Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 54

Ummmm not even close! Limelight is a church on 6th Ave. Studio 54 is actually now a cabaret place but is supposed to be turning into a club again under the same name. It wont be the same as the ORIGINAL club, but they are supposed o be reopening it. The only problem is, I was told it has reopened from some people and others say it hasnt yet.

hey misskittie (nice name!),

i was under the impression that cabaret was still performing at studio 54.

i also know they opened up a studio 54 in las vegas, and that place is just crawling with tourists. but of course. smile.gif

even if it did open up again, would it try to recapture the essence of the old studio 54? hmm..

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

well look- if the place does reopen under the same name- it will not even compare to the old club... undoubtedly there'd be a TON of hype and itd be pretty cheesy. the only way to avoid turning the place into a time square like tourist enviornment would be to keep it EXTREMELY hush hush (maybe thats why there are contradictory rumors) and work a very strict very excluive door. if it did workout though- id still be a little bugged about clubbing in the same spots my dad used to.

Well from the little that I have read and heard, the new Studio will not try and recapture the old glamour and glitz. They know thats impossible yet they want to reopen and give everyone the chance to experience thisclub. They believe that just the club in general will give off n awesome vibe like in the old days. I dont doubt that either in ways. I think just walking in that place will give you such awesome feelings yet I may be wrong. I have noo idea about the DJs or anything along those lines. I too am just trying to find out and I will go check it out if it is open or if it does in the future. Its just one of those clubs that I feel I have to check out

well, if im not Right? im not sure?

But i though there was some small party going on up-staris, in STUDIO 54?

not really sure, tho?

anyway, from what i have heard is that it will re-open as a club soon, but i dont think it will be called 54,

i have been there before,

and i dont think its a great space?

i really didnt like it at all

i though it was small?

but? im a pissy snob, so who Cares?

Hhahaha,

Me

------------------

"This MuTha Fucka!! comes up to me!!! , and pulls out his D---,And gets all up in My shit, and has the mutha fukn nerve to ask "Am i hurting you" i was like "Mutha fucka, you are tickaling me, get your fat,crust,skanky,wanna be down"Fat ass off me............and pay me my 20 bucks!>> Sweet Pussy Pauline(NYC)

i know someone who is promoting for that actually. It is "re-opening" but the cabaret will still go on downstairs, so i guess its just the upstairs that will be the new club. I have never been there so i don't know how the space is.

As far as what they are calling it, i don't think they have decided yet, but for now i know that they have been using the old "54" name.

Thats my inside scoop.

smile.gif

For everyones information it attempted to re-open back in I believe early 1995 on a Sunday night however it bombed as a club and went on to a cabaret show. Any attempt to reopen as a nightclub will fail. It has it's time to shine and know it's over.

[This message has been edited by dollabill25 (edited 08-07-2000).]

Vinylgrl do u by any chance have the name , number or email addy of the person promoting? Anyhelp would be great. I know this place will never be what it use to be but I have always wanted to go at least once so Im not worried about being let down. Lots of City clubs that are allegedly "hot" let me down many times so Im willing to take a chance on this historic site!

I doubt there would be free bags of coke but hey if there was can I jump in line...j/k. All I have heard it it will still have that coke spoon with the moon hanging up. Im sure there will be drugs all over it though. I dont know about free though. I doubt any major stars will be showing up nd Stevie isnt alive anymore to pass that all out

The upstairs of Studio 54 has reopened. I was there about three weeks ago on a Friday night. I'm not sure if it is still going on though. When I went it was pretty lame. A promoter for the club gave me his card. If you want a list or more info try (212)714-7007 this is the 'Smug' <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guest list</A> . PLEASE NOTE: I am not a promoter so don't blame me if you go and it sucks...

------------------

When it won't help to slow down...PoUr iT oN!!

i heard that 54 will be open but not named 54 and will try to cater to the tourist and play like z100 type crap

and the one in vegas is ok as long as it is not on friday or saturday

wednesday night at 54 in vegas is a pretty good party the have decent music and people there to dance

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------

Hey MissKittie:

let me know what you find out!!! I am completely OBSESSED with Studio 54 and would love to go---even if I do have to listen to z100 shit.

There was supposed to be a rave there this Halloween with Frankie Bones and some other not-as-cool DJs, but it was cancelled.

I think you can rent it out for private parties for a shitload of money!

I would LOVE to party there!!!

Hey TRK NO problem! I have been crazy about Studio 54 for years! I even got in a huge arguement when she told me she walked by one night and they told her to go in even though she had her German shephard with her and she said no! I wanted to kill her!! Oh well. If anything Ill check up on it and get back to you. Hey maybe we can even meet up somewhere since Im almost positive Id be foreced to go all by myself...boo hoo

I have been going to the Friday night party at 54 for the past 4 weeks. Call the Smug phone number 2127147007 to get on the list, women are comped and guys are reduced on the list. This week will be the last party until after Labor day. Two DJ's, hip-hop and house, crowd is between 22-26 yrs of age. The party is upstairs above Caberet.

I hate to spoil anyone's party, but...the "new" 54 has been completely remodeled for the show. It looks just like the former venue for Cabaret, the Kit Kat Klub, only bigger. There is no way the new promoters can capture the former glory of 54. Sadly, those days are long gone.

------------------

"I live not in dreams, but in contemplation of a reality that is perhaps the future"- Rilke