Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakey reviews??

oakey reviews??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i didnt want to go out on a weds. even for oakey...

any tracklisting? he was awesome at crobar in nov w/ coldplay speed of sound, queen we will rock you, greece 3000, guetta world is mine dd mix, and seb fontaine played a killer hard house closing set...

whats the BED capacity? was it a well organized event by made/BED?

did oakey spin like 1230-3-ish?

what tracks besides faster pussycat kill?

how much did they hit you at teh door for? $45? $50??

did you hear liquid todd before oakey? any decent tracks? I like todd's ktu show on fridays but live he holds back ahead of oakey + he doesnt construct a set as artfully as a top shelf dj imo . nice guy tho

oakey still spins? he was horrible when i heard him like 4 yrs ago... thank God i was comped or i'd been pissed to waste $40 on that jackass!

I'm not particularly into that style of music, and from what I hear his sets in the states aren't so good...

But I've seen that guy a couple of times at Amnesia, and Pacha in Ibiza and he's thrown down some ill sets.

Either that or it's just the fact that I was twisted.

I think his transition to more "poppy" material has been understandable, but unfortunate. When I heard him in '03 he was unbelievable, but lately I've been reading a lot of so-so reviews. Too bad really. In his prime he was quite amazing, and really the man knows how to control a crowd unlike anybody I've ever seen.

I didn't see him in NY at BED, but saw him about 3 days earlier at Giant Village, and he did a guest mix on a radio a few days later...

He's gotten so lazy with his sets that he just has pre-recorded mixes now...hahaha...

I don't care for his mixing, never have. I care for his tracks, which still rate pretty damn good.

On that note, I'll list a few tracks on oaky's playlist lately...

David Guetta - In Love With Myself (Benassi remix) --> i love this track.

Oakenfold - Not Over

Oakenfold - Faster Kill Pussycat (liam shachim rmx)

oakenfold - save the last trance

Leya - On All My Sundays (liam shachim rmx)

I'm positive he must've dropped those tracks at BED.

Max Graham - Crank was also on his playlist from Sat at Giant Village.