Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's the big deal about fireworks?

weyes

i have overexposure to them, it's true, as i live by disneyland and angels stadium (the latter does them every fri.), but i've never really gotten the appeal. they're all pretty much the same.

but i really don't get the cheesy ones that regular people buy. they make a crazy racket when i'm trying to watch tv, goddammit!!! i was eating chips & salsa, too, so i couldn't hear a thing :laugh: . but these are dangerous, illegal in a lot of places, and they don't even look cool in the slightest. what's the point?

so, what's the big deal?

i dig the big shows. i've never been a real big fan of the amateur stuff. it's dangerous and just not that impressive. my girlfriend and i went to a friend's family's house in pasadena last night and we sat basically right under the fireworks display at a high school. it was great. the only problem was the ash and debris from the exploding fireworks raining down on us! i saw a few fires last night from people being lame with illegal fireworks.

In a way it has to do with tradition and nostalgia, we all remember the campy fireworks in our backyard when we where kids, seeing our Dads' and uncles' burn the shyt out of their fingers, sparklers everyone together laughing. Why wouldnt we want to pass those feelings and memories on. :)

U see fireworks are on this planet to show the smart people who the dumb ones are. merely look around on the 5th at the people that are banadaged and limbless; these people are the retards of society...its basically darwin's thinning of the herd principle...the dumb die off

U see fireworks are on this planet to show the smart people who the dumb ones are. merely look around on the 5th at the people that are banadaged and limbless; these people are the retards of society...its basically darwin's thinning of the herd principle...the dumb die off

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: classic!!!

PS: i agree

there was a guy with whom i went to high school who was missing a join on one of his fingers. when i asked him what had happened, he proudly said, "m-80!" i had no idea what he was talking about, and i didn't ask.

there was a guy with whom i went to high school who was missing a join on one of his fingers. when i asked him what had happened, he proudly said, "m-80!" i had no idea what he was talking about, and i didn't ask.

his mother must be just as proud of having such a bright son

Geeez, your 4th stories sound like the makings of some war move gone tragically wrong.:laugh2: I guess I got lucky, I have the laughter and nostalgia to reminise with fireworks.
i have lots of good 4th memories, don't get me wrong! just don't get the firework thing :confused: .