Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hartford's First Upscale YACHT Party - August 13th, 2006

djkashif

LOL! Whats entertaining is that you had to create a NEW user name to post specifically to this topic.. Yet, according to you, you are so into this scene.. Seriously, jokes aside... if you want ? I can put you on my VIP Guest list. PM me your real name. I will take care of it for this Sunday. Cheers.

Isn't that the Lady Katherine? Maybe not, the name is not on the project aqua boat..Just checking...Just want to make sure I spent money for 3 tickets to be on a yacht and not a sunday brunch riverboat... I've been on the Lady Katherine and it's not what I envision a 3 million dollar yacht to be.. Crossing my fingers..

Step Aboard Lady Katharine Cruises

Yea Jimmy,

There will be pics up on YourHartford.com soon and as we filter through the videography we'll try to put that up along with a live mix off the CT river from the DJ's. Great job Kashif, from Matt, Si-Dog, J. Michaels the other DJ's and myself, we all really impressed with the event! Thanks for including us on it.

1) I basically paid $75.00 for a river boat ride. X3.

2) It was advertised that the $75.00 included the alcohol. Instead, the drinks were $10.00!!!!!! And small

3) I spent most of my time in line trying to buy a drink because of two older bartenders who refused to hustle a little.

4) The VIP sections were basically open and anyone could walk through.. I'm glad I didn't buy a VIP ticket.

5) The $3 mil. yacht was the lady Katherine riverboat. My guests, 2 prospective clients were laughing at me saying I got ripped for $75.00 a tik. You can do brunch cruises with food included for much cheaper from the Lady Katherine. Plus, I told them $3 mil. yacht...and its a dirty riverboat. They didn't see the advertisements on YourHartford.com, I did and believed it.. unfortunately.

6) I heard people were snickering in the background about the fashion show, one person said it was a "High School talen show." I don't know, I was too busy in line trying to buy a drink.

7) The band too..? whats up with that? You couldn't dance or anything..

8) Upscale, Ultra posh, High end, Whatever... MY ADVICE TO "LADY KATHERINE RIVERBOAT TOURS" -------STICK WITH SUNDAY BRUNCH.

9) Waist of money and time.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't help but say a very pissy reply to what was an effort by someone in this area to create something original. It's always easy to sit on a pedestal and "critique the efforts of others". Mais, sans credentials, I can only assume the obvious.. Pissy queen. You and yourfriends can "snicker" all you want. I and many people had a good time. When is YOUR event to promote Hartford? I am sure all of hartford is anxiously awaiting your reply

(with baited breathe to boot!)

P.S

Kashif rules!!!!!.at leats he tries.. any contenders? (Nix Room (stoned) 960.. the playroom has only so much space after all..)

sorry Chris you made your money. next!

“very pissy,” “snicker,” What are you talking about? And who is Chris? I didn’t mean to upset you but I feel that for the amount of money I spent, I got ripped off. There are no other venues to express an opinion about CT nightlife. I think that Lady Katherine Riverboat Tours mislead me about what to expect while attempting to justify a crazy admission price. The music was mediocre and I met someone earlier today who told me that they were confused and a little upset because they paid for the VIP section and was never given a bottle of vodka.. which was promised. Once again, I apologize for upsetting you, but I don’t know where else to vent… There’s no section for posting on Lady Katherine Riverboat Tours.

Somethings were changed at the last min. Not by us but by the cruise folks.

DJHatchetFish, PM me your mailing address and I will look you up and mail you your refund if you were so unhappy. Also, send me the name and address of the person who was complaining about the VIP. All the VIP guests were registered with us and we have kept their information on file. Sending a refund is not a problem. Just so you know pulling something of that scale is not easy on boat that held about 240 people.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

P.S The party was extremely successful and we have booked the YACHT PARTIES for every month in the summer NEXT YEAR! we are also extremely impressed that this post has received close to 800 VIEWS!! WOW!

So... Dont need your refund? LOL! Thats what I thought.

These kind of childish acts you are pulling dont progress the scene.

How about one more try: PM me your name and the other person who paid VIP. Since all the tickets were sold online we have the information on the attendees. The quicker you respond the quicker you get your money back. :)

So no need to vent when I am offering you and you friend who bought VIP tickets a Refund.

"Childish acts? Dont need my refund?" Wow.......... I just got home from work and was pleased to read your first msg, then the one you posted right after... Keep my money and use it to pay for counseling. You definitely need help.... Thanks anyway. Obnoxious.

DJKASHIF:

So... Dont need your refund? LOL! Thats what I thought.

These kind of childish acts you are pulling dont progress the scene.

How about one more try: PM me your name and the other person who paid VIP. Since all the tickets were sold online we have the information on the attendees. The quicker you respond the quicker you get your money back. :)

So no need to vent when I am offering you and you friend who bought VIP tickets a Refund.

It took you two days to respond when you kept crying and complaining about it... Did you 'just' finish with your shrink and he/she told you what to say?? We know who you are. Save the embarassment. :) LOL!

Talk to the moderators. Your identity has been disclosed. :)

I work for a major insurer in Hartford and have been attending HYPE functions... Forgive me for not knowing what's going on but, who the hell is Khashif? I'm not trying to make Khashif or whoever, look back(sic) (assuming you mean bad). I'm upset with Lady Katherine Tours for being deceptive and lying about the event. $3 Million dollar yacht?? C'mon! Ultra posh? C'mon.... It was the Lady Katherine riverboat with 3 coats of chipping paint, rust and dirty floors and lack luster bar areas.. The whole thing was a scam... and in my opinion Lady Katherine made a lot of money it shouldn't have... Lost a lot of faith in HYPE too.. My colleagues who attended with me are upset also... We had to impress our clients and trusted HYPE... I'm not trying to insult you guys on this board, why you're taking it so personally," I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!" is beyond me, it's even a little creepy.. I'm not trying to upset anyone or start a blogging war, I was just a little upset about the whole thing.. SO... I apologize for expressing myself... Upsetting Khashif or you was not my intent.

Hatchetfish, (interesting name by-the-way ;-))

Let me clear the air by first saying we understand the event didn't live up to it's "HYPE" from your experience. We too were dissappointed that everything didn't go as planned(although always expected), but over all (and the pictures will soon be up to display) alot of smiles and great memories were had by the majority. As you would know, trying to host a Yacht party would take alot of coordination in multiple directions. Let me be the first to say certain aspects(that you mentioned) did come up last minute that disrupted what was expected and advertised. Though considering this was a unique event, we learned from it, but can't wait to do it again and make it better; Because over-all it was a success in our book. Also, know that your comments will be taken into consideration for planning the next Yacht Party, and we do appreciate you and your party attending the last.

All in all, the next event to be hosted by YourHartford.com will certainly live up to it's "HYPE" and go above and beyond everyones expectations. Consider that my personal guarantee.

P.S. Boys and girls... Try to keep names and personals outta the streets. As much as I like seeing everyone duking it out middle-school-style, it would also be nice if we can all make good points in a neutral and/or somewhat positive direction. Sorry for being such a daddy, but for God's sake this is Clubplanet.com, not Iraq.

Love, Dad

an event not coming as advertised would irk me so I empathize. Thats being said, I've been to many events in Hartford that were advertised correctly and ended up being lame with no attendance. There were what, 250 people on this boat? Knowing yourhartford, it was a good looking, "up for it" crowd that in general had a lot of fun. Anything new and successful only furthers the scene in general......and if it was so bad, Mr. Hatchetfish...take that refund. I was only suspicious you were "working for someone" because i used to be on the club scene in new york where promoters practically shoot each other!

You guys need to kiss and make up already !!!

Really though -i ts funny how everyone is so into the "upscale" thing lately.

5 years ago all hartford had was smelly factories with spraypaint on the walls and a dj booth and people loved it. I prob wouldve been a little disapointed if I was expecting a yacht and boarded a dinner cruise but hey whats better than listening to nice beats cruisin down the ct river. I'm sure the event was fine. Maybe shouldnt have been hyped as so upscale then people wouldnt have been disapointed. Next time let em know it is what it is.