Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sander K (8/18) 18+ | Tedd Patterson (8/19 evening) + Calderone (8/19 late) @ crobar

Friday, August 18, 2006

Main Room: Sander Kleinenberg & Serg

Reed Room: Flawless Sound of crobar w/ DeepSpell; Tommy Virtue

The return of A/V w/ Sander Kleinenberg! A special 18+ event!

Sanger Kleinenberg is feeling better and he returns to give you an unforgettable evening! Born and raised in Holland, Sander Kleinenberg is known for juicy electronic jams, infectious bass and funky vocals. His many career highlights include winning the Ortofon Best European DJ Award at the 2006 International Dance Music Awards and Dancestar’s “Best Remix†for Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body." As a DJ, Sander works rooms the world over with vibrations arousing body and soul. In 2004, Sander became the first DJ to road test the DVJ-X1, a state-of-the-art audio-visual mixing device. Sander develops special visuals specifically for his tracks and live mixes these to further enhance the experience on the dance floor.

Opening up the evening is DJ Serg. Serg will be playing your favorite mixes from rock n’ roll, R&B, house and all the classics.

Also tonight, crobar goes one step further to support the newest rising stars of the dance music world - check out the local DJ artist showcase: the Flawless Sound of crobar in the Reed Room from 10pm to 1am. This week’s featured artist is DeepSpell.

Don’t miss Tommy Virtue mixing it up with rock n’ roll, hip-hop, and house after the DJ showcase in the Reed Room.

18+ to enter, 21+ to drink

$20 advance / $30 door

Click here to purchase advance tickets.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Main Room: Tedd Patterson

Reed Room: Utopia Parkway w/ DJ Johnny Dynell

crobar presents Tedd Patterson!

As a DJ, producer and remixer, Tedd Patterson has established himself as a leading talent on the international dance music scene. He has become renowned for a signature sound that incorporates an intoxicating blend of contemporary and classic dance music styles. Thousands of fans worldwide have been seduced by his wickedly innovative sets that combine driving percussive beats and deep techno textures with throbbing progressive house, soaring Afro-Latin grooves and the occasional classic reflecting a diverse array of influences.

Tonight in the Reed Room, Chi Chi Valenti and Johnny Dynell celebrate their weekly themed party, Utopia Parkway.

$20 advance / $30 door

Saturday, August 19, 2006 (5 AM – Close)

Main Room: Victor Calderone

Victor Calderone presents his ever-growing party EVOLVE!

Victor Calderone works the main room with his tribal progressive beats and hot remixes. The multi-talented master of musical manipulation has worked with a diverse assortment of some of the worlds top recording artists such as: Madonna, Sting, Destiny’s Child, Sheryl Crow, Mandalay, Garbage, and Goldfrapp, in addition to producing several original productions. Recently Victor’s sound has led him into the studio for collaborations with some of the most respected producer/DJs out there, such as DJ Vibe, Chus & Ceballos and D-Formation to name a few. Victor has held residencies in top clubs in the U.S. as well as inspiring, and entertaining audiences in Australia, Canada, England, France, Greece, Ibiza, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Spain, & Portugal.

$20 advance (access to the club AFTER 4am) / $30 door

It is with deep regret that we have to inform you that Sander Kleinenberg will not be performing in New York @ Crobar tonight. Taking place of Sander tonight will be John Creamer and Stephane K.

Sander Kleinenberg is sick and has been advised not to travel by his doctor so unfortunately we have to cancel his tour.

We will re-schedule the date as soon as possible. Watch your local listings or check crobar.com & Sander Kleinenberg for his next date.

Once again, we apologize sincerely to all of you who were looking forward to seeing Sander and hope you understand.

Sincerely,

crobar and Chatoica

081806.C+K.jpg

What a disaster, for my birthday too... Music wise.

Met some hot asian women though, so that's always a good thing!!!

They played a few tracks in the main room that I recognized but no sander...i'm disappointed. And its not like any decent talent will be in NY anytime soon...

Just will have to wait until mid september or so...

PS I'm a doctor, that Sander not flying shit is pure BS...

He might be ill but that has nothing to do with flying, lol.

I've noticed Sander flaking on gigs from time to time due to "illness", which I can understand, but spare me the advise of a doc for not flying crap, lol.