Clubplanet Nightlife Community

An advice needed re the NYE2007 party in NYC

Hey guys. I really need some fiendly advice about organising the NYE celebration this year. Me and a couple of friends are coming from Australia to the States for a couple of weeks and we will be in NY for the NYE.

I've done some research about the available venues and so one and pointed a several places we'd go. The places are Marquee, Capitale, Duvet or Snitch (I do not mind listening good rock'n'roll performances).

Can anyone, please, advise on which place we should really stick to for the celebration? We just want to have a lot of fun, beer, music (absence of r'n'b and rap would be great) and dance somewhere in Manhattan. We hope not to exceed $200-300 pp for the night.

The other question is about tickets and the includes -- Is my undersranding correct that when I buy an admission ticket such things as food (listed on the menu) and bar liquers are included in the ticket's price or we will have to buy those separatly as we go? In Australia tickets for such events are usually sold on the all-inclusive basis, dunno how it works in the States...

Any other ideas and suggestions will be quite welcome. Cheers.

Marquee, I am just guessing and someone correct me if I am wrong but is probably old news. Never been. Use to be a hot spot but I dont know about now. Capitale is a beautiful place and people get dressed up from what I have seen in past pictures. I would eat something before going out because I would never count on food that is promised in any promomotions. good luck avoiding hip hop.

The NYE party at Capitale is supposed to be nice, although I've never gone. Marquee, Duvet and about 300 other lounges in the city are all probably pretty much the same deal, doesn't matter which one you go to, and they will most likely play hip-hop & R&B. Definitely do not go somewhere based on what drinks or food are included. Judging by the parties I've been to here it is impossible to get drinks or food, b/c every place is completely packed, so it's just a waste of money. Your best bet is to pick a place based on what kind of music you like.

Rule of thumb: If you saw it advertised it will be a clusterfuck of outland goons. This may be what you're looking for (since I guess technically you are outland) but I'm guessing you *don't* want to be herded into holding pen and treated like shit because there are a thousand just like you who will take your place.

NYE in NYC is when you show you're not an amateur. Dig, do the leg work, find something underpromoted and esoteric that will welcome your business. Or make friends with someone online and get them to invite you to their house party.

Also, don't overlook the outskirts like Brooklyn.

Thanks a lot, gentlemen. It was really helpful to get some feedback. I'm not sure if we'll be able to do any leg work in NY because we arrive there on 30th of Dec.

From this point I see several options:

1. Find some local people who might help

2. Assume that rock is not too popular in NY nowadays and stick with Snitch

3. Read "party promotions" forum on this website?

Cheers

I'm not sure if we'll be able to do any leg work
Leg work only means check one or two resources and ask around; all of which can be done from the comfort of your room in yer huggies with all the lights out, thanks to this here Internet.
From this point I see several options:

1. Find some local people who might help

2. Assume that rock is not too popular in NY nowadays and stick with Snitch

3. Read "party promotions" forum on this website?

Closer to the zero-hour you will also see "Who's going" and "I can wait" threads about specific events, here and on other fora. Those are usually good tips.

Thanks mate. It looks we will have to wait a couple of weeks more in order to see which options will come up :)

The reason I've started asking the questions about a venue for the NYE celebration is because I thought that we would have to book a venue quite early; and now it seems that we wouldn't.

Here, in Sydney, you'll need to start thinking in early November about organising an NYE party if you want to get into a good place. Usually by the beginning of December your choices would be pretty much like spending the NYE in the horde under the Harbour Bridge or on a beach or something similar and boring :)

By your experience, what is the time when people of NY will start thinking about how would they spend the NYE? Start of Dec, middle?