Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It is very disturbing what is happening on Washington Ave

Washington is going through a process of transformation. Clubbing as we know it will be exclusively held accross the bay, downtown.

The city of Miami Beach wants all party-goers out...no drunk-drivers, no stabbings and most importantly...reggaeton :biggrin:

Great so I guess that means all the violent crime will be heading downtown. I may have to stick with lauderdale.

Great so I guess that means all the violent crime will be heading downtown. I may have to stick with lauderdale.

Nope...actually, downtown is going to be a yuppie community...I suggest you take a drive and look at the monstruousity that's being built there, you obviously don't know much about miami

Nope...actually, downtown is going to be a yuppie community...I suggest you take a drive and look at the monstruousity that's being built there, you obviously don't know much about miami

Naah I know all about paying 20 bucks just to park thier. As for a yuppy community last time I went to space like 3 months ago there were still homeless all over the place.

You missed all the condo buildings going up downtown?

As far as Washington, you missed Suite, Snatch, and Amika. Crobar will be re-opening soon. And a lot of the smaller places like Automatic Slims are still there. There are some others south of 11th, I guess, but I don't know that I'd go to any of them.

Washington is going through a process of transformation. Clubbing as we know it will be exclusively held accross the bay, downtown.

The city of Miami Beach wants all party-goers out...no drunk-drivers, no stabbings and most importantly...reggaeton :biggrin:

Fuck that shit... I'll still continue going to the small lounges on SoBe. Fuck downtown. :D

Depends on where you go. But who's to blame? Why did the clubs start going for the really ghetto crowd a couple years ago?

I guess clubs figure that by appealing to the ghetto bling bling crowd they'll get the bottle buying crowd. Unfortunately you also bring in an unsavory element and the people that actually live in South Beach (like myself) stop frequenting the local clubs on Washington.

The beach has gone ghetto recently, yes, but it really isn't like a warzone like some of you guys are making it out to be.

The simple fact of the matter is that like with anything, you have to play it smart. Don't walk around in a drunken stupor and act all "touristy" and aggressive. These punks are criminals of opportunity, and will not take the time of day to harass someone who knows how to handle themselves in any given situation.

Am I suggesting a proactive approach? Not really, if you don't know how to do that properly, it creates more problems than it solves. Just be smart, and don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

There's still a few dance-oriented parties fighting for attention on the beach. Grant it, it may not be cutting-edge, and if it is, it's relegated to places with AM-radio sound systems and non-existent lighting rigs, but there still is dance music on the beach. If you want the full monty, you gotta go downtown, and again, conduct yourself accordingly and you won't be bothered. Don't go total aggro-racist on the bums, just move like you have a purpose in life other than bitching and moaning on a messageboard (in other words, stop being a pansy), and go to your destination. Problem solved.

It happens in any urban community. I've gone to venues all over, and the best ones always are in the shadiest neighborhoods. Establish yourself (or yourselves) on the pavement, get to the door, pay your cover (or bullshit the doorman if you think you're important) and go in.

End of story.

The beach has gone ghetto recently, yes, but it really isn't like a warzone like some of you guys are making it out to be.

The simple fact of the matter is that like with anything, you have to play it smart. Don't walk around in a drunken stupor and act all "touristy" and aggressive. These punks are criminals of opportunity, and will not take the time of day to harass someone who knows how to handle themselves in any given situation.

Am I suggesting a proactive approach? Not really, if you don't know how to do that properly, it creates more problems than it solves. Just be smart, and don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

There's still a few dance-oriented parties fighting for attention on the beach. Grant it, it may not be cutting-edge, and if it is, it's relegated to places with AM-radio sound systems and non-existent lighting rigs, but there still is dance music on the beach. If you want the full monty, you gotta go downtown, and again, conduct yourself accordingly and you won't be bothered. Don't go total aggro-racist on the bums, just move like you have a purpose in life other than bitching and moaning on a messageboard (in other words, stop being a pansy), and go to your destination. Problem solved.

It happens in any urban community. I've gone to venues all over, and the best ones always are in the shadiest neighborhoods. Establish yourself (or yourselves) on the pavement, get to the door, pay your cover (or bullshit the doorman if you think you're important) and go in.

End of story.

props to POD......very well said hommie!....and by the way, whats up with all these damn sidekick popups you a)cant close most of the time B) are not blocked by my pop up blocker....