Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tattoo parlor / person recommendations

vejita

Finally got my hands on the template for my tattoo, and now I need to start casting about for somebody competant enough to do it. It's Japanese, will involve a fair number of lighter-hued colors (not just black/green/red) and is roughly the size of a small index card, standing on end.

If anybody can recommend a person or place which they feel might be able to do a good job, or where they've had GOOD work done, I would greatly appreciate the 411. Thanks in advance!

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

There was just a thread on this the other day and i'm ready to get mine too!! I have my place and dude picked out...Shiotse's off rt. 46 in jerseyl....They have a great rep. and I know SO many people who had their's done there and can i jus ttell you that Kerri is doning mine. He refused my first design b/c of lines being too lclose together an dwhat not but he'll do this one and i can't await. thises e thingws are expensive. i truly cannot type to speed after a fe3w drinks.....]

anywya, good lick wiht your tatttooo

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

tattoos are addictive. you can't just stop at one. i got one small one, then i ended up getting a medium size one, and i am itching to get another one. so be careful!

now, i see you are from NYC-- why the heck would you want to leave NYC for a tattoo? there are a million places here that are clean and really good.

i would recommend doing some shopping first. you said you wanted a japanese design, i would check out the shops that have younger, more diverse artists. check out studio enigma, there are like 5 places throughout nyc. i went to the one near ave a, i think it was on st marks. the guys are world famous there, check out their books.

there is another younger guy on ave a, i forget the name of the place. but anyway, he's really young, so his designs are a bit more edgy, and not so old fashioned.

and lastly, straight up, if possible, look for someone that is asian. my friends that have dragons, snakes, characters, etc have gotten it done by asian artists and it's always soo much nicer, just in terms of catching the right feel for the tattoo. you know?

good luck. when you get yours done, i would love to have a look. i'll show you mine! wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Hehehe. Well, I'm not much of a pain affectionado -- actually, I'm pretty much a big wuss -- so I'm not sure I'll be looking for another tattoo for a while. But I have my own personal reasons for getting this one, so I'm definitely gonna do it.

I'd leave NYC for a tattoo because I'm concerned some of these places are too much like fast food joints -- there's lots of them and not much to distinguish them from one another. Besides, the one I'm getting is pretty damn intricate -- the styling is Japanese and I'm a bit nervous that the subtlety (sp?) will be lost.

I actually have the _design_ picked out already -- all I'm searching for now is the artist who can make it happen. And yes, even though that might seem stereotypical, I have been looking quite hard for a Japanese artist to do it. Anybody who knows how to do real calligraphy can do this well......

Thanks for the info, and the vote of confidence. I might hold off for a little while -- a friend of mine is looking to have one done, and so we might get them done together -- but I'm hellbent on getting this tattoo.

And thanks to everyone else for giving me the 411 on possible places to go... I really appreciate it.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

I had my second tattoo done by this guy,Scratch Tattoo

Jackson Heights, NY., 11372

(718.803.3103)

Artists: Thailand Mike

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Hoboken Body Art

107 10th St.

They have a site at <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://members.aol.com/HobBodyArt/index.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://members.aol.com/HobBodyArt/index.html</A>

I got my bellybutton pierced as my buddy Angie (Dalfinus) for a fabulous tatoo... The dude there does some BEAUTIFUL work and he's been at it forever!

Have fun!

- meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

[This message has been edited by melichacha (edited 12-29-2000).]

Originally posted by xxlea:

I had my second tattoo done by this guy,Scratch Tattoo

Jackson Heights, NY., 11372

(718.803.3103)

Artists: Thailand Mike

OMG, my friend got hers done by him...He is a really nice guy and good @ what he does.

~*Jam*~

------------------

Email: ynicholas@aol.com

AIM: ynicholas

One more vote for Shotsie's on Rt 46 in Wayne. Very well know, awards and all that stuff. I had two done there.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

i second studio enignma its really good i also got my second one in the city in the village at graffix which was good the guy was really good and did exactly what i wanted b/c i thought of the design myself and he drew it exactly how i wanted smile.gif they r addicting!!!

------------------

Ravers don't fall...they trip and roll! hehe;)

Kandygirl guestlist for Exit for reduced admission pm me:)