like ur just trying to pick a fight here instead of having a legitimate conversation ...

what the fuck is a gold point??

and why is it always arguing with you? i cant have a normal fucking discussion? u and jon seriously share a brain

my point is that if ur sitting on the internet playin up to ur e-persona you are more likely than not to make an impulsive buy that u normally wouldnt ..if ur acting like some wine/cigar aficionado on the net..you may be more likely to go ahead and enter those CC digits and buy a 200-300$ bottle of wine/ cigar box.

i really dont understand why i have to explain this to you..it really seems like ur just trying to pick a fight here instead of having a legitimate conversation ...

i was tryin to have a normal conversation with you.. i apologize if it appeared otherwise..

when i said gold point, i meant in regards to what fred was speaking about with these virtual rpg games where you purchase points or what not

i agree with the cigar example, but again its a niche market.. my argument is that with more universal products, such as pepsi or starbucks, this form of marketing is not really that beneficial and they wount really concentrate on it

this is ur example of trying to have a normal conversation ?? watch out that u dont trip back-pedalling

Guest onisakura
i was tryin to have a normal conversation with you.. i apologize if it appeared otherwise..

when i said gold point, i meant in regards to what fred was speaking about with these virtual rpg games where you purchase points or what not

i agree with the cigar example, but again its a niche market.. my argument is that with more universal products, such as pepsi or starbucks, this form of marketing is not really that beneficial and they wount really concentrate on it

I'd imagine that they don't concentrate on it since it since those products already have mass appeal. Their biggest audience isn't necessarily in front of a computer but at the grocery store, on the street, on TV.....even though on TV, Internet and movies the ads are slightly more subliminal.

I'd imagine that they don't concentrate on it since it since those products already have mass appeal. Their biggest audience isn't necessarily in front of a computer but at the grocery store, on the street, on TV.....even though on TV, Internet and movies the ads are slightly more subliminal.
thats exactly my point, and these are the major companies of the world and henceforth i dont think this "avatar marketing" is ever gonna be a big thing except for niche markets such as cigars and similar products

here we go....this is why u and jon r perfect for each other...u always have that perpetual "WHAT I DO IM THE VICTIM" answer to everything
why not drop it and have a normal conversation since that is what you originally intended? it was a misunderstanding.. move on