Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jet vs ICE?

jgould36

Hi,

I'm headed to Vegas wtih some buddies for Labor Day weekend. I'm a fan of house music and looking for some good nights out. I've noticed Digweed is at ICE that Friday and Deep Dish (or at least one of the guys) is at Jet on Sunday. I figure quality of music will be good at both places (although I'd probably lean towards Digweed). But which club is better? What are the differences, and music aside, which one has a better vibe or just simply would be more fun?

Also, with 4 guys, I figure table reservations are necessary. Should I have any problems at either of these places taking care of that?

Thanks.

If you like both Digweed and Dubfire (half of Deep Dish), then do both clubs and decide for yourself which is better. After all, the headliners are on different nights. :)

Musically, one of the biggest differences is that Ice is primarily a house/electronic club, while Jet normally caters to the mainstream hip-hip/mash sound.

The list of differences between the places is very long, especially if you count personal opinions into the mix. Check out a few of the longer (more-replied-to) threads on this board that feature "review" in the subject title and you'll be able to see what a lot of people say about both spots.

But nothing beats checking them out for yourselves. If you enjoy electronic, then you'll have a blast at both spots over LDW.

If your friends aren't really into the club scene then I'd recommend you go on your own to Ice for Digweed, then take the crew to Jet on Sunday for Dubfire. Unless your friends don't like (A) beautiful women and (B) music, they'll have a great time at Jet.

But you as a house fan should not miss Digweed at Ice. Nothing wrong with splitting off from the group for a chance like that.

Ice's sound is excellent, but I really can't say it's appreciably better than Jet's. The people in charge of the sound system at Jet are on top of things, and it shows. The sound there is top notch. Both venues have some of the best equipment in the business, with Funktion One at Ice and EAW Avalon at Jet. I don't think EAW Avalon quite gets the respect it deserves in the minds of a lot of the clubbing public.

Thanks for input. One other question...

Table reservations or not? I might be willing to throw down on bottle service as I'd prefer to not be stuffed in with the crowd. I get the sense that ICE might not be as packed as it's not in a hotel and doesn't cater to the typical clubgoes (although I could be wrong), in which case regular entry might suffice (although it is Digweed AND Labor Day). On the other hand, Jet will most surely be packed with Dubfire, in which case, a reservation would be the way to go.

I'm from NY, so I'm accustomed to the table reservation "system" although I hear in Vegas, especially on holiday weekends, there's extra table charges, etc, which can make it a lot more expensive than clubs in NY.

Thoughts? Thanks again.

My opinion is that you'll have only a minor wait for Digweed on Friday. Buy your ticket in advance and get there before 11, no worries.

Over at Jet tables will be in high demand. On normal nights tables in the main room have a 3 bottle minimum and the side rooms 2 bottles. Having Dubfire will certainly kick up the requirements a bit for the main room, but can't say if the same will happen in the others.

A side room might be best for you anyway, as your buddies may be happier in the rock/mash room. I've done tables in there on a number of occasions with non-clubgoer friends and it's really a kickass time.

My advice, unless you're willing to get in line SUPER early, get in touch with a host and get a table or at the very least have them get you past the line. More money, yes. But no worries, no hassles, no problems, no frustration.