Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Last Night

Well I Haven't been to Sound Factory in 3 years, because of whatever reason...But last night i was dragged against my will, lol to go...And I am not bashing here this is just my opinion of what I saw and experienced in the 3 hours I was there, And I have to say it seems like the same old JP just a worse party, his mixing was off, his vocal samples were out of time/off beat (same script, more than life) he did nothing mixing wise that impressed me...The crowd was so so, not really my type of crowd, and extremely hot in there...Saw a lot of people I knew who were surprised to see me there had a few laughs, wasn't awful, but it'll probably be another 3 years before I go back...I guess when your a Danny T head and your used to such amazing talent when it comes to mixing most other DJ's pale in comparison...and skill has nothing to do with music selection...Danny's music to me is much more uplifting, not anthem after anthem...Just my opinion, no bashing neccessary...thanks...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

I guess from my point of view being a DJ, when I go out I want to play my best every night, and even if I don't play the best music, I still wouldn't let my mixing slip, I just don't think as a marquis DJ as many consider him to be...then I dont think it's acceptable to mix like that, again just my opinion, then again most DJ's in NY don't mix these days so it's no surprise...

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

I agree with the house. You get to a point after you've been playing records yourself that when you go out you want to hear a DJ who not only tight but of a higher caliber of skill and programming. It's no longer a matter of just songs played but of programming and technique. If it's not there most of the time it's just not there.

Its not a bad thing it's just a refined sense of taste.

Only complaint I have about Jonathan is that he uses too much efx during the night.. He will use the Jamman or Pioneer efx a couple times throughout the track, delay it, then bring in another record.. Dont get me wrong, the efx are dope, but I think he abuses them..

I think mixing records is a big part in the djs status.. Just because you have acceptional records, doesnt mean your a great dj.. Anyone can have awesome music.. Dont think I'm knocking JP, he is my second favorite dj.. But he should really mix more often, and chill out with the efx..

Mac, haha.. AND DONT BE COMPAIRING HIM TO DANNY!! I know thats all you were thinking about last night.. smile.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

I too was dragged into SF after Limelight last nite against my will (Thanx Alex) but my happy candy made JP tolerable.

matter of fact, don't think i left till closing...who knows. But girls aren't as banging as usual...a lot of sloppy messes up in the place...WINTER, WHERE ARE YOUUU!?!??!

Luis

Doesn't Cleveland play mostly Disco House? I DJed with him once and he played like older progressive house from 95-97 and Disco House...Anyway...I wasn't there for Cleveland I was there to re-affirm my belief that I definitely have not been missing anything... smile.gif

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

What would you describe it then?

Yeah, he spins oldskool and house, but I can;t think of a better description!

ps Phoenix..do you like Cleveland?

------------------

Din Da Da

[This message has been edited by cazz926 (edited 08-07-2000).]

Originally posted by cazz926:

What would you describe it then?

Yeah, he spins oldskool and house, but I can;t think of a better description!

ps Phoenix..do you like Cleveland?

I usually don't spend a whole lot of time downstairs but when I go there, I enjoy the music ...from what I heard there, Cleveland mostly spins Disco House and Funk ...there is a good VIBE downstairs, it's different from the upper floors and I like it.

------------------

...Ph0eniX

I went to SF Saturday night after Limelight and I just wasted 30 bucks to leave as soon as I got in there. The music was horrible and just made me sleepy. Thats not COOL when Im rolling. It out and out sucks when a DJ doesnt play good beats to keep you going. The guys on the blocks in the itty bitty g strings...well what the heck were they doing?!?!? They were horrible dancers. They need to get people up there who know how to move. I wont go back there again. Its too hot, too many fakes people and steroid freaks walking around. Not my scene.