Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who went the distance? S&D Twilo

Sounds like a lot of people from CP put in a pretty strong showing at Twilo! I saw lots of you still there around closing time. Who else went the distance and got their money's worth?

I think I left at about 10:30 (or whenever the music stopped). And, didn't get to sleep until about 1:30-2pm 'cause we went back and took a post show chillout smoke and munched on some gold fish (crackers).

I was pretty pleased with my performance, esp. considering I started the night off at Vinyl around 1am, then bounced to Twilo around 5:30. I was hoping they'd be giving away lapel pins at the door on the way out to those who stayed 'til close.

But, It feels like it's gonna take me several days to get the cobwebs out of my head. Thank goodness for having monday off.

And, a real quick 'hey' to the people I ran into (NFK, Apotheosis, Noiseboy, Az-tec, j3003, sgbrooklyn, Jammy, Divaliscious, Uknjx2, Trippintrance, Vejita)and maybe a few others.

Think I might have caught a glimpse of Pooh - were you wearing an offensive orange T-shirt and a boa?

DM

[This message has been edited by dmgreenz (edited 12-24-2000).]

i stayed till the very end. shit i could have listened to them for a few more hours. i can't belive i never went to see them before. the music just totally blew my mind. the last song of the night was def pne of my favs along with myrlins fav song ill hide you. i can't get that song out of my head but who cares i luv it. cwm4.gif

------------------

cop.gif

And i think to myself what a wonderful world!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

Myrlin, EzDreamer, Frodo, Sariman, & I got there at 10pm, froze our assess off, and stayed til closing and heard that last sick track Sasha dropped. cwm7.gif

damn straight, now THAT was going the distance......anyone can show at 5.....hehe.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hey Shadowchaser - can't believe I didn't see ya guys there. How can that be?Especially since you were there 12 1/2 hours - shit! Were you parked for awhile on the bleachers that are diagonaly opposite from the power bar?

I got there at midnight for Chris Fortier a few weeks back, and the place wasn't even open. The doorman told us to go down the street and have a few drinks at the bar, then come back in an hour. After that, no more early nights for me at Twilo. What time did S&D take the stage?

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

Myrlin, EzDreamer, Frodo, Sariman, & I got there at 10pm, froze our assess off, and stayed til closing and heard that last sick track Sasha dropped. cwm7.gif

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

Hey Shadowchaser - can't believe I didn't see ya guys there. How can that be?Especially since you were there 12 1/2 hours - shit! Were you parked for awhile on the bleachers that are diagonaly opposite from the power bar?

I got there at midnight for Chris Fortier a few weeks back, and the place wasn't even open. The doorman told us to go down the street and have a few drinks at the bar, then come back in an hour. After that, no more early nights for me at Twilo. What time did S&D take the stage?

Digs played from 2 till about 5 then sasha then they took turns. Then Sasha blew the whole damn house and my mind the last part of the night......Ill hide u

smile.gif

cwm26.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

what was going on before Digs came on at 2? Who opened up before our boys took the stage? I think I heard through the grapevine that you were a big fan of I'll hide u. Maybe you're shockwave/flash piece will be shocked site of the day ;-)

Originally posted by myrlin:

Digs played from 2 till about 5 then sasha then they took turns. Then Sasha blew the whole damn house and my mind the last part of the night......Ill hide u

smile.gif

cwm26.gif

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

what was going on before Digs came on at 2? Who opened up before our boys took the stage? I think I heard through the grapevine that you were a big fan of I'll hide u. Maybe you're shockwave/flash piece will be shocked site of the day ;-)

Sean Cusick spun. He was annoying at 1st then was a little better but still annoying, lol. Once Digs came on, things got better. And sasha was, priceless.

And yes, Ill hide you is my favorite right now wink.gif That mix was so intense. Ask anyone how happy I was lol.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

I started off at Cream at 10:30 for the kick-ass B-Day celebration for Miss Kittie, Steph, and Tyco.

My props to Az-Tec. That was a great time.

Finally got to Twilo around 3:30 and stayed til 9:00. Def got my money's worth. Took cat-naps all day Sat.

Goddamn, S&D rocked and thanks to the weather, I always had enough room to move.

Shouts to SGBrooklyn, Shadowchaser, IBHugh, SaraKim, and the rest of the CP group. Great showing. See you all on the 29th.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

I got there at 12am..... but had to leave at 3:00am.. due to a rather pressing engagement.

------------------

gohanssj2.gifBabymin1.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

SGBrooklyn (Sinem), FuegoNYC(Victor), and I (Rich) got there around 2am. After a night of partying in the VIP lounge, getting lost in the frenzy on the main floor, "rolling" around, and mingling with everyone we were there to hear the final spin of the night at 10:10am. We had a great time followed by an exhausting day of last-minute Christmas gift shopping!

Can't wait to do it again!

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

I was at Twilo until we got forcibly removed by the bouncers at 10 or whatever time it was that they closed, and also at Vinyl from 1am to 5:30 first. what a fantastic night out. shouts out to all I saw (p00h - what a hero; aztec, uknjx2, edge420, crackorn, divalicious, jammy, and of course the inimitable noiseboy; trippintrance64 and everyone else who my crackedout memory has already left behind)

who's up for Danny on Friday at Vinyl? dmgreenz - we must have seen each other at vinyl - where were you? I was by the speakers to the left of Danny as you look at him. next time......

The tracks started getting pretty sick at around 8am...... there was a period where some of it sounded a bit repetitive before then, and so I chilled in the lobby with thomaskm1, crommy, funkysoulbro and a few others. But after that, they were on FIRE.... and the last 3 songs before they closed at ~10;30 were really unbelievable. Probably the best S&D I've been to yet......

Probably gonna give S&D a break for a while..... there's a lot of really interesting stuff coming up in the next two months, not just at Twilo but at raves in/around NY. Still, I was glad I got back there to enjoy another quality night.

Btw, Jammy -- yer one of the most hardcore peeps I know. I don't think I could go the distance without some sort of stimulant to help dull the pain in my legs after a while....

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

shouts out to all I saw (p00h - what a hero; aztec, uknjx2, edge420, crackorn, divalicious, jammy, and of course the inimitable noiseboy; trippintrance64 and everyone else who my crackedout memory has already left behind)

you may be British and all, but at least you know an original when you see one. . . lol cwm30.gif

and what was up with p00h and that boa/scarf thing?? am i sensing a new queen in hiding?? cwm35.gif

------------------

HARDCORE. . . ya better ask somebody!!

damnit y did i have to miss s&d cwm23.gif next time im going even if i have to go alone... i was lookin forward to meeting more of u people... well next time then... cwm14.gif im still disappointed... oh well merry xmas to all and to all a good night

------------------

"He who laughs last didnt get it"

"It takes a big man to cry... takes a bigger man to laugh at that man"

"I sound like a chipmunk!!"

AIM---> PrncssVrnc

email---> PrncssVrnc@aol

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

I was at Twilo until we got forcibly removed by the bouncers at 10 or whatever time it was that they closed, and also at Vinyl from 1am to 5:30 first. what a fantastic night out. shouts out to all I saw (p00h - what a hero; aztec, uknjx2, edge420, crackorn, divalicious, jammy, and of course the inimitable noiseboy; trippintrance64 and everyone else who my crackedout memory has already left behind)

who's up for Danny on Friday at Vinyl? dmgreenz - we must have seen each other at vinyl - where were you? I was by the speakers to the left of Danny as you look at him. next time......

Hey, dirtyslapper, my favorite....i'm eating maltesers like they're going out of style...the bouncers made fun of me when i had to go back in to the bag check. they wanted to see what i was getting so i showed them and they were like "oh, they're just like whoppers"....i told them to bite their tongues, what sacrilege!!! you can't even compare the two.

man, i want to go to vinyl on fri...haven't been in ages. maybe i'll go for a little while!!!

pooh was wearing a boa??? i think a lot passed me by on friday b/c i don't recall a lot.....i was in a in way with myself but it was good seeing those i did!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

I showed up around 1:30 and bounced the entire night. I think I had a total of around 15 friends there that night (some of them are only Twilo friends and some not) and I was the *ONLY* one of my friends that closed it out. Not even raver_mania stayed to bounce with me. Anyway, I am thinking I need to meet some new friends because I always like closing out SND and my friends seem to be going the opposite direction.

Oh yes, I agree, the last track Sasha layed down was amazing. You might think it's hard to dance with the lights completely on in Twilo but that wasn't the case - lost myself

completely until Sasha suddenly stopped the music and went and sat down while the crowd dissipated...

dirtyslapper - didn't I meet you Friday night? (raver_mania introduced us). I think you were dancing to the left of the booth behind the first set of poles at the end? Or maybe not.

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

I was running mad strong from 10:30 till close with Myrlin, Shadowchaser, Ezdreamer and Frodo. And finished the night with two lovely ladies... pulsedriver and carabee.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

Hmmm. I kinda know where you are talking about - was it near the stairs that led to a little bar - not far from the 'chill out room' with the big cushions? I was a bunch of places. I think we spent some time dancing by the big fan that was to the right of Danny.

I ran into uknjx2 at twilo and told her to introduce me to ya if she saw you happen to pass by. but, guess that didn't happen. I used to rock DC, but just moved to NYC.

Next time up. And, if Pooh keeps wearing that boa, turn the table on him and make 'em your bitch.

DM