Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ NEEDS FEEDBACK ON NEW DJ PAGE

welp, it looks like a basic dot it yourself homemade webpage. Surprise Surprise. If you want to look professional, get some flash in there.

As far as the content goes it is pretty good. Everything I want to see really. Top ten lsits, Crowds in action, brief history on how you got started.

I don't really lagree wit hwhat you do. Looking at the crowds and your track selections, it looks to me like you dj jsut t oget an uneducated crowd moving. All top 40 dance type stuff. If thast what you want to do, fine, but I dunno, I just think going for something more meaningful is better.

I don't want to rain on your parade, jsut trying to get you to try a lil harder.

For the record, Nantasket beach kicks ass. I have family a few miles from you in Hingham. The pointless lights on 3a suck!

I CANT AGREE MORE!!!!

I WORK THERE BECAUSE ITS PROBABLY THE MOST WELL KNOWN BAR IN N.E.

THE MUSIC THERE SUCKS ASS...

WHAT I SPIN CHACK OUT THE CD TRACKLISTIN, ITS A BIT MORE RESPECTABLE...

SEEIN HOW IVE BEEN SPININ @ CLUBS FOR A YEAR I CAN HOPE TO START 2 THE TOP?

LUCKILY I JUST GOT BOOKED FOR PHATFEST(A 3DAYRAVE)

AND CROBAR IN SOUTHBEACH....

THE SHAMROCK IS JUST A REALY FUN PLACE TO WORK...

THANKS THOUGH, I REALLY APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK!!

I WISH I COULD SPIN DEEP STUFF ALLNIGHT!!

Your gig there is basically a sellout. Instead of sucking it up and playing what you like in your bedroom or to a empty crowd you admit to playing stuff you don't like cuz you know it'll get you somewhere. It's obviosuly working so I'll give you props on your business sense, but on yout staying true to yourself card I must deduct a few points.

I'm not really a fan of you cd listing either. What can I say, I'm picky and into different things. Bt puts out some amazing stuff and a number of his tracks will always make me melt, yet I can't get into dreaming.

Since you have your established spot, try working away from the stuff you don't like to the stuff you do.

DJing should be about playing for yourself first. Why are you in such a hury to get booked?

www.satelliterecords.com www.throb.com

why in heavens name did you put the satellite link there?

there the worst.

i went in there lookin for a few supermainsteam kickass songs like badhabbit/aftc and flash-greenvelvet

desire-ultra nate...

they were totally clueless...hate those guys.

bigbangrecords.com is much better, if they dont have it they'll track it down 4u

as far as "selin out" per say.

unfortunally im not independantly wealthy or jonathan peters...yet.

so i have to start @ the bottom. considering my first demo got me booked all over faniuel hall i can only go up from here right?

besides, whos gonna keep the 20 yr old bc/bu northeastern vixens movin..? hehehe...

incidentaly: what do listen to?

oh ueah bt is pretty kick ass, im really gettin into bedrock now too

one statement:

it's not where you came from, but where you are.

if sellin out (for the meantime) gets you where you want to be, then by all means sell out. But, if your at a point where the odds now favor you, and your still playin mainstream sell out shit, then thats NOT cool.

hey josh,

i didnt know you posted here?

why dont you post on the boston site?

i work w/ josh durin the day...

pretty nice webpage...you need some better builder programs though...

this guy is pretty nasty, i thought you only spun hiphop???

ill come down later& chat w/ cha. i have some friends in ny who can hook you up... you need to get me a copy of that cd though.

c-ya around the cafe!!!!

-matty

The satellite in new york is a lil better I guess. If you lsiten to the tracks on their web page and give them a lsit saying that its on their web page and for them to look it up in their computer I imagine it would be hard to fuck up. Wo, is thata run on or what?

Prashant, that is horrible advice. By going that route its okay to steal, cheat, and even kill people to get to where you want to be. DJing shouldn't be about money. It should be about sharing the music. yeah, no gigs makes it harder for us to buy vinyl, but hobbies are like that. As for who else will play for that crowd? I know you were only joking, but try to put yourself above that.

What am I into? I dig most of the digweed/muir projects, cass and slide, funkedup records, oliver lieb, smith and selway, tenaglia, etc. I really want to go into production and I'm looking at some gear to start with. There isn't enough techy trance or melodic techno for me so I'm gonna have to fill those markets.