Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 6/29/06

weyes

a tip to beat the heat for those who don't have air conditioning (like weyes :( ):

hanging wet laundry up to dry in one's bedroom at night cools it down for a better night's sleep. for an added boost, a fan blowing on the clothes has a great cooling effect.

note: weyes always hangs up most of her laundry to dry instead of putting it in the dryer, and it's helped her t-shirts last and remain their original color for over a decade. her vintage clothes and delicates are also pampered in this manner. here's the kind of rack she has:

381411720331P.JPG

tune in tomorrow.

that's great advice. I live in Sherman Oaks and all I can say is WTF is with the weather?!?! Well, on second thought it is the high desert, but... c'mon. SO HOT.

I moved here from Glendale (went to college near there), and got my apartment mainly because it had a HUGE tree outside the main window, which made the apt very cool and dark. Of course, right before the first heat wave, my landlord cut the tree down, so now I'm screwed... :tdown: