Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I WISH IT WAS LAST FRIDAY AGAIN WITH S&D . . .

janky

Tell me about it. I would love to do SND all over again tomorrow (even though the line-up tomorrow looks damn good). It's funny how a few days to a week after an SND night, I keep saying, "Damn, I wanna be back there right now!". But, I think it's good that they only come once a month to Twilo. By the time they come back, everyone is so pumped to see hear them spin that the place is nuts!

If ya missed it, here's my review of last Friday on electrophobic.com:

-----

Christmas with Sasha and Digweed @ Twilo December 22

It was around 1:30AM when we finally made our way out of the New York cold and had our coats finally checked. With the place being as packed as it was, we decided to head to the VIP room to chill and come up prior to hitting the main floor. It was there that the white clovers dawned and our festive moods began to overcome us. Finally, after some mulling about, we made up our minds and decided to tackle the main floor.

When we got to the main floor, Digweed was already on the decks and the place was pumping! There were already a ton of folks inside Twilo and the vibe was great. Our Twilo crew, which consisted of Krish, Sergei, Ed, Al, Krish's sister Soumya and her two friends, Taj, Aamir, Selma, Jasmine, Wally, Marieke, Emilio, Ed's two friends, and myself, immediately started bouncing to some deep and dark house.

After Digweed's somewhat mellow set, Sasha took the decks and, in similar fashion to last month, immediately laid down some lofty, ethereal trance. The music was not hard at all and from Digweed's initial set until around 5:30AM or so, this is how the music progressed.

When the music suddenly ceased and explosive trance hit the floor, I glanced at my friend's watch to see it was promply 5:30AM. The mayhem was about to begin and we all prepared ourselves. Sasha was at the helm and everyone around me had, in a matter of a few minutes, lost themselves. The music was exactly the kind of music I expect to hear each and every time I hear Sasha and Digweed spin: chaotic progressive trance. And, I give it up to Krish, Ed and Al who, along with me, bounced like motherfuckers all night long! It was indeed a blast and I cannot wait to do it again.

But, the chaotic progressive trance would not last. From this point forward and for the rest of the night, the music would be presented in a looping cycle. The beginning of the cycle had the deep, dark house and the end was complete chaotic progressive trance. In between, it was nothing but pure progressive house to act as the link.

So, I cannot say this Sasha and Digweed performance was the most amazing I've ever heard and I cannot even say it was better than their performance in November (that will be hard to beat) but it was definitely fun and there were elements that are always present on each and every Sasha and Digweed night that keep me coming back for more. For instance, we had the deep, dark, rolling house in the beginning. We had Sasha bouncing periodically in the DJ booth. Finally, we had Sasha closing it out at 10:15AM with an amazingly hard trance choon and the crowd wanting more. (At this point, it's worth noting that I was the only one of the enormous group of folks I knew there last Friday that closed it out. I give you all boos for not closing it out!) Oh yes, speaking of elements, some of the tracks that they laid down were some kick-ass classics and some of them were brand-new. From my not-so-good memory, I remember hearing Danny Tenaglia's "Elements", Delta Lady's "Anything You Want" and the new Bedrock mix of Way Out West's "The Fall". Of course there were others, but I can't seem to garner them up from my long term memory just now. Maybe I'll remember a few more in the next millenium?

[written by Ricardo Cortes]

electrophobic@electrophobic.com

Copyright ©2000

All Rights Reserved.

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Ohhh I can still picture everything. Its like a slide show in my head. I see the smiling faces...the wink from Sasha (omg omg omg)....my dancing buddy for almost the entire night...the special familiar faces I saw...the priceless smile on Claudios when "Ill hide You" came on....the wicked tracks that were being layed down.

I AM still there....not doubt about that!!! And I cant WAIT till the next one.....

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

RoDriGo!! that was me!!! that was you and G!! i can't believe it, i completely remember you guys! we were standing right next to each other, and we didn't even realize it..

now i am going to go out and kick myself! shit! cwm32.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

holy fuckin shit, i fuckin knew it . . .

i was watching you dance and i was saying to myself "damn this girl can house" . . .

we were hanging out there cause there were a ton of azains there . . .

i remember you, i can't believe that was you . . .

damn, you are pretty money on the floor, yeeaahh girlie . . .

next time it's on, you and me . . .

hahaha . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Yup, last Friday was quite a lot of fun! Sorry I didn't make it to the battle zone frown.gif!

Rigo and G - what are you doing for NYE? I'll be back in the city.

Nice review there. Hey, I "almost" stayed till the end - I was dragged away by the others - all for some crappy after-party.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Krish, how was that after-hours party? I might be in NYC for <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years</a> , not sure yet.

Young, I was waiting for some Marlboro's from ya. Maybe next time? Where ya going for <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years</a> ? I might hit Exit or this Asian (XO) party.

Rigo, check out "Crouching Tiger" already!

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"Everything is sweetened by Risk."

snoopy.gif

damn! thanks yo, rodrigo you're the sweetest. next time for sure, i wasn't even dancin at my best that night. wink.gif

g-money, yo the marlboros i had them! if you had found me, i would have graciously given you my last one!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

G- The after-party sucked! I guess it was at the place of some guy who had his own record label and studio - nevertheless, there were hardly any people. There were 3 women and 3 guys in our group - he let the women in, and was about to close the doors on our faces. Not a very good host.

Should have stuck around at S&D till the end!

------------------

Nietzche

Originally posted by raver_mania:

G- The after-party sucked! I guess it was at the place of some guy who had his own record label and studio - nevertheless, there were hardly any people. There were 3 women and 3 guys in our group - he let the women in, and was about to close the doors on our faces. Not a very good host.

Should have stuck around at S&D till the end!

Were you at Divines House??? Usually his parties are slammin and lotsa fun. Surprising noone went back. Oh wells....I wasnt tehre eitehr..lol. I went home to bed with my best chicky!

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

Originally posted by misskittie:

Were you at Divines House??? Usually his parties are slammin and lotsa fun. Surprising noone went back. Oh wells....I wasnt tehre eitehr..lol. I went home to bed with my best chicky!

Prolly not. I didn't recognize any CP people there. In retrospect though I guess it is kinda hard to let strangers into your house.

------------------

Nietzche

Originally posted by eggmok:

i had already finished off most of nyc and i needed you to take care of my lightweight, like tyco and al . . .

ha ha ha ha.......you sucka....I was so on my face that night I can't even defend myself right now........come to think of it, next time I might have to stay sober and get a little serious on your ass rodrigo........ cwm12.gif

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Hey Rod,

Who's at Buzz tomorrow (Friday) night? I'll be in DC just for the night, so maybe if there's sumthin goin down... Is there a good list for that place? Do you know anyone with comps? Bummed I missed you/y'all last Friday... Def next time!

Hugs!

Melissa

------------------

Just saying no to drama.

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

rodrigo, i am soooo sorry for not meeting up! i was busy giving mad light shows to people to the right of the DJ booth (right by the bar).

next time... your crown will be mine.. don't fuck with me! i'll see you soon, promise. cwm38.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Originally posted by eggmok:

i keep on reliving the encore when sasha was goin off . . .

I keep having the scene play over where you and crack were making out.. i still can't get over HOW HAIRY such a person can be.. i knew hair grows around it, but not on it..

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"A good man is hard to find, A hard man is Good to find"
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

splash.gif

young, what happened . . .

i had already finished off most of nyc and i needed you to take care of my lightweight, like tyco and al . . .

what were you wearing cause i was where you were but on the platforms with the mad azians doing the lights . . .

hhmmm, we could have crossed paths . . .

------------------

ok, i was chillin by the corner that has seats that go up in a pyramid. i was still on the mainfloor, but right next to the bar area. there is like 3 steps there-- that's my spot.

anyway, i was wearing a long black skirt with straps coming out of it in every direction, and a gray sleeveless hoodie shirt, purple/yellow/orange glowstix. i was lookin for blue photons, and i saw some asian cats with them-- what were you wearing?

seriously, just giving mad shows and chillin with my boyz...next time i promise!!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

shit, was that you wearing the long skirt . . .

i saw one girl right where you are talking about that was housin with those color sticks with a long skirt . . .

i'm almost positive i was housin' right next to you at one point . . .

i was wearing black cargos, tight-ass white shirt and i was going crazy near the bar, i was doing the blue photons and g was doing the green ones . . .

it was around 7-8 o'clock and i swear, if that i was you, i was the only one housin with you . . .

------------------