Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn djjonstephen & oldtimer

he aint my closer. I'll root for the Pads because I live here, but my team will never stop being the Sox till the day I die. As far as I'm concerned he helped my team out

Its all good though seeing as we got a closer that should win the Cy Young and ROY ;)

Its all good though seeing as we got a closer that should win the Cy Young and ROY ;)

Seriously? How could you pick Papelbon over Liriano at this point? Liriano has the best ERA in all of MLB by a whole run lower. His WHIP is also tops amongst all starters. And he leads all starters in K/9 as well. Not to mention he's 10-1 for a slightly above avergage team. If he and Papelbon both continue to pitch the way they have, they will end up with two of the best seasons ever for a starter and closer, respectively. But how would voters bring themselves to vote for a closer over a starter?

Don't get me wrong, I think Papelbon is having one of the best seasons ever for a reliever, but I don't even think he'll finish ahead of Halladay for the CY

Seriously? How could you pick Papelbon over Liriano at this point? Liriano has the best ERA in all of MLB by a whole run lower. His WHIP is also tops amongst all starters. And he leads all starters in K/9 as well. Not to mention he's 10-1 for a slightly above avergage team. If he and Papelbon both continue to pitch the way they have, they will end up with two of the best seasons ever for a starter and closer, respectively. But how would voters bring themselves to vote for a closer over a starter?

Don't get me wrong, I think Papelbon is having one of the best seasons ever for a reliever, but I don't even think he'll finish ahead of Halladay for the CY

you're right because of the fact that he is a closer and unless your name is dennis eckersley or erik gagne, you aint winning a cy young this time around. as of right now if it were voted on today for the cy young i think Paplebon would get it over liriano. Liriano has been in the bullpen half the year so far and has only made 10 starts. Now, he's been stellar in those starts but the fact remains that he was a reliever half the year so comparing stats to stats, its a no brainer considering the ERA, WHIP, BA against, etc. Give it the course of the season and Liriano will get the upper hand though

and the truth is I dont even think Paps is the mid season cy young guy.....I give that award to Johan

he aint my closer. I'll root for the Pads because I live here, but my team will never stop being the Sox till the day I die.

san diego hs a baseball team???

yeah true that.. i dont follow padres.. the only teams i root for are mets and whoever is playing the yankees.. lol

san diego hs a baseball team???

yeah true that.. i dont follow padres.. the only teams i root for are mets and whoever is playing the yankees.. lol

good call about the Yankees :aright:

you make it out to Petco yet? beautiful stadiium, I highly suggst it if you havent been there yet