Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where should we go? 9/29-10/02

michellieb

Any decent club is going to have lines from Thursday through Sunday nights. Don't know what you mean by "cheesy music" so hard to address that one.

Obvious answer: If you really liked Tao, go back to Tao.

Otherwise you'd probably like the other popular mega-clubs of the moment, Pure and Jet. If you liked the main room at Tao and want to check out smaller but still hugely popular clubs try Body English and Tryst.

Less popular means smaller lines, but doesn't necessarily mean less fun. Places like Studio 54, Tabu and Rain have smaller crowds out front, but are still packed inside on weekends with people having the time of their lives.

If you like electronic music, Ice is going to be insane on Saturday night with two big headliners booked, Armin van Buuren and Felix da Housecat. There's another big reason that Ice may be OTC on Saturday, but you'll have to go to find out.

Otherwise read through other posts on this board to see what everyone has to say about different places, talk to people in town and go from there.

VooDoo Lounge and Light can both be good venues. Light has been overshadowed in the past year by the new venues (Tao, Tryst, Jet, Body English, and Pure), but it still pulls a good crowd week after week. If you wanted to have a "big" night out with a good nightclub, you would be happy with Light. VooDoo Lounge is a lounge with a cool view of the city. This would be more of a "starter venue." You wouldn't want to make VooDoo the center of your night, but if you started your night at VooDoo and ended at Light, you would have a great time.

Well,

VooDoo is definitely a more "Cheezy" venue. It has that, I think I'm in Mexico feel to it...neon spray paint on the walls....just doesn't do it for me. They do have a sick view of the Strip, though, but if it isn't a real "Special Occasion" there, better clubs are out there. As locals, we try to stay away.

Speaking of "Cheezy," definitely stay away from The Beach if cheezy is what you are trying to avoid!

Light? Ahh Light...you will either love it or hate it. The cluster of people trying to get in definitely sets a mood damper at first. But once you are in, you will find that it is a very elegant venue. I would say the only negative feelings I have about Light, again the chaotic cluster of people trying to get in, and the size of the club. It is quite small inside and does tend to get quite crowded. A table reservation would definitely be the way to go there. Apart from that, the vibe there is always good and everyone seems to be having a great time. Try it....if you don't like it, you can always leave!

Feel free to message me if you need any more help.

As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." There are a number of locals who don't like VooDoo, but from a tourist perspective, it's a good spot where you can have fun. As I said in my earlier post, it would be best as a venue to begin your night, but not to end it.

It depends, are you looking for table service, or just to walk in. What kind of music does a majority of your group like. Are you looking for a place to mingle, dance or try to find someone to take back to your hotel room.

I think for a group of ladies maybe drinks at mix would be a great start then go to tao one night. Another night maybe hit carnival or voodoo then go to jet or pure.

Coming to town for a girls weekend and want to know where to go... There are 4 of us and we love martini's and music and hate lines and cheezy places... any ideas? Tao was awesome when we had table service... something like that?

Mix to start. Depends on when you last attended Tao, but I would skip it.