Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hall Of Fame...whos not in

bxbomb

that should be in cooperstown

heres a few i think

any others ?

Andre Dawson : 440 HR ,290 avg,2700 hits,300 steals ,rookie of the yr. MVP,8 gold gloves

Jim Rice :380 hr,7.300 seasons and MVp and was a dominant player at his psoition for a good 10 yrs

Don Mattingly: major league record 6 grand slams in a season.

8 hr in 8 consecutive games , arguably the best player in all of baseballl 84-89.

9 gold gloves

Struck out a total of 130 times for a 4 yr stretch in that time(willy mo pena can do that by the all-star break)

has

career numbers a little light do to major back injury but still wound up .307 liftetime avg

and ill throw a pitcher in here

Bert Blyleven more wins than Bob gibson,Drysdale and Jim Palmer

I agree with everyone you mentioned....including the Yankee

i havent looked into it or read up on it at all so I dont know who else is out there....

wtf is this world coming too

i agree on Rice and you agree on mattingly

there are tons of borderline guys

i think also gossage and Sutter

lots of these guys will get in via the veterans comittee

wtf is this world coming too

i agree on Rice and you agree on mattingly

there are tons of borderline guys

i think also gossage and Sutter

lots of these guys will get in via the veterans comittee

being honest and paying respect where its due is way different then rooting for them.....

goose would also be a good selection.......i dont know how many they allow in at a time though

yeh dale murphy won ithink 2 mvps and had around 400 homers but if he gets in so does another guy similar situation Juan gonzalez (whose playing for the Long Island Ducks right now) he also has 2 mvps and over 400 homers and close to a lifetime .300 avg as well

watchin the Mets -Reds series reminded me of anothe r

BARRY LARKIN

just under a .300 career hitter , prob. the best Natl league SS for an entire decade , Played whole career for one team , First Shortstop to hit 30/30.

1995 NL MVP , a world series ring and 3 gold gloves

should get some votes doubt a first ballot though

fuck Don Mattingly....Keith Hernandez was way better then him

better at what doing rails of coke with Dale Berra

oh no you meant acting , ...Yeah he was a tour de force on Seinfeld

and please check the numbers Donnie Baseball has gotten him beat everywhere

Louie Tiant he won over 200 games. I corrected my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

No problem thats what im here for ,to tell bosox fans what the real deal is:itsok:

yeh Louie was good pitcher had a few 20 win seasons but pitchers int hat era need 275+ wins to get in

ANd his father was supposedly a better pitcher than him , wasnt allowed to pitch in the majors though

I go up to cooperstown every year during induction weekend, its tradition. havent missed one in the past 11 years. So i feel very strongly bout this topic. These are the numbers taken from the baseball hall of fame website. Next to each players name is the percentage of votes they received. A player needs 75% of the votes to get in the hall and if they do not received atleast 5% of the votes they are removed from the writers ballot and then can only be voted in by the veterans commitee.

Bruce Sutter 76.9 (this year's lone inductee)

Jim Rice 64.8

Rich Gossage 64.6

Andre Dawson 61.0

Bert Blyleven 53.3

Lee Smith 45.0

Jack Morris 41.2

Tommy John 29.6

Steve Garvey 26.0

Alan Trammell 17.7

Dave Parker 14.4

Dave Concepcion 12.5

Don Mattingly 12.3

Orel Hershiser 11.2

Dale Murphy 10.8

Albert Belle 7.7

First and foremost, i definitely agree that PETE ROSE should be in the hall of fame, but i feel mlb should not lift his lifetime ban from baseball. Let him get inducted once he dies. In case you didnt not know just about all of the living hall of fames attend cooperstown every year during the induction weekend (have autograph sessions, make appearances, play a golf tourney thats EXCELLENT for getting free autographs at) and it is rumored that many of the old timers (bob feller, robin roberts, etc.) said they would refuse to come back to the hall if pete was infact voted in. The hall of fame cant afford to lose the support of some of alot of its inductees to let one guy in.

Jim Rice, Rich Gossage, Andre Dawson, Bert Blyleven, and lee Smith all belong in the hall. Mark my words atleast 4 of these 5 will be voted in during the next 5 years. After next years hall of fame class of 2007 (cal ripken, tony gywnn, and possibly mark mcguire) the years after that are very weak. in my opinion they dont contain anyone that derserves to be a first ballot inductee and actually they dont really contain anyone who will voted in by the writers. But the hall needs to have atleast one inductee each year to bring people up there so they can make there money. (sad how it works but it still is a business) in the next few years you will most of these border line guys (not border line in my opinion) get into the hall. hopefully this made sense, it all just came out quick lol