Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What else do you listen to??

I was just curious if any of you listen to any other type of music besides electronica?? Some of the other stuff I listen to is Garbage, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, Kmfdm, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Deftones.....mainly rock and industrial. cool.gif

------------------

Are you feeling it???

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by liquidsquid:

bad brains, faith no more, melvins, led zep, and off course: lustral.

Faith No More kicks ass! What ever happened to them? They kinda faded away.....My buddy dragged me to see Page & Plant last year and they rocked. Then a few months later he dragged me to see the Allman Brothers...I still shiver and get chills just thinking about that night. eek.gif

------------------

It's here today but it's gone tomorrow,

It's here today and today will never come again.

shadowchaser076@aol.com

In no particular order:

No Doubt, Bjork, The Cure, Da Brat, Cake, Tori Amos, Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, The Mamas & The Papas, Bob Marley, The Doors, Tracy Chapman...

That's just some of my favorites!

------------------

things to see, people to do... hehe

pink floyd is the best band of all time.

also dig jimmy, led zep, definately marley, doors, i'm basically into oldskool. the music out today is at an all time worst, which is what got me into electronica anyway, and the rest is history. tool is the exception, maynard's the man.

electric ladyland, if u aint got it u a sucker.

------------------

deez nuts

[This message has been edited by p00h (edited 08-01-2000).]

depeche mode, erasure, new order, omd, camofluage, anything box, the cure.. yes, yes, very old crap 80s new wave, but i LOVE it!!

tribe, roots, gangstarr, bahamadia, common, erykah badu, mary j, biggie, faith evans, wu-tang, mos def, black moon, smithnwessun, black sheep, slick rick, run dmc, mobb deep...

then a bit of reggae..

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Anything on Mowtown, Disco tracks (espesially Chic & Earth, wind & fire), Jazz, Funk, Old school soul & Northern Soul. The beatles (white album favorite), Bach, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Chopin (ILL HOUSE YOU there is a man who knew his keyboards), Verdi, Vagner, Brian Eno.

Proper blues (Maria Jackson (who wrote Jail House rock)etc). A little bit of Dub & Dance Hall. Prince.

And of course Jimmie Hendricks & Bob Marley.

Kitty, you're not alone. I, too, am a 80's new wave junkie. Depeche Mode, Erasure, New Order, The Cure, OMD . . . awwww the memories!

Besides that I am so stuck in the 80's with Cyndi Lauper (yea, yea shoot me!), Johnny Hates Jazz, Frankie Goes To Hollywood . . . where do they get these names from? OH! Also, The Police . . . and Sting too!

I really like Lauren Hill too (I know it's Hip Hop but she's a talented gal).

BlueAngel

------------------

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Guest crystalmethodny

Im also right there with you Kitty and Blueangel. Im a huge Depeche fan as well as New Order, Erasure, Duran Duran.. smile.gif

We should go to Culture Club one day!

I listen to just about anything though, from Sting to Bach to Pantera to NiN to Miles Davis?

smile.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

OHH! I love it. it is always interesting to know about what other people are listening to. i always like to ask someone i just met, "what five discs do you have in your car, player etc?" it's a great conversation starter. anyway, i just LOVED just about everyone's selections. a lot of taste, but then NYC, if not for taste, what do we have? anyway, here are a of my favorites, check them out.

pharcyde (in my opinion,one of the most talented and underratted hip-hop ensambles of all time) , oasis, macy gray (a great funky album, check it), i just LOVE motown and 70's funk and disco (anyone who enjoys house, and not disco, should truly ask themselves wether or not they can really dance) finley quaye (reggae artist, awesome) i could keep going, but i won't. peace.

jaycee aka johnny jum pup

------------------

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow."-James Dean

"So what?...So let's DANCE"-Rodney Dangerfield in CADDYSHACK

Randy and jayceeCT,

i like your hiphop tastes...i am glad to hear you like old skool, Randy, i've also been caught listening to roxanne shante, fat boys, kool herc, grandmaster, kool moe dee, mc shan, eric b & rakim, epmd, krs-one (boogie down prods), big daddy kane just to name a few. smile.gif

and you may not agree with some of the other hiphop performers that i have named previously, but i do respect them all as artists..

i guess what i am saying is it's basically in the eye of the beholder to say whether or not a performer is a good artist. just as everyone argues here over who is a better DJ. everyone has a good reason.. right? smile.gif

puffy- well, he's just a successful businessman, not an artist. so i am in agreement with you. BUT, for those that enjoy puffy, greenday, nsync, britney, go ahead and post that you like them! smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by p00h:

pink floyd is the best band of all time.

also dig jimmy, led zep, definately marley, doors, i'm basically into oldskool. the music out today is at an all time worst, which is what got me into electronica anyway, and the rest is history. tool is the exception, maynard's the man.

electric ladyland, if u aint got it u a sucker.

Did you ever see Tool live? They blew my f'n mind. Maynard's voice is an instrument in itself.

i caught tool live twice, once in poughkeepsie and once at the gardenstate art center in jersey. hte jersey show was ozzfest so they just did an hour, but the upstate show was the bomb. my feelings on tool are that once all is said and done, they'll be remembered with such greats as floyd and hendrix and zeppelin. have you heard the perfect circle yet? its pretty decent, grows on you like crazy.

------------------

deez nuts

Originally posted by p00h:

i caught tool live twice, once in poughkeepsie and once at the gardenstate art center in jersey. hte jersey show was ozzfest so they just did an hour, but the upstate show was the bomb. my feelings on tool are that once all is said and done, they'll be remembered with such greats as floyd and hendrix and zeppelin. have you heard the perfect circle yet? its pretty decent, grows on you like crazy.

I saw the Ozzfest show too. I wasnt too impressed because they werent the headliner and it was daytime. The Lallapalooza show was the good one. Never heard any Perfect Circle shit yet. I just found out Ministry did this years Ozzfest. Im pissed I missed that show now, I would have went just for them. They are the kings of Industrial.