Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BODY AND SOUL=BEST VIBE IN NYC

Not only did saturday have the best weather of the summer, but it also had the best beats, vibe and crowd. I have to say B&S convinced me why New York is the shit.

The day did not work out perfectly, but in all it was a perfect day. We got there around 2:30 and at 3 the cops came out and said they were not allowing anymore people in. So i was definitly pissed, but what can you do right?

So we just put a blanket down and chilled on the surrounding grass. The music was loud enough so you could fully enjoy it even not being in there. So they were playing some great disco-house beats and then they went to some salsa bands. Now, I love all music and could learn to appreciate many kinds, but this stuff was just a buzzkill. Not really in the mood for it. However, at around 4 a fantastic beat came on. A house anthym of sorts. It was the first song of their set. Anyone who could tell me what that was,,,would be appreciated.

Anyway, the guy went from spining a little house to stevie wonder to bob marley to some Drum and bass to just some funky beats and let me tell you it was fantastic. People of all ages and races were just dancing on the lawns talking just enjoying themselves.

Sorry to sound all poofy, but it had the happiest vibe I have seen in NY. And this was for the most part a sober event throughout. It just goes to show that great music, weather and a fantastic conglomeration of people can create the perfect event.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts. For those who missed it,,YOU MUST GO next year. And for those who always claim this to be the best event in NYC,,well they are right!

------------------

DANCE LIKE THERE'S NO ONE WATCHING

I SECOND THAT. GREAT VIBE, GREAT MUSIC OTHER THAN THE SALSA. I FELT EVERYONE WAS JUST CHILLIN WHEN THE SALSA CAME ON KINDA WAITIN FOR THE DJ'S TO GET IT GOING AGAIN. I AGREE THAT FIRST SONG THAT CAME ON AROUND 4 AFTER THE SALSA BAND WAS SICK! EVERYONE WAS FEELIN IT. THE SALSA WAS A COOL TOUCH BUT I THINK THE CROWD WAS FEELIN THE BODY AND SOUL DJ'S MORE. FIRST TIME I EVER HEARD THEM AND I MUST SAY THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT THE CROWD WANTS TO HEAR AND DEFINITELY HAD THAT B AND S TOUCH. GREAT MUSIC, GREAT TIME!

However, at around 4 a fantastic beat came on. A house anthym of sorts. It was the first song of their set. Anyone who could tell me what that was,,,would be appreciated. ...

Borkinj

(sorry, don't know how to quote people)

I think you are talkin' about "return of the jaguar". Maybe not, my chronological memory isn't quite right.

peace

Cara

------------------

Din Da Da

(Cross posted to the Body&Soul message board www.bodyandsoul-nyc.com)

Borkinj, could you copy your post on the Body&Soul board too? I would be nice to have it there, too (www.bodyandsoul-nyc.com -> Community)

Body&Soul is my religion, I used to go to Vinyl every weeks to have this experience. Everytime you go to Vinyl on Sunday afternoon, you can be sure you will have the best music, the best dancing, the best crowd, the best party ever.

I had a blast in the park Sunday. It was amasing. The Vinyl experience was recreated with 15000 people, with sun and air (even if I was under the heating sun, it was still cooler than Vinyl Sunday afternoon- Vinyl needs A/C!)

I got there around 12h45, I got in at 1h15 (member priviledge) hanged aroung with other members and guests before they started at 1h45.

I didn't really hear Eddie Palmieri since I was on the line to the bathroom. 45mn of line! My feeling from what I heard is that there was too much talking and not enough music.

The saint trinity came back and put back the groove on. Amasing! I don't recall what was the first song they put on after Eddie Palmieri, I don't think it was "The night of the Jaguar" this came later. BTW when Francois dropped Jaguar, he put the intro of Vertigo's "Relight My Fire" as intro of Jaguar, it was so good I think I was going to get nut.

Maybe the first song after Eddie was Casa Forte- Snowboy? Wasn't it?

(No Drum&Bass was played or the sun got me really stoned and I missed it, every time Francois plays one Drum&Bass track at Vinyl I go competely crasy, I guess I would remember if some were played in the park)

I really liked the new MKL song, "remember the slavery days" (Is that really a new MKL song and the right title?)

I have also a request for a song ID, I think Francois played this one, a minimal house track with a nice bass line... (PK can you describe it better? I asked you what it was.)

It was fantastic to see Joe Claussell tweeking the knobs. He looks like he's making love to the music! The girls around me were getting crasy and screaming his name (and some of the boys too)

I really liked Da Lata, very nice concert but I wish I had a little bit more of our beloved djs.

At the end of the musical Journey, as usual, the same way it happens at Vinyl, Lord Jay Wise helped us screaming for another song and we got Happy Days. Alas after that, Summerstage cut the power and the djs couldn't play anymore, too bad it looks like there were ready to play more.

I have a few criticism, though. Even it the vibe was the best ever, even if the weather was perfect, even if it was absolutely great, the best experience ever, I wish the djs played more new songs, a lots of the song that were played were what we use to hear at Vinyl 9 months ago- and there was a few mix accidents (3!), we are not used to that at Vinyl (it never happens).

Anyway it was absolutely fantastic, even if I was living on the other side of the earth, I would do the trip to get to this party again.

Sunday, afternoon, I didn't go to the party at Vinyl, I was tired out by the party at Summerstage and all the other parties I went to Saturday night and it would have been dangerous to drive back to Boston from Vinyl after B&S (as I was planning to do in the 1st place). Can I have review of Sunday's party?

Next year, count me in for another Body&Soul in the park.

Plur,

Joël S.

YEA!!! B&S was, once again, as always, worth the wait and the hassles. To those who had to wait on that ridiculous line and/or miss the party inside, always remember there are other ways to get in. We waited and walked for 10 mins. until we (& others) just waltzed (or freestyled) in the main gate. Thanx to those who let us slide. Next year we should take the party to the Great Lawn (now THAT'S a party)!!!

Peace & blessings to all who bought the love!!

Originally posted by buttabrotha:

Next year we should take the party to the Great Lawn (now THAT'S a party)!!!

Yeah, that would be the party... It's not going to happen as long as Giuliani is mayor. For this year, Summerstage had a hard time getting allowed in the space they have now. They're not going to move it to the big lawn because the fucking rich bastards who live next to the park have been complaining about the noise!

Go live next to a public park and then complain...

Giuliani won't allow Summerstage to organise events on the big lawn because those rich bastards finance him.

Other thing, the first song that was played after Eddie Palmierie was Casa Forte - Snowboy. It's about one year old and very hard to get.

Plur,

Joël S.

[This message has been edited by JoelS (edited 08-07-2000).]

B&S was ON!!! I got there around 12:45 hung around with just a few of the first people let in.

The vibe was great! The weather couldn't have been any better. My friend who isn't even into to dancing and that kind of music was shaking his ass for the first time!!!

I'm not too sure how much i liked the latin jazz, although Eddie Palmieri is supposed to be a legend in his realm. But it was good to chill out to never -the- less.

See ya next sunday.

wink.gif

i agree! and i saw THREEE old club nyc peeps from 1996-1997 MWAH ! I was a little uh...lets just say feeling good.....and it was so chill...even though it wasnt all "my" music...the luv and sun and music and relaxation and YES were doing something during the daylight hours feeling!

smile.gif the main lawn, that would be SICK. we need a trance/progress.house weekend....48 hours of just that....up and down at the appropriate time of day smile.gif

MissDiva

------------------

--=== Deep into the vibe of house music ===--

MissDiva19@aol.com