Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would you date someone who was ...

Would you date someone who was handicpped ?

I was at Lotus one night.

And I was talking to this guy the whole night and at the middle of the conversation, he tells he lost his right hand in a motorcycle accident.

He tells me he thinks I'm nice because I talked to him and he gives me his number.

Then he kissed me on the cheek ..

Would you date someone out of pity ?

[This message has been edited by dolcemimi (edited 12-28-2000).]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never date someone out of pity. It is a waste of both our times. That is like a slap in the face to the guy if you do that. If you feel that you can overlook it then you should try it out. You don't have to marry the guy. If you have fun with him then why not???

Just my opinion...

Breann

I'm a real compassionate person. Most stuck up girls that hang out at Lotus won't even talk to him.

I feel bad for him. He seemed lonely. He says women diss him all the time. But his handicap also grosses me out !

I empathize and I'm grossed out at the same time !

Originally posted by dolcemimi:

I'm a real compassionate person. Most stuck up girls that hang out at Lotus won't even talk to him.

I feel bad for him. He seemed lonely. He says women diss him all the time. But his handicap also grosses me out !

But it is a slap in the face to him if you date him because you feel bad for him....do you like him??? Or are you just considering it just because you feel bad for him? It must be very hard for him also. Just think of his feelings also. He won't want a girl that will just date him for pity. Am I making any sense?

Breann

I would not pity the fool one bit. After all, dude still has his left hand to jerk off those lonely nights. Plus he gets his share of girls that 'pity him' into bed just for that reason. I mean, I actually envy the bastard.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

Originally posted by bungee:

I would not pity the fool one bit. off Plus he gets his share of girls that 'pity him' into bed just for that reason. I mean, I actually envy the bastard.

OMG ! You think that handicapped guy is using his handicap to pick up girls ?

He was pretty cocky for a handicap !

I'm soo grossed out !! He tried to make out with me ! He was trying to touch me and kiss me..and YUCK !!!

I've been having nightmares about that handicap guy !!! I feel like I'm gonna PUKE !!

Originally posted by bungee:

I would not pity the fool one bit. off Plus he gets his share of girls that 'pity him' into bed just for that reason. I mean, I actually envy the bastard.

I'm soo grossed out !! He tried to make out with me ! He was trying to touch me and kiss me..and YUCK !!!

I've been having nightmares about that handicap guy !!! I feel like I'm gonna PUKE !!

If you puke, be sure to clean up. Hey, look at bright side, he may have lots of money to spend on you. I hears Uncle Sam takes care of the handicapped with donations, parking previledges, etc. Might as well get some benefits out of screwing the dude.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

and why exactly are u questioning if you should go out with him or not...sounds like you answered your own question there girly!!!! regardless if he's a cripple or not, sounds like a class A jerk to me!!!!!

dolcemimi, you sound like a naive, shallow bitch to me. please excuse my saying so if it's just my interpretation of these few posts. but my reasoning: you seem to be fishing for pity for your own guilt, first of all. you consider yourself compassionate and empathetic, but you are more worried about behaving like a person who is compassionate and empathetic, and appearing as such a person. at bungee's suggestion that this guy uses his severed hand to get ass from girls, you embrace the idea and are immediately disgusted by your recollection of your meeting. a "kiss on the cheek" becomes "He tried to make out with me ! He was trying to touch me and kiss me..and YUCK !!!". great changing of stories

if you don't like the guy's personality, you don't like him regardless of one hand, two hands, or three hands and six tentacles. if you're simply unable to get over a person's condition, just fucking admit it. admit it, and either develop enough tolerance to not be grossed out by it, or talk about it openly to dissolve any alienation. your kind of prejudice is the kind that manifests itself as racism, homophobia, and general ignorant egocentrism.

i'm not saying date the guy. in fact, if you call him and ask for a date, it'd be obvious it is again because of your guilt. i'm saying, next time you meet someone who is different from you, talk to them because they are chill and interesting, not because they are pitiable. and if their difference makes you uncomfortable, familiarize yourself and talk about that. (if they don't want to, they'll stop talking to you and problem of awkwardness solved)

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

Originally posted by deanna11:

dolcemimi, you sound like a naive, shallow bitch to me. please excuse my saying so if it's just my interpretation of these few posts. but my reasoning: you seem to be fishing for pity for your own guilt, first of all. you consider yourself compassionate and empathetic, but you are more worried about behaving like a person who is compassionate and empathetic, and appearing as such a person. at bungee's suggestion that this guy uses his severed hand to get ass from girls, you embrace the idea and are immediately disgusted by your recollection of your meeting. a "kiss on the cheek" becomes "He tried to make out with me ! He was trying to touch me and kiss me..and YUCK !!!". great changing of stories

if you don't like the guy's personality, you don't like him regardless of one hand, two hands, or three hands and six tentacles. if you're simply unable to get over a person's condition, just fucking admit it. admit it, and either develop enough tolerance to not be grossed out by it, or talk about it openly to dissolve any alienation. your kind of prejudice is the kind that manifests itself as racism, homophobia, and general ignorant egocentrism.

i'm not saying date the guy. in fact, if you call him and ask for a date, it'd be obvious it is again because of your guilt. i'm saying, next time you meet someone who is different from you, talk to them because they are chill and interesting, not because they are pitiable. and if their difference makes you uncomfortable, familiarize yourself and talk about that. (if they don't want to, they'll stop talking to you and problem of awkwardness solved)

GREAT answer! I cannot add anything more to that!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

I *really* have trouble believing some of these conversations. I mean, keep them up, but damn.

Answer your (or any) question by asking the same thing if all factors were equal in your mind.

Would you date a normal person?

would you date a 'handicapped'? If you have to differentiate between the two, then the answer is no. You are prejudiced and should avoid the situation.

But by prejudiced i dont mean to be insulting. Only that you have 'prejudged' the situation, nothing to be ashamed of, just aware of. His physical condition matters to you. We are all prejudiced in some way.

I avoid dating actresses... bad exp once, thats just me. I wouldn't mind dating a woman who lost a hand, but a speech impediment might be too much. To each his/ her own.

But never do anything out of pity. It's just insulting.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

And I was talking to this guy the whole night and at the middle of the conversation, he tells he lost his right hand in a motorcycle accident.

He tells me he thinks I'm nice because I talked to him and he gives me his number.

out of pity? What are you retarded?

------------------

gohanssj2.gifBabymin1.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

To me he sounds like he uses this to his benifit.. If he kept on brining it up, i bet you this guy gets alot of dates.. He wants you to feel sorry for him.. Ok say you met a man at a bar.. and the whole night he kept on saying "i can't please a girl because my cock is only 1.5 inches" would you feel sorry and fuck him and fake an orgasm? prob not.. so dont go out with a guy who brings up his handicapt alot.. WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING THAT MAKES US HANDYCAP be it physical, mental..

XOXOXO MWWWWWAH cwm22.gifcwm23.gifcwm24.gifcwm22.gifcwm23.gifcwm24.gif

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"A good man is hard to find, A hard man is Good to find"
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

splash.gif

FIRST- Hold all your negative comments against me. I never met a handicap so I don't know how to deal with one.

I bet some of you even never met a handicap. Why don't you get hit on by a handicap and see how you feel ?

ANYWAYS - He mentioned it only once and when I told him"it's not your fault"- he said " awww...you're so nice" - that's when he made the moves on me. He thought I liked him because I felt sorry for him.

I got played by a handicap .

FIRST- Hold all your negative comments against me. I never met a handicap so I don't know how to deal with one.

I bet some of you even never met a handicap. Why don't you get hit on by a handicap and see how you feel ?

ANYWAYS - He mentioned it only once and when I told him"it's not your fault"- he said " awww...you're so nice" - that's when he made the moves on me. He thought I liked him because I felt sorry for him.

Okay . . . I really think you should not respond any more cause you just really sound more naive with each post. cwm25.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“Life is the childhood of our immortality." -Goethe angel.gif

BluAnglTek.jpg

here's a fun game to play: find and replace all "handicap"s with another word, say, "black", "asian", "gay", etc. read again. the only thing i get from dolcemimi's context is narrow-mindedness

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

Black,Asian gay are not same thing as handicaps. Handicap is a medical term.

Then might as well as put in white and hispanic and Jews in there too.

All the girls are calling me a narrow minded- shallow whatever ..

All the guys are saying - that the guys is some sord of handicap playboy who uses sympathy to get laid..

... 2 totally different point of views ...how interesting ..

All the guys are saying - that the guys is some sord of handicap playboy who uses sympathy to get laid..

Ummmm correction! ONE guy implied that he may be using it to get girls . . . rest of us just think that you're very fake and flakey.

GET IT RIGHT!

BlueAngel

------------------

“Life is the childhood of our immortality." -Goethe angel.gif

BluAnglTek.jpg

Black,Asian gay are not same thing as handicaps. Handicap is a medical term.

Then might as well as put in white and hispanic and Jews in there too.

Hmmm...you might want to retract your "all the guys" statement (2 guys does not equal all the guys). Go back and read the posts carefully. I'm sorry, but you def. come across as narrow-minded and shallow. I mean..wtf...did he give you a sweet peck on the cheek or was he trying to grope you???

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

if it was a handicap that you could not see, would you date him than????? there are alot of people who are termed handicap and it does not mean that they are missing a limb. if you felt that you were being played, why did you sit there and talk to him further? you wasted his time and your own!

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

Guest jesuki1

dolcemimi - i'm sorry you feel torn by this situation.

i can relate in a way - sometimes, i feel drawn towards a quiet guy at a party. sometimes, he turns out to be a great person, cool to hang out with. sometimes, i find out there's a reason he's alone (b/c he's a loser).

but pity should never be a reason to go out with someone. if you're honest enough to admit that his handicap repulses you, so be it. don't drag out a situation that can't end well by going out with him.

if he wants to be stupid enough to hang out at a place where women won't give him the time of day, then it's not your obligation to rescue him. cwm20.gif

it seems to me you are interested in him despite his handicap... it also seems u are pretty lonely as well.. in that case i think two of you will make a great couple.. if im wrong u shouldn't go out with him just out of pity that is really stupid and pathetic on your part..

------------------

i shall speak the truth with an honest tongue...at least on this board.. it really doesnt matter if you get offended by my posts because my posts are bs free and totally honest...honesty.. such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue...

billy joel.

I might sound flakey- but if you were in the same shoes you'd have mixed feelings too.

We've been thought that predujice based on skin color is wrong but predujice based on physical handicap ( obesity, missing limbs, vertically challenged and etc.) aren't really dealt with.

Sometimes you just don't know how to deal with people .