Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hello, I come from Belgium my name is Seb N

sebn

• 5 weeks later...
Actually after posting that cheap joke, I was wondering.

Do you guys actually have good waffles? Or is that like the french fry thing?

Waffles waffles everywhere.....and they are mmmmmMMMMM good. Oh, and btw, 'french fries' really didnt originate from france.....they actually came from Belgium....mmmmm.....me loves some Belgiun frites.....

20061022image0189zl0.jpg

This pic was taken 2 weeks ago when I was in Belgium ;)

Wow thats really cool stuff good for you. Your in NY now?

Well I do apologize for jacking this poor guy's thread, but whenever the subject of Belgium comes up, I cant help but share - it truly is my favorite country in the world.

I was living in NYC up until 5 months ago.....I'm now living in Barcelona, Spain - a little bit crazy here for me, but still, there's nothing like the european life. I've thought about moving to Belgium once the lease on my apartment here is finished, but I'm getting booked there enough, so I might not have to physically move there. We shall see.....

:jacked:

Thats alot of traveling. Is it all for DJ'ing, or is it work related and you DJ on the side? Either way, it seems like your having alot of fun with life right now.

**Edit**

I just checked your website, Very nice, keep up the good work and let us on here know next time your in NY.

PS - I forgot to mention that Belgium has a killer scene.....Fuse is in Brussels and is by far the best techno club in Europe - and possibly the world (and if you ever go to Fuse, take a look on the wall of fame - you will see my name on there as I am one of the artists that has graced the decks there). They have I Love Techno every year, and this festival called 10 Days Off, which is 10 straight days of partying in the streets of Ghent and 10 nights of techno parties spread across 2 venues in the city. That's only a small part of what goes on in the country - there are massive parties there almost every weekend - and not just in one city - but you will find mutiple parties happening on the same night on any given week. It's pretty insane....such a small country, but such big things happening ;)

Thats awesome. I wasn't aware of all this. How far is Belgium from Amsterdam? Reason I ask is I plan on heading back to amstedam, been once, in the summer and might make it a mini-euro vacation. Planned on adding Germany this year, and perhaps belgium from what your saying.

Well it depends on where you are in the country, but from Ghent, it's about a 3 hour train ride - you have to switch in Antwerp (another nice city) - and I believe like 1 1/2-2 hours by car. Belgium is very small, so it's easy to go to Holland - and even parts of Germany too. Berlin is supposed to be super cool, and very cheap - lots of stuff happening there too, although I've never been - but a lot of my NY'er friends are picking up and moving there because the music scene is pretty jumping right now. I dont think it's that close if you are taking the train from Belgium - but maybe Munich is closer? (have to look on a map)

There are 2 sites you can check out if you want to know about the party scene in Holland and Belgium - livesets.com and partyforum.be

I do a radio show on livesets - the guys who run the site are from Holland, so they know what's up - but the site itself is a huge community of people from all different countries - so you dont have to worry so much about people not speaking english on there, and it's cool to see so many different opinions on a lot of different things (sometimes it gets heated though...hehe). The other board is primarily in flemish, but if you post something in english, they respond in english and are cool about it....I go to the other board mainly to see what events are happening though ;)