Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best DJ at present time

bunami

I would def. still have to say Junior's the man... You can't experience music like 9-11 in Twilo anywhere else. Nothing else compares. JP is a close 2nd, but Junior is still the King

CORRECTION:SHES THE QUEEN,DRAMA QUEEN!! cwm11.gif

------------------

13 wild years of Junior Vasquez!!! DROP A HOUSE ON THAT BITCH!!!

I dont know how some people thing what they think here, but opinions are like assholes and everyone has one so... Ive heard many DJ's but no one has kept me coming back week after week like DT.. I must say though, I heard Saeed and Palash and DJ Vibe come on during peak hour at vinyl, and they both WURQED IT... Thats hard to do coming on after a peak hour DT set...

-Adam

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

Originally posted by jasonct5:

I hope you don't mean Mabel that dj's in CT at places like System and Velvet. He's horrible. My fav's are Oakey and Cox.

Like I SAID EUROPE ALL THE WAY SO IM OBVIOUSLY TALKING ABOUT SOME EUROPEAN DJ

Mabel is from Germany

------------------

CO-CO-COLONIA

I can't say who my fav dj is now...but if you ask me how i felt when i first heard a dj spin..I've been to lots of clubsa and heard lots of dj's...all i can say is that Jonathon Peters and yes I say JP!! JP moved me the most when i first heard him..

I will judge DJ by how they made me feel when i first heard them....Years ago JP I thought was the best he moved me more than Paul Oakenfold did at the Hammerstien Ballroom when i first heard him...Moved me more than PVD when i first heard him in twilo..moved me more than Sasha/digweed, junior, DT when i first heard them....

Consider this. JP does not tour half as much as PVD, oakenfold or sasha, digweed and all those guys...

but just like european cars look cool to americans cos it's foreign..ans surely Trans-AM looked cooled to European cos it's foriegn from US...I'm sure given the chance if JP dj'd at europe in regular basis and and toured half as much as those guys he'd be given credit that he truely deserves.

I say JP is the most under rated DJ...I think..especially 3 years ago I would say he was the best...

but look out for a dj from jersey name Scratch and Sniff...he dj's at PARADOX in Plainfield NJ...not big yet but he will be..."mark my words"

It's hard to say who's the best dj right know so i just rarher make a list cause i didn't see some names on some poepls list who r very good djs

1-Sasha-need i say more

2-Digweed-absolutely amazing

3-Oakenfold-his sets r outstanding

4-tiesto-this guy is good, if you never heard of this man you need to. wait till febuary when he performs at Webster Hall.

5-JP-every sat night get better and better

6-Carl Cox-he will take you on a journey with his music.

7-DT-amazing

8-Mauro Picotto-this guy is incredible. when he drops the bass in his songs its like no other. check him out hopefully he twilo gets him to dj once a month there cause hes that good.

9-PVD-his music sucks you in.

10-Tony Draper-when hes on watch out cause exit goes crazy, but when hes off hes off like 12/22/00 he was horrible

ps...if there were some people i left out let me know..

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE

TO FUCK ON COCAINE"

Presently - Timo Maas, Anthony Pappa, Tyrant (Richards and Burridge), Howells, Deep Dish.

Consistently - S&D, Tenaglia, PVD

Would like to hear more of - Pete Tong

Jonathan Peters brings it hard and his sets are pure energy, just not my cup of tea as far as track selection/genre.

I think we would have some more contenders if we were subjested to them on a consistent basis. I heard Talla XL down in Miami at the WMC and was blown away, same with John Kelley. It seems our picks are dominated by the NY residents and what Euro's Twilo brings in.

------------------

Pac Man Fever.....

Originally posted by p00h:

eeww!

to put jr, mills etc in the same sentence as dt is rude to say the least. i say diggers and dt are in their own league, with a whole buncha others in a second tier behind them. friday's gonna be ill!

To suggest that Jeff Mills does not belong in the same room with John Digweed and Danny Tenaglia is not rude. It is completely ignorant. He spins a totally different style of music and is a genius and innovator within the electronic music scene. You may not like him (if you've ever even gone to see him) but that's really your loss.

The beauty of DJ'ing is that one can communicate their personality through the music they spin. I happen to like hard beats and techno, Danny and Diggers don't generally bring that, but at least I respect their skills.

And nobody mentioned Richie Hawtin.

johnny fucking vicious is the man, one hard joint after another along witht the extremely high beets per minute

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

I've seen PVD everytime but once since he's been bi-monthly resident at TWILO. I've seen a hell of a lot of other great dj's but as far as I'm concerned, he's above and beyond everyone else. I won't go into detail because PVD fans know what I'm talking about but that's our opinion. I still don't get why Judge Jules is even in the top ten ...he shouldn't be in the top 50...I've only heard a few of his sets but they seem pretty commercial and cheezy. Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, DJ Stigma is one on the rise so keep a look out for his sets...I've always loved Sandra Collins...she can spin some great sets when she wants too...already, you've heard enough I'm sure...later

I can't overempasize enough of how under rated Jonathon Peters is. Emagine this. If he toured half as much as those big DJ's and exposed himself to greater public world wide he'd be top ten on the DJ Magazine's best DJ. I've seen him DJ and he is very focused. He now has access to producers that Oakenfold does..thanks to last Thanksgiving rave at Hammerstien. If u ever been to SF on Sat. later hours he plays harder and less vocal songs...Tracks that most people can't identify because they are new 'brand new tracks straight from the producers. He is not everybody's cup of tea but I'd say like 2 years ago he and maybe even now he is the best DJ (in my opinion of course) that plays vocals/house and hard shit..he's playing less and less vocals due to influence of Paul Oakenfold and other european dj that's setting the trend.

But hey..he is awesome and under rated..lots of people don't like him cos they hear him all the time...emagine this:

Just like Porsche and Ferrarris looked cool to americans because it's foriegn..Well Trans Am looked cool to peeps that live in Europe..

my point is if he traveled more often..he'd be considered one of the best and should get the recognition and credit he deserves..

of course DT and pVD and Oakenfold and Sasha are all great..but everyone has their on cup of tea and my is spelled JP...hehehehe LOL