Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aren't we all looking for the same thing?

Originally posted by shannah:

This past week I had my first ClubNY meetup. I don't know how they're supposed to go and this one went ok, but I must admit I felt a little awkward. I'm very outgoing and love to meet new people but wasn't sure about the vibe w/the group. I'm also a scifi freak (geek some might even say), a softball/tennis/volleyball player (and watcher), love dancing and various other activites but especially love the music. I studied it for a very long time and lost my passion but feel as though I'm finally getting back to it in my love for house.

In my experience, meeting people in clubs usually doesn't go anywhere. I applaud those who've been lucky to meet their loves but stress the word lucky. Most men and friends I've known that go are simply looking for a piece but it would be nice to meet someone in a club who's there for the music and not totally cracked out. Just my $.02.

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by shannah (edited 08-02-2000).]

There's nothing wrong in being a sci-fi freak...I could possibly quote the entire Star Wars trilogy. Ummmm...ok...I revealed too much and I'm going to hide under that rock now. tongue.gif

------------------

It's here today but it's gone tomorrow,

It's here today and today will never come again. - KmFdM

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Hold up. Didn't say there was anything wrong w/being a sci-fi freak. I even have this kick-ass picture of yoda made up of from frames from the original trilogy. Oops, what did I just admit to??? eek.gif

Hey look Shannah my post is right after yours! Well possibly not becuz I think it will be kind of long....

I honestly don't ever go out "hoping" to meet some guy, or trying to meet a guy. I used to do that when I was teenager, what a farce. My philosophy is that things that are meant to happen, DO happen... someone said "the bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp." Of course sometimes I'm in need of taking my own advice, but we all have our moments. Even relationships that hurt you, teach you something....but I digress.

NAh, I just go to dance. And talk to other people....not as men & women but just PEOPLE. If anything else starts to develop, cool. But in a club it's dark, loud, you may or may not be sober. I'd be nervous to trust someone right away, consequently I don't. It's just like daytime life. Friends first, other stuff later.

Oh and I love to SING, draw, go for a run, eat good food and drink good wine, see films, and WHOEVER MENTIONED BUST A GROOVE, I have played that thing. My friend & I didn't move for five hours. I kicked her ass. That robot at the end is the best!

BTW Shannah I enjoyed meeting you, ditto for all the Friday July 28 Vinyl people, drop me a liine: leannegonzalez@hotmail.com

Hold up. Didn't say there was anything wrong w/being a sci-fi freak. I even have this kick-ass picture of yoda made up of from frames from the original trilogy. Oops, what did I just admit to??? eek.gif

smile.gif Do or do not. There is no try. smile.gif - Master Yoda

------------------

shadowchaser076@aol.com

frixfrax - check your mail.

shadow-Nice quote.

'I feel your anger...Use it, strike me down so that you can take your fathers place by my side.'

confused.gif

Emperor Palpatine said that to Luke on the Death Star smile.gif

Sorry for the brief sci-fi intermission folks, now we return to our normally scheduled topic tongue.gif

------------------

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 08-02-2000).]

I actually found love at Exit believe it or not. Well, it was a friend of a friend so I probably would have met him anyway.

My other favorite things to do are: playing with my kids and rolling around in bed with my honey on a Sunday morning while it's raining. Oh yeah, that and I love rock climbing.

Originally posted by allday420_2000:

. . . nah the scene would be real cool if all ya'll would stop taking those fuckin pills. FOOLS!!!!!! don't you people know what is in those freakin things....wait ya don't so hey why not take more. smokin herb is all i do. well i do a couple bumps of blow maybe to keep me alive if i've been up at work all day. too many people do drugs . . .

One of the things that really get to me are these people that preach at others about . . . "Do as I say not as I do!" E, herbs, bumps . . . last time I checked they were all drugs along with even cigerettes and alcohol.

allday, I think you need to chill out a little bit on people who drop especially if you've dropped acid in your past . . . YOU of all people should know what tripping out mean. rolleyes.gif Everybody has their own different vice whether it be drinking, rolling, or just old fashion natural high . . . whatever it is, it's their own business. I definately don't need another fellow drug user as yourself calling me a fool cause I don't do the same type of drug that you do. That's just plain "hypocrisy" in bold letters.

BlueAngel

------------------

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 08-03-2000).]

HEY! check it out... i'm not telling anyone what to do by all means. it was my opinion. i'm real chill about it.... if i offended "everyone that drops" or anyone well

you'll get over it. it's not like its the end of the world. oh geez looks like a bunch of yas got your panties in a wad over the"fools" bit. soooooooo sensitive for a bunch of drug users. if you think i'm a hypocrite(however you spell it) well we all are. do what ever pulls yer trigger honey i could really care less. i spoke my mind now if you don't like it join the rest of them and shut up! oh ya see before i forget the "FOOLS" was just to be sarcastic obnoxious. just like "join the rest of them and shut up" surely you don't take everyones opinion so seriuously.

[This message has been edited by allday420_2000 (edited 08-03-2000).]