Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ever heard of VOIP? For cell phones?

rachel1997

Have you heard of it or want VOIP?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of it or want VOIP?

• Yes, I have it on my Home line!
    • No, Would love it for my Home Line!
    • Never heard of it, don't know what VOIP is!
    • Yes, would love it for my cell phone!
    • It sounds cool but I can not afford it!

I just heard that they are offering VOIP plans and I signed up!

Apparently there is only one for the home, to call international for $25 a month. But what about someone like me that only has a cell phone and hates buying and running out of calling cards... I was so happy to find out that I can call international from my cell phone, and no one ever misses me when I'm on the run. Also added on the $5 extra a month, for mom-in-law - she has personal phone number to call ME any time she wants! Yay! NOW she won't be able to complain that she's spending too much money on calling cards.

Can't wait to tell more people about it.

They also have a VOIP For homes to call international too!

If you guys are interested I can direct you where to get it, just send me a PM!

Do any of you guys have VOIP now for the home? You like it?

02_e61_lowres.jpg

Available%20WLAN.jpg

http://www.digg.com/hardware/Nokia_e61,_a_VOIP_WiFi_blackberry-competitor_(video_review)

Nokia has had a VoIP client on their top-of-the-heap smartphone since December.

All I have to do is program whichever provider I'm using, find a hotspot, and off I go.

You can get the E61 unlocked for under $400

Do not get the E62, as this is the crippled version Cingular is foisting on people sans WiFi and VoIP.

Also, I'm pretty sure the T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard) has a VoIP mod available for it.

02_e61_lowres.jpg

Available%20WLAN.jpg

http://www.digg.com/hardware/Nokia_e61,_a_VOIP_WiFi_blackberry-competitor_(video_review)

Nokia has had a VoIP client on their top-of-the-heap smartphone since December.

All I have to do is program whichever provider I'm using, find a hotspot, and off I go.

You can get the E61 unlocked for under $400

Do not get the E62, as this is the crippled version Cingular is foisting on people sans WiFi and VoIP.

Also, I'm pretty sure the T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard) has a VoIP mod available for it.

getting an E61 as soon as I can!! :)

You don't need a VOIP cell phone to have VOIP on your cell... if that is what you are trying to say?

You can get the VOIP service on your cell phone like I have, if you want to get it just let me know.

digital7 - I've been in Florida since Sept/2002

You don't need a VOIP cell phone to have VOIP on your cell... if that is what you are trying to say?

You can get the VOIP service on your cell phone like I have, if you want to get it just let me know.

digital7 - I've been in Florida since Sept/2002

ok by running some thirdparty J2ME application or what?

because voip would mean that i would have to send my calls to a sip server to get packetized and then sent back over to another voip customer or the pstn.

In other words it sounds like a bad hack. Why try to shoehorn it into something that won't necessarily support it off the bat? The whole magic of VoIP is having super-cheap phone calls through any broadband connection. With a VoIP enabled cell like the E61, you can make and receive calls without using conventional airtime if you're say, at home, or at the office and there's a hotspot.

What this rachel person seems to be hawking is some oddball adaptation which would most likely operate over GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA, which in turn still uses your airtime. In other words, a bad hack.

damn girl, where you been hiding?

LOL I've been saying that for years...

I remembered when she first moved here she still never came out of the E-Bay Closet...

I guess she was making too much money ;P

Hey Rach send me the info @ the VOIP cell shit...

My girls moving to London and I could def use it... (even though Skype is dope and they sell VOIP Cells)

we both already have pretty good cell phones

LOL I've been saying that for years...

I remembered when she first moved here she still never came out of the E-Bay Closet...

I guess she was making too much money ;P

Hey Rach send me the info @ the VOIP cell shit...

My girls moving to London and I could def use it... (even though Skype is dope and they sell VOIP Cells)

we both already have pretty good cell phones

if you get a voip package she can get a local number (did) that you can call while she's in london just like if she was still here. did that make sense?

This isn't actually VOIP, it's more of a plan that you can call international, I'm comparing it to VOIP because there are several companies working now also to do the same service.

All you need is a cell phone, it doesn't matter which service you are using, it's just another $25 a month in addition to your regular bill.

No contracts, just a one time $25 activation fee, there are no "minutes" to go over (unless you go over your own cell phone minutes, so you need to call when you have free nights & weekends if you are going to talk long), no hidden charges, - just the $25 .

If you want the person that you are calling to (International) to be able to reach you too for cheap, it's $4 extra a month, and they get a local # they dial to reach you. Add another $5 and you can call international from your home phone too.

You call, they enter your info, and in 1 day you are connected, you also receive a welcome packet in the mail 2 days later.

Obviously there are home plans too, but that's cheaper for $19 a month.

ok by running some thirdparty J2ME application or what?

because voip would mean that i would have to send my calls to a sip server to get packetized and then sent back over to another voip customer or the pstn.

Sorry i misunderstood you, The VOIP is only for the home phone plans, the cell phone service is differnet.