Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Should the Yankees fire Joe Torre?

How many other MLB teams hsven't won a title in 5 years??

Hint: One of them resides in Queens

the redstorm?

because the way these met fanz are creaming their pants it seems they have won a few world series lately

Although I don't know how he would do that without trading Philip Hughes. Which would be disastrous because everyone is saying how this guy rates to be at LEAST a 2 and possibly a 1 starter in the majors.

lately i've been hearing that him and Pelfrey of the Mets are at the top when it comes to pitching prospects

and yes bxbomb I call winning 4 out of 5 WS to a couple of 1st round exits in the playoffs, losing the WS to the Marlins and THE BIGGEST COLLAPSE IN SPORTS HISTORY a downward slope. We are not talking about the Mets here. I admit the Mets have been shitty for a long time. You can not sit her and tell me you are happy with the position your team is in right now and what you have accomplished the last 6 years. If you say you are then you are lying to yourself

the pointgot milk was trying to make to me is that their on a downward slope

so NMN a downward slope= not winning the world sereies every yr?

the MEts and there paltry payroll only gets them LAST PLACe last yr and no playoffs for several yrs

not for nothing but the mets finished 3rd place i believe..

it def was not last.. so you are WRONG!

lately i've been hearing that him and Pelfrey of the Mets are at the top when it comes to pitching prospects

Yeab but the only difference is that Pelfrey is 22 and I think Hughes is only 19 so Hughes is nowehere near ready. But we may get to see Pelfrey in the majors this year.

200 million payroll and a first round exit!

The difference between a 130mm payroll and a 200mm one is not that much different. Now, if you take a 50mm payroll team and put them up against a 120mm team, that would be a huge dicrepancy.

The Yankees and the Mets are both big market teams that spend alot of money. Finishing the way you did last year is comparable to the Knicks and their payroll finishing the way they did.

The Yankees and the Mets are both big market teams that spend alot of money. Finishing the way you did last year is comparable to the Knicks and their payroll finishing the way they did.

sorry but that was just wrong.

no one should be compared to the knicks.

But we may get to see Pelfrey in the majors this year.

from the looks of it we'll probably go out another solid 3rd starter and call him up...usually i would want to wait to make sure he is ready because we have a big lead in the division but with the way our pitching has been we can use the lead to his advantage so he doesn't feel so much pressure that he has to win every game. either way i always enjoy watching new, young talent come up through our systems