Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You can't be Syria!!!

funketeer

What kind of world are we Lebanon? I Kuwait for these Turkeys to stop fighting...ya no sé ni Pakistán, la verdad. Yemen, you know what I mean...this situation Israel as it gets, I'm being Syria...Bahrain or shine, these suckers still wanna fight each other and Afghanistan because he went to the dessert and didn't wear sunscreen.

I dunno...something like that :biggrin:

menewzz.gif

stop the fighting, motherfuckers! :mad:

The sad thing is that with all the $$$$ generated in that part of the world, if the governments concentrated on developing their own countries instead of attacking each other the place would probably be the envy of the world. Fucking assholes.

you mean they would be the envy of the world fucking assholes? :what:

The moment your map includes the Palestinian territories, a huge step towards peace will be achieved. :zzz2:

My contribution to world peace:

Señorita intelectual, ya se que tienes

El área abdominal que va a explotar

Como fiesta patronal, que va a explotar

Como palestino...

Yo se que a ti te gusta el pop-rock latino

Pero es que el reggaeton se te mete por los intestinos

Por debajo de la falda como un submarino

Y te saca lo de indio taino

:party:

My contribution to world peace:

Señorita intelectual, ya se que tienes

El área abdominal que va a explotar

Como fiesta patronal, que va a explotar

Como palestino...

Yo se que a ti te gusta el pop-rock latino

Pero es que el reggaeton se te mete por los intestinos

Por debajo de la falda como un submarino

Y te saca lo de indio taino

:party:

It's all about maps ... LOL

world.jpg

Let's analyze this situation from the rock'n roll standpoint, let's have a look at some songs that have brought up in one way or another the crisis on the middle east throughout the years...shall weeeeee???

Rock the Casbah

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Rock the Casbah", one of the most popular songs by The Clash, was released on their 1982 album Combat Rock. It is one of their few songs to become a Top 10 hit in the United States, reaching #8 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The song was inspired by the banning of rock music in Iran under Ayatollah Khomeini. The song gives a fictitious account of the ban being defied by the population who proceed to "rock the casbah", causing the King to order jet fighters to bomb any people in violation of the ban. The pilots ignore the orders, and instead play rock music on their cockpit radios. The song does not mention Iran, nor does it give the specifics of any Islamic nation, and in fact it uses Arabic terms instead of Persian, mentioning casbah, sharif, bedouin, and sheikh. It is one of the more light-hearted songs by the Clash, particularly as they were well-established as a political band. Political undertones are often read into the song.

The track also makes references to the cordoned off Arab areas of European colonial holdings. The example most used is that of the Casbah in Algiers during the time that France occupied Algeria. Rock the Casbah has been said to be a reference to the anti-imperialist movements in colonial nations as well as the banning of music in Persian and Arab nations.

"Rock the Casbah" originated when the band's manager, after hearing them record an inordinately long track for the album, asked them facetiously "does everything have to be as long as this raga?" (referring to the Indian musical style known for its length). Joe Strummer later wrote the opening lines to the song: "The King told the boogie-men 'you have to let that raga drop'". The rest of the lyrics soon followed.

The song is one of the few in which drummer Topper Headon played a substantial role in the writing of the music beyond the percussion tracks. The instrumental opening was a tune he had written on the piano some time earlier, and had toyed with during rehearsals before being incorporated into the song. In the 2002 Documentary Westway to the World Headon describes that he played drums, bass, and piano on the record. Headon claims that, while he thought he was merely playing the song for the rest of the band, his performances were, unbeknownst to him, recorded.

The Clash made low-budget music videos for several of their songs, and the one for "Rock the Casbah" may be their most memorable. It depicts an Arab and a Hasidic Jew dancing together through the streets, often followed by an armadillo, interspersed with the band performing in front of an oil well. The humorous tone of the video fits the song, although it is easy to read the antics of the Arab and Jew as a desire for better relations between Israelis and Arabs. Many Muslims objected to the Arab man displaying a liquor bottle, as alcohol is forbidden in Islam. The video also features their first drummer Terry Chimes, because at the time of its release Headon was out of the band, due to his growing drug addiction.

It has been reported that "Rock the Casbah" was an unofficial anthem for the American army during the first Gulf War (the line about dropping "bombs between the minarets" being particularly relevant). This has been seen as highly ironic, if not downright insulting, by many Clash fans, given the band's well established left-wing politics and anti-war stance, yet as appropriate by some, as the song is an attack on hypocritical Arab leaders who ban Western influences for their subjects, but are happy to reap the benefits of such influences for themselves. In 2006, the conservative National Review released their list of the top 50 "conservative rock songs", with "Rock the Casbah" at #20[1], noting its frequent requests during the Iraq War, but without citing anything conservative lyrically.

Despite, or perhaps because of, its popularity with soldiers during the Gulf War, "Rock the Casbah" was one of the songs deemed inappropriate by Clear Channel Communications following the September 11, 2001 attacks.

:tank::worry:

Now the king told the boogie men

You have to let that raga drop

The oil down the desert way

Has been shakin to the top

The sheik he drove his cadillac

He went a cruisnin down the ville

The muezzin was a standing

On the radiator grille

Chorus

The shareef dont like it

Rockin the casbah

Rock the casbah

The shareef dont like it

Rockin the casbah

Rock the casbah

By order of the prophet

We ban that boogie sound

Degenerate the faithful

With that crazy casbah sound

But the bedouin they brought out

The electric camel drum

The local guitar picker

Got his guitar picking thumb

As soon as the shareef

Had cleared the square

They began to wail

Chorus

Now over at the temple

Oh! they really pack em in

The in crowd say its cool

To dig this chanting thing

But as the wind changed direction

The temple band took five

The crowd caught a wiff

Of that crazy casbah jive

Chorus

The king called up his jet fighters

He said you better earn your pay

Drop your bombs between the minarets

Down the casbah way

As soon as the shareef was

Chauffeured outta there

The jet pilots tuned to

The cockpit radio blare

As soon as the shareef was

Outta their hair

The jet pilots wailed

Chorus

He thinks its not kosher

Fundamentally he cant take it.

You know he really hates it.

Standing on the beach

With a gun in my hand

Staring at the sky

Staring at the sand

Staring down the barrel

At the arab on the ground

See his open mouth

But I hear no sound

I'm alive

I'm dead

I'm a stranger

Killing an arab

I can turn

And walk away

Or I can fire the gun

Staring at the sky

Staring at the sun

Whichever I choose

It amounts to the same

Absolutely nothing

I'm alive

I'm dead

I'm a stranger

Killing an arab

I feel the silver jump

Smooth in my hand

Staring at the sea

Staring at the sand

Staring at myself

Reflected in the eyes

Of the dead man on the beach

The dead man on the beach

I'm alive

I'm dead

I'm the stranger

Killing an arab

Little orphans in the snow

With nowhere to call a home

Start their singing

Waiting through the summertime

To thaw your hearts in wintertime

That's why they're singing...

Waiting for a sign to turn blood into wine

The sweet taste in your mouth--turned bitter in its glass

Israel...in Israel

Israel...in Israel

Shattered fragments of the past

Meet in veins on the stained glass

Like the lifeline in your palm

Red and green reflects the scene

Of a long forgotten dream

There were princes and there were kings

Now hidden in disguise--cheap wrappings of lies

Keep your heart alive with a song from inside

Even though we're all alone

We are never on our own when we're singing

There's a man who's looking in

And he smiles a toothless grin

Because he's singing...

See some people shine with glee

But their song is jealousy

Their hate is clanging--maddening

In Israel...will they sing Happy Noel

Israel...in Israel

Israel...in Israel

In Israel will they sing Happy Noel

• 3 weeks later...

I am against peace, so Iran away from diplomatic discussions and compromises. Then I got conned by some street hustler and I pointed to the guy and yelled to the police, "Egypt me!" But I stopped making a commotion when I noticed Raincry with the letter "I" body painted over her boobs. I told her, "You have a hot 'I-rack."