Clubplanet Nightlife Community

...ifc....independent film channel....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...it's my new favorite...god bless dish network for ifc, xm, and so many other telecommunication treats....

welcome to 1994... (still though one of the only channels i watch on tv... foodtv, cnbc, comedy central, hbo, IFC, sundance.)

whats good on comedy central?

mostly nothing... however they showcase new comics on fridays so i try to catch that... lately its just been one lone white trash channel... seems everytime i put it on, its some blue collar this, or redneck that... " you know youre a redneck when you dont know youre being made fun of... "

what are some independent films you have in your queue? i'm curious. i was a film major:)

rent Imaginary Heroes. it's fantastic!

.....weird i just watched that yesterday....loved it .....i wanna go see the king..

some i like that i can think of off the top of my head..

manic

home at the end of the world

thank u for smoking

the laramie project

heathers

in america

dangerous lives of altar boys

pecker

what are some independent films you have in your queue? i'm curious. i was a film major:)

rent Imaginary Heroes. it's fantastic!

BadLands

the Intruder

Saints & Soliders

Other movies in my queue:

An officier and a Gentleman

Errol Flynn's movies: The Adventures of Robin Hood

Captain Blood

The Sea Hawk

the Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (I love Errol Flynn btw)..

Laura

Gentlemans Agreement

Coal Miners Daughter

The Way we were

The Big Country

Funny Girl

the ORIGINAL "the Last of the Mohicans - which is a silent film from 1920..

i am pretty bad ass... anyhoo... when are you coming home again??? your non-industry ass dissed me last time... i bought a cookiepuss cake and all that shit too.

...september fo' sho'....how 'bout coming out here?...much to do about nothing...

y tu mama tambien was a pretty good flick but i wouldnt classify it as independent just foreign

...eh i disagree...i think it had a lot of indie qualities...at least according to the usual themes and ideas presented in american films.....art house if u ask me...

.....weird i just watched that yesterday....loved it .....i wanna go see the king..

some i like that i can think of off the top of my head..

manic

home at the end of the world

thank u for smoking

the laramie project

heathers

in america

dangerous lives of altar boys

pecker

misk, have you ever seen Welcome to the Dollhouse? it's one of my favorite independent films. it's twisted, dark, but really funny. Todd Solondz also directed one called Happiness. all i have to say is it's severely fucked up. i've seen it a couple of times, and i like it for the perversity, but it is quite disturbing. i have a friend who goes off on a major rant every time i bring it up. it's not for everyone.

one of my fave indie directors is Atom Egoyan...

Exotica

The Sweet Hereafter

another REALLY good one

"the shape of things" from neal labute

that movie was awful. i can't believe i wasted an hour and a half on that piece of shit. rent In the Company of Men. it's one of the most emotionally violent movies you will ever see. i was shocked by it's brutality.

that movie was awful. i can't believe i wasted an hour and a half on that piece of shit. rent In the Company of Men. it's one of the most emotionally violent movies you will ever see. i was shocked by it's brutality.

i absolutley loved that movie and didnt think it was boring at all

i have yet to see in the company of men... it is im-fucking-possible to get here in germany. neither through ebay nor amazon... can´t find it to download on the net either (and i know where to look)