Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rooster and Peralta @ Pacha

ive been wantin to see R&P for a while expectin to hear some twisted tribal shit that would blow ur mind...supposed to see them mem day and didnt go so i was really lookin forward to a good night...well what i got for my $25 dollar reduced admission was FUCKIN GARBAGE...i should have asked for a refund...u kno ur atru clubber when u go out in the pourin rain...first off the place was real empty, the system was way to loud for the amount of ppl in there it felt like my brain was shakin inside my skull...im a lil disappointed at pacha cuz they closed off the upstairs for a special NYU party which was real real beat the smokin section was at the exit by the stairs to the basement...R&p's song selection was not top notch and their mixin was fuckin horrible they were all over the place altho they dropped a couple bombs overall it was very very disappointin...id prob give it half a star outta five if that...sorry R&P i hopoe next time u guys spin ur not all fucked up or somethin and u rock the house...monty good seein u over there kidd

pce

-chris-

dam sorry to hear you had a bad time.. you shouldda rolled with me =] i was with my homegurl kelly we walked right in skipped the line of asians outside lol eh hmm but yeah i thought their set was mediocre at best i dont know.

and what the hell was that opening dj thinking when he dropped Letha indsutry with that Love generation Acappella..wowwwwwwww i was like Mike.. are you serious haha its aigh i went out there for a bit fora friends birthday.. who didnt even show up focker! .

dam sorry to hear you had a bad time.. you shouldda rolled with me =] i was with my homegurl kelly we walked right in skipped the line of asians outside lol eh hmm but yeah i thought their set was mediocre at best i dont know.

and what the hell was that opening dj thinking when he dropped Letha indsutry with that Love generation Acappella..wowwwwwwww i was like Mike.. are you serious haha its aigh i went out there for a bit fora friends birthday.. who didnt even show up focker! .

ikeep hearing mix reviewsofthe night dont know who was opening or closing but i know rooster andperelata came on around 1amish. I hope ya decide to make it out tonight to pacha in the basement stimulus response.

They are good producers, and just Horrible DJS!!!!!!!!!! Every track they play sounds exactly the same, and they use the god damn same guy vocal in every track as well. When they were on at surf, I wish I had a gong show hook, to pull there farty electro asses off the stage!!!!!!

there productions are off the hook...there dj'in is not worht the price of admission...arg shoulda def rolled wit u kidd hahaha...they kept droppin this 'rooster and peralta in the mixx' acca after they pressed '>' on cd player...i would however give them one more shot and go see them one more time jus cause they r rooster and peralta and everyones entitled to one off day...

pce pce

-chris-

there productions are off the hook...there dj'in is not worht the price of admission...arg shoulda def rolled wit u kidd hahaha...they kept droppin this 'rooster and peralta in the mixx' acca after they pressed '>' on cd player...i would however give them one more shot and go see them one more time jus cause they r rooster and peralta and everyones entitled to one off day...

pce pce

-chris-

chris, stop tryin to be like me

for those of you who want a REAL review on rooster & peralta here is it.....

first off the place was not empty, it wasnt full but there was a good amount of people there. got there at 1:30 and rooster and sammy were already on.

i know rooster & peralta are all about that tribalish funky electro with hip hop vocals (as i call it) but when they spin they need to switch up there sound. ALOT of the tracks sound way too much the same. At 5 oclock they started to get good, they should have started playin that style they switched to alot earlier then 5.

THE BEGINNING ON THE NIGHT: there mixing was not the best...alot of the mixes were too short and choppy....heard a couple trainwrecks.....couple acapellas that were not beat-matched. and when they touched that efx1000....it either sounded magical or it hurt my ears. The tracks they were playing got old fast, considering alot of them were old to begin with...... they played....

tribal apache

gehts noch

is killing me (nick & danny chatelain)

la la land (some shitty remix) - green velvet

shake it - this i can understand but they should have played alot more of their newer productions.

THERE IS NO NEED TO DROP YOUR NAME EVERY 20 MINUTES INSIDE A CLUB....FELT LIKE I WAS LISTENING TO THE RADIO.... SHIT GOT REALLY ANNOYING......DJ ROOSTER & SAMMY PERALTA IN THE MIX...........PLEASE DROP YOUR NAME MINIMUM ONCE EVERY 2 HOURS IF YOU ARE GOING TO DROP IT AT ALL.........

LATER IN THE NIGHT: once 5 am hit, they def picked it up and redeemed themselves, completely switched styles and started playin some afterhours beats. there mixing got better but still was a lil too short......they really started working the efx1000 too.......heres the kind of beats they started playing:

ralph falcon - i want you (kobbe & leeds)

discoqueen (new kobbe & leeds)

audiojack - robot

the egg - walking away

want 2 need 2 (switch dub)

diskoteca (dj dove mix)

theres some more i cant remember cuz i was plastered

;)

the beginning of the night was terrible, i just wished rooster & sammy played like they did at the end of the night alot earlier....but ill def give them another shot.......they REALLY were hammering it once 5 oclock hit.....but not till the club started to empty out..... all in all ill give the night a 2.5...had potential to be better

S&P suck as dj and the shit they produce is heartless electro crap... its all about the vtone baby..sick set he threw down.

yeapp.....very proud of our nigar VTone...i was walkin around with a smile...big things big things...

bassmint sessionsss.......

First of all, lets seperate reality from fiction. Its obvious by some of the comments in here that Rooster and Peralta really scared some people that evening. And its quite obvious that those same scared people got a few of thier friends to trash Rooster and Peralta in here!

First off, R&P did not come on until 2am or so. And the DJ playing before them was putting everyone to sleep. Not to mention that his DJ skills were horrible! And the last 2 mixes that he did prior to R&P coming on, were so horrendously off beat, that the sound of a trainwreck would have sounded better. Pacha was no where near empty. In fact, a few of the patrons who were promoters of major clubs out in New Jersey, Florida and Vegas tried to book R&P on the spot just after catching 1 hour of thier set! Pacha was at 80% capacity that evening. And even though there was a private party upstairs for NYU, all in all it was a great night of music. And R&P are directly responsible for this.

R&P's set consisted of wall to wall track after track electro tribal hits. And as the evening progressed, they switched it to minimal tribal and that went off just as well as the electro. And the fact that they dropped thier name a few times is of no consequence since most of the tracks that were heard that night, were from thier own library of original hits known worldwide.So if they want to drop thier name af few times, so what! Does it bother you that much? These Hits have been licensed in compilations worldwide by giants such as Robbie Rivera, Steve Angelo, Ministry of sound, Oscar G, Star69, Ultra etc.. These people know what thier doing, and if they were'nt totally satisfied or sure of what R&P bring to the table, who is? Certainly Not the vast collection of smart level minded individuals in here that obviously cannot seperate fact from fiction and simply do not have the balls to upset thier friends so as to not loose thier club vip status..

If you are going to offer up an opinion, which you are entitled to, make it a fair and honest one. After all, the only person you have to sleep with for the rest of your life is yourself. So wouldn't it serve you to be as honest and fair as you possibly can be?

So here's my opinion: "...Rooster and Peralta rocked the shit out of Pacha as they do everywhere they play. They bring something to the booth that no other single dj can, a performance. And an evident love of what they do. They interact with the audience/listener and thier choice of selection is right on the money. I've been a club goer for 10 years now and I've seen dj's come and go. R&P have been here and are here to stay. Time will tell? No, time has spoken and they are the real deal. Catch them if you can and make your own decision..."

Mike Terranova

Rolling Stone Magazine

***** (Five Stars)

First of all, lets seperate reality from fiction. Its obvious by some of the comments in here that Rooster and Peralta really scared some people that evening. And its quite obvious that those same scared people got a few of thier friends to trash Rooster and Peralta in here!

First off, R&P did not come on until 2am or so. And the DJ playing before them was putting everyone to sleep. Not to mention that his DJ skills were horrible! And the last 2 mixes that he did prior to R&P coming on, were so horrendously off beat, that the sound of a trainwreck would have sounded better. Pacha was no where near empty. In fact, a few of the patrons who were promoters of major clubs out in New Jersey, Florida and Vegas tried to book R&P on the spot just after catching 1 hour of thier set! Pacha was at 80% capacity that evening. And even though there was a private party upstairs for NYU, all in all it was a great night of music. And R&P are directly responsible for this.

R&P's set consisted of wall to wall track after track electro tribal hits. And as the evening progressed, they switched it to minimal tribal and that went off just as well as the electro. And the fact that they dropped thier name a few times is of no consequence since most of the tracks that were heard that night, were from thier own library of original hits known worldwide.So if they want to drop thier name af few times, so what! Does it bother you that much? These Hits have been licensed in compilations worldwide by giants such as Robbie Rivera, Steve Angelo, Ministry of sound, Oscar G, Star69, Ultra etc.. These people know what thier doing, and if they were'nt totally satisfied or sure of what R&P bring to the table, who is? Certainly Not the vast collection of smart level minded individuals in here that obviously cannot seperate fact from fiction and simply do not have the balls to upset thier friends so as to not loose thier club vip status..

If you are going to offer up an opinion, which you are entitled to, make it a fair and honest one. After all, the only person you have to sleep with for the rest of your life is yourself. So wouldn't it serve you to be as honest and fair as you possibly can be?

So here's my opinion: "...Rooster and Peralta rocked the shit out of Pacha as they do everywhere they play. They bring something to the booth that no other single dj can, a performance. And an evident love of what they do. They interact with the audience/listener and thier choice of selection is right on the money. I've been a club goer for 10 years now and I've seen dj's come and go. R&P have been here and are here to stay. Time will tell? No, time has spoken and they are the real deal. Catch them if you can and make your own decision..."

Mike Terranova

Rolling Stone Magazine

***** (Five Stars)

Wow!!!! Well this guy Mike Terranova has no idea what he is talkin about if he gives R&P 5 stars. In fact, if anyone from Rollin Stone reads this, please fire him ASAP!!!!! He has absolutley no idea........I have def heard a lot more people say they dont like how they play, then the ones who do. Rolling stone please, please!!!! get yourself a new house music writer. He has no idea!! R&P produce some really nice tracks, I have tons of respect for them in that aspect. DJ wise, they are not my thing, and I have yet to find many people who knows anything about house music, disagree with me.

First off, R&P did not come on until 2am or so. And the DJ playing before them was putting everyone to sleep. Not to mention that his DJ skills were horrible! And the last 2 mixes that he did prior to R&P coming on, were so horrendously off beat, that the sound of a trainwreck would have sounded better. Pacha was no where near empty. In fact, a few of the patrons who were promoters of major clubs out in New Jersey, Florida and Vegas tried to book R&P on the spot just after catching 1 hour of thier set! Pacha was at 80% capacity that evening. And even though there was a private party

upstairs for NYU, all in all it was a great night of music. And R&P are directly responsible for this.

Mike Terranova

Rolling Stone Magazine

***** (Five Stars)

lets be serious here mr. terranova, before i start...... any relation to nick terranova from starkillers? coincidence that all this revolves around tweek'd records? and how else wud u kno promoters wanted to book them on the spot unless u were somehow involved with them? please dont grace us with your BIASED opinion

rooster & peralta didnt not play any minimal tribal whatsoever....nothing even closely resembling minimal tribal, most of the tracks they were playing in the beginning of the night were old (and sounded too similiar) and the mixing was not the best........id say my opinion was fair and honest....they didnt impress me at the beginning of the night........at the end of the night they turned it out and redeemed themselves.......mixing was avergae, not spectacular but good, and their work with the efx1000 sounded either amazing or it hurt my ears........djs have off-nights....maybe this was one for RnS

you want to jump on people for criticizing rooster & peralta but then you go and bash vtone.....thats a lil hypocritical i wud say.........the name drops get really annoying....to me its hurts the vibe...i have never heard any big name djs drop there name as much as rooster & peralta did......yes rooster * sammy have skills, but please dont hype that night up more than it was.....

why is love gen. w/ lethal funny???