Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why NOT to go to Avalon....

thehype

Why Club Avalon in New York City sucks NYC

Reasons Why NOT to go to Club Avalon

1. The parties suck, The parties suck, The parties suck.

2. When someone pays $12 for a Grey Goose and Vodka, they should get a Grey Goose Vodka not whatever promotional Vodka is leftover for the week.

3. NYC is a promoter driven club market. If you don't have promoters the club will not work. Its that simple, ever since Avalon stop paying promoters like us, the party sucks. The room is always empty and when they manage to fill the room its full of young and/or ugly people.

4. The club has become a kiddie party. No one over 21 wants to go there anymore because there are better options. The young kids that do go there are because they don't know of better parties.

5. Avalon was known as a music oriented room at some point, now they have no talent.

6. All the good DJ's that use to spin at club Avalon refuse to either because they were not paid or because of the bad reputation the club has developed in the past year.

7. As of this date, Avalon has thousands and tens of thousands of unpaid tax liens which are public records. They not only have lien by the IRS, but also by the NYS dept of Labor for Violations, as well as a check cashing place that made the brutal mistake of cashing Avalon employee checks that of course did not have funds in them.

8. Club Avalon owes us at NightclubVIP thousands of dollars. We have received numerous of bounce checks from the club and now they refuse to pay us. We have filed suits against the club in hopes that we will will be able to recoup some of our losses. (Queens Civil Court Docket Numbers 60822 and 30706)

Update 9/1 Congratulations Avalon, on actually hiring an attorney on the date of your case. (Only a moron waits till the day of his case to hire an attorney.). You have money to hire an attorney, why not just pay the bill.

9. These are all my opinons (John Nova) and I am not afflilated with Club Avalon in any way. Nova Enterprises and NightclubVIP.net are not responsible for these opinons as they are of John Nova. Avalon, you want us to remove this page, contact our attorney at 347-612-3520 and make arrangements to pay us. See you in court.

8. Club Avalon owes us at NightclubVIP thousands of dollars. We have received numerous of bounce checks from the club and now they refuse to pay us. We have filed suits against the club in hopes that we will will be able to recoup some of our losses. (Queens Civil Court Docket Numbers 60822 and 30706)

Update 9/1 Congratulations Avalon, on actually hiring an attorney on the date of your case. (Only a moron waits till the day of his case to hire an attorney.). You have money to hire an attorney, why not just pay the bill.

That's horrible. Good luck on your case. Unfortunately for the industry, club owners lean more towards thugs than actual business men. These stories are way too common.

-iliana

Update 9/13 Well, well karma is a biatch. I hear that the IRS has shut you guys down until you come up with 125k. This should be interesting; greating timing considering this is the key weekend to relaunch any party. I guess if Steve has any aspirations of opening in Las Vegas he might actually have to pay this tax bill. LOL. See you guys in court 10/5.

Little update borya....if they declare bankrupcy...have fun trying to get your $$$.

We already won our settlement vs. them. All 9 of us. I got my money, the rest havent yet.

ima dick and never got my lazy ass downtown to file my suit, I was owed 2400 that I prob have a better chance of seeing god before that ,

and abotu bankruptcy you can still get money I believe, they have to liquidate the assets and pay off people , but I am pretty sure, promoters are very low on that list

I actually still have a bounced check from them , I def would be able to collect on that since it is a crime to not pay salaries,

and pretty much no way to deny that

but glad they are padlocked, I just feel for all my friends who still worked security there, they are out a job

ha let me ask anyone of you. Who the fuck works for free nowadays??? Its the club scene most people are shady you should go into any venue knowing or atleast being aware of someone fuckin ya. If i was in the situation i would let it slide in the beginning, but no more the them owing me a couple hundred dollars. Some of yous let it get up to the thousands??? cmon now.

lol. I was mailed a check to my house, I was owed the least out of everyone because I was paid before they were shut down...

Keep running your mouth, head on back to your other forum bud.

Running my mouth bud lol. I am speaking from experience little boy. I am surprised that a club would go out of their way to pay you your measly hundred dollars for a list you probably ran. Who are you? Did you work for a promo company? Did you run one? Serious I am really surprised. If you were owed that much that they had to send you a check I am really surprised. No need to act all tough you slinky. Being serious here. Just kinda shocked that out of everyone they may or may not have owed you got cut a check. Did you do that much there?