Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For those old enough to remeber the mid 70's

cathyo

The last post about the snow made me think about the huge storm that we had in this area in '76 or '77. I was only 5 at the time but I remember it so well. We were literally snowed in. When we pushed all the snow from the door we were greeted by 7 and 8 foot snow drifts all over! It was so much fun. We built snow tunnels that connected to different igloo's. Not the cheesy igloo's either. These were actual rooms (well, big enough for 6 or 7 kids to cram into). We didn't go to school for ages and the snow lasted forever! I think we sat at one of our snow tables for our fourth of July barbecue wink.gif !

Does anyone else remember or am I just old??

ps - how about the gas shortage, remember that...gas lines for 45 mins and you could only go on certain days!!!!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

i don't know about that storm, oh that's cuz i was in England then, but in the early 80's there was a kick-ass snow storm, like 26" and we'd jump of the second floor deck into the snow (after we raided the liquor cabinet) Let's do that this weekend...

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Ahhh - the gas lines - Odd Days for odd numbers on the license plates, Even days for evens, the red flag saying there was no gas.

I remember having a backhoe show up in the driveway to try to move the snow out of the way. School was closed for several days. Maybe we can get the same here, just wishing that the snow came on the 2nd and not on the 30th.

------------------

JDogg

AIM: JDoggNY2000

opelblitzcopy.gif

i was 5 in 76 and i do not remember the snow storm, cause we lived in south florida than. however i do remember the gas lines and when iran had americans as hostages. and we went around chanting save on oil, save on gas, tell Iran to kiss our ass.

My mom washed my mouth out with soap when i came home singing my little rhyme. smile.gif

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.