Clubplanet Nightlife Community

King Unique @ Axis 10/19

avalonboston1

Greetings, I just got my hands on 3 copies of King Unique's "Electric 02" 2 disc promo with Nubreed. Rediculous tracklistings on both cd's!

This afternoon I will give 3 cd's along with with 3 comps to Thursdays show at Axis away to the first three responders. That would be nice of me wouldn't it? Well, I got the thumbs up, so let the games begin!

See ya at lunch time with the trivia question! :D

P.S. That Phuture Bound (AME remix) is wicked! Once again they drop another bomb!

electric_02.jpg

Australia based label EQ, tap Melbourne’s Nubreed and UK stalwarts King Unique for the second installment of the exciting compilation series, ‘Electric’. Conceived in 2005 as an offshoot to EQ’s world conquering ‘Balance’ series, in hindsight EQ relinquished all control upon handing the reigns to Gavin Keitel.

The intention had been for ‘Electric’ to be a platform, upon which, up and coming DJs could make their debut on the international stage without the label’s commitment to cutting edge, quality underground music wavering in the slightest. The inaugural album by Gavin Keitel fit the bill perfectly, but few could have imagined the full impact this electrically charged super-conductor would have on the series debut. If the intention had been for ‘Electric’ to become EQs ‘quiet achiever’, the culmination of Keitel’s vision and subsequent outpouring of support from all forms of the dance music media quashed this idea. While lacking the international reputation of previous Balance stalwarts such as Chris Fortier, James Holden, Desyn Masiello or Paolo Mojo, Keitel had very effectively put both himself and the ‘Electric’ series on the world stage. This has left EQ with an unenviable, yet by no means unfortunate dilemma. That of ensuring the follow-up would be worthy of being propped upon the building block forged by Keitel’s genre-spanning electro to tech-house to minimal masterpiece.

As would only be expected, EQ have not only taken up the challenge, but, responded with the force of an electrically charged atom. The second in the series won’t disappoint those fans expecting nothing less than cutting edge, underground dance music, delivered by uncompromising compilers. Yet even with this in mind, as always, EQ have ensured a surprise of tantalizing proportions. Firstly, ‘Electric 02’ will be showcased over two CDs, and the involvement has grown from a single DJ on the first ‘Electric’ to a combined total of six artists on ‘Electric 02’, with one being famed illustrator & cartoonist Neil Swaab who has been named as one of the top visual artists in the U.S. by Print Magazine, creating the cover-art.

Disk 1

1. Modeselektor – Ziq Zaq

2. Claude Vonstroke – Who’s Afraid Of Detroit

3. Steve Bug – You Make Me Feel

4. Wighnomy Bros. – Moppal Kiff

5. Kupon – Zoom Out

6. Bookashade – Night Falls

7. Francois Dubois – I Try

8. Kupon – Zoom In + Felix Da Housecat - Rocket Ride

9. Anja Scheider & Sebo K – Rancho Relaxo

10. Sascha Funke – In Between Days

11. Bookashade – In White Rooms

12. Thomas Schumacher – Red Purple

13. Akabu – Phuture Bound (Ame Mix)

14. Andrea Doria – Quantised Traffic

15. Extrawelt – Fernweh

16. Stephan Bodzin Vs Marc Romboy - Phobos

Disk 2

1. Headland – Nitefall (Vance Musgrove Mix)

2. Damon Jee & Oliver Giacomotto - Play

3. Milton Jackson – Tech No

4. James Harcourt – Audio Daemon

5. Danny Bonnici & Dan Mangan - Periwethel

6. Nubreed - Subtronic

7. Future Funk Squad – Audio Damage (D.RAMIREZ Mix)

8. Plump Djs – Electric Disco (D.RAMIREZ Mix)

9. Alex Kenji – Cyborg

10. Speculum - Backdoor

11. Muz & Mann - Panik

12. King Roc - Locomota

13. Sarah Mcleod – He Doesn’t Love You (Hook N Sling Mix)

have the tracks on those cd's been licensed?

LOL! I would hope so! Actually sort of funny you say that, it says on the back of the disc "FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY...NOT FOR RESALE....DON'T BE A PIRATE ARRRR-RRRR!" and then on the disc it says "FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY....SO TELL YOUR FRIENDS"

love that story!

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!

First off, the answer was:

*Soul Vision* *"Don't Stop"* *(Fluential)*

And is located on there very personal homepage at: http://www.kingunique.com

And the winners are!

1. Vytas J.

2. Yuri S.

3. Gbrinius

4. Joy L.

I am feeling generous today so I figured I would let the 4th person in on this as well........

This Thursday @ Axis is shaping up to be a nice 1! Thank you to everyone who entered answers, better luck on the next one!

Not as bad as you missing the bump cruise, but bad......

:laugh:

Did you enjoy your time friday? Where will ya be tomorrow?

friday was fun....from what i remember ( sorry i was such a wasted mess lol)

again with the bost cruise....umm taking it easy this weekend because of hockey but i will be out on thursday night @ goodlife and then king unique but no drinking :(...but sunday my training camp is done so i may head over to bump.

what about you?