Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A/C in clubs

How come clubs in NYC (or wherever else) don't have those machines that blast cold air on you. If anyone here has been to Cancun clubbing, you know what I am talking about. Like @ La Boom where at a good part in a song, they blast this cold air on you from above and below. Its really refreshing after dancin' your butt off. In New York you see some crappy smoke machine but you are still hot as hell. Why can't some clubs spend the extra bucks to install something like that. I think it would be pretty cool. BTW if there is a club like that up up let me know. I would be first in line in there!

Does anyone know what I am talkin' about?

------------------

Andiamo alla spiaggia!

Different Country. In NYC all you need is ventalation exhaust no AC. Most AC unit's in US are continually running and would cost big money to keep blasting it out. I know Exit has 200 ton of AC. I think the Tunnel doesn't even have AC, just water cooled air. My $.02.

------------------

It's all in the music

the blast of "clouds" at Twilo is the SHIT. it's so strong and cold, you can't see anything in front of you for that couple of seconds, and it's so refreshing.

in cancun, they also had people spraying us with water.. i forget where. that was nice. or at senor frog's you could go down the slide into the lagoon! smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

THat room in La Boom was so MONEY!!! I don't know of any place that has that blast of air coming from the FLOOR. The thing is, if you placed that system into a club around here, then there would be mad fights over who gets to stand over them.

<<<PEACE>>>

Going down the slide at Senor Frogs doesn't look to be very refreshing seeing as how that lagoon looks all nasty and dirty. But for some reason Cancun did have good AC no matter where you went.

Ya know, a big fan at some of these places isn't too much to ask for, is it?

<<<PEACE>>>

I haven't been to Twilo in a long time. I think the last time was before they installed that system (K???). I heard they had installed it but I haven't checked it out as of yet. Guess its Twilo on Saturday!

And I beleive g-money...I would be knockin' people over to cool off under one of those things... smile.gif

------------------

Andiamo alla spiaggia!

La Boom had that system before Twilo got it - friends of mine were in cancun awhile back and when they called, it was all they could talk about . . . had never seen it in a new york club . . . then one day awhile later i walked into twilo, and hey, whaddya know. biggrin.gif

you want a freezing cold place to go - go to cheetah . . . i feel like taking a blanket in there with me some nites - not just cause i'm drunk and need to sleep, either. tee hee. biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

Let me tell you, Twilo's liquid notrogen cryogenic blaster is so fucking cool. The effect uses so much liquid nitrogen, they can only use it 4-5 times a night! I work with a company that has been developing effects like that. Something we're working on is to have REAL, COLD snow fall from the ceiling of the club.

Anyone remember the foam room at Palladium?? We put that together.

muthaload, apparantely you haven't been to laboom bc exit does not have that blast of cold air. however exit does have good airconditioning in vip and the rooftop always feels cool. as for the mainfloor the only thing refreshing is the snow or the occasional drink that falls on you.

I DON'T REMEMBER THAT AT LA BOOM, BUT AT DADDIO'S IN CANCUN, THEY HAD SOME FUCKED UP CLOUD OF COLD SMOKE, YOU COULDN'T SEE AN INCH IN FRONT OF YOURSELF. EXIT THIS SAT. WAS REALLY FUCKED, MY FIRST TIME GOING, SO I'M NOT SURE IF THIS A NORMAL THING, BUT IT SNOWED INSIDE, ON THE FIRST FLOOR. THAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN A CLUB.

BOLTS

I know exactly what you are talking about andI though it was the phattest thing ever. I was rolling my face off and was standing on the end of the stage in LaBoom and all of a sudden this shot of freezing cold air hit me in the face. It was pure and utter ecstacy at it's best. Better than anything I've seen in NY.