Clubplanet Nightlife Community

advice on hottest house/techno clubs in Vegas

cq29

What's up everyone? I will be in town this upcoming weekend, Thursday 8/17/06-Monday, 8/21/06. I was last there 3 years ago so I am out of the loop. I am looking for any advice you can offer on house/techno clubs only as I am not interested in Hip Hop at all. I am coming from NY so I am used to hearing good, hard, house and I know west coast can be a bit more mellow but I will take what I can get. Again, any good advice is appreciated.

THanks

Late night Empire and Ice will be your best bets, assuming you like the DJs they have lined up that night. If you like hard progressive sets, you'll dig Faarsheed when he's at Empire.

Jet has a solid house room and the roof deck at Pure is great environment (although the sound system is a bit weak up there). Foundation Room (Mandalay) on Monday night has a great house room as well. Voodoo (Rio) on Thursdays has one of the best local house DJs (Joey Mazzola) around.

Aside from Empire for after hours you've also got Drai's and Seamless as options.

For early evening warm-up be sure to head over to Mix (THEhotel/Mandalay) at least once. No cover before 10pm, good early-evening house and an amazing view.

Late night Empire and Ice will be your best bets, assuming you like the DJs they have lined up that night. If you like hard progressive sets, you'll dig Faarsheed when he's at Empire.

Jet has a solid house room and the roof deck at Pure is great environment (although the sound system is a bit weak up there). Foundation Room (Mandalay) on Monday night has a great house room as well. Voodoo (Rio) on Thursdays has one of the best local house DJs (Joey Mazzola) around.

Aside from Empire for after hours you've also got Drai's and Seamless as options.

For early evening warm-up be sure to head over to Mix (THEhotel/Mandalay) at least once. No cover before 10pm, good early-evening house and an amazing view.

thanks for the advice. I am staying at the Rio so it looks like I won't have to go far on Thursday. It looks like ICE on Friday for the 3 year anniversary party. I was at this place when it opened exactly 3 years ago and it sucked, but it was it's first week and had HIp Hop so we left within 2 hours. Looks like it has improved a lot. I am aware of Drai's and the long lines it has. How about best pool party/atmosphere's? I recall Hard Rock SUnday was great last time. is it still or anywhere else?

Rehab pool party (Sundays at Hard Rock) is going huge this year, they're booking big-name DJs most every week. Not a massive weekend so the crowd shouldn't be too bad.

Other pool parties of note are Relax (Mondays at HR) and Ditch (Fridays at Palms). Haven't been to Relax since June and Ditch since late July, but both featured local house DJs.

Also note that lines/crowds at Drai's aren't nearly what they used to be, at least not on Fridays and Saturdays. Empire has taken away a ton of their business, but it's also a result of more late night options, whether it's other after-hours spots (Seamless, 40 Deuce) or simply more big clubs that are starting to stay open closer to ( sometimes past) 6am.

Greenie, you are the man. Thanks for all the great advice, this should set me up for a great weekend. Are you in Vegas or Colorado as your handle indicates. If in Vegas, I would like to ask one other thing on a more private email. Anyway to IM or display addresses without everyone seeing?