Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Frankie knuckles

Does he still spin lol of course he does all OVER THE WORLD.

Luckily (or coincedently lol) He will be playing over at CIELO for his BDAY party on THURS JAN 11TH. The last time i caught him here in NYC was over at SPIRIT on a sun night, what a grea party that was, cant wait to hear him again. I keep missing out on the nights when he makes itover to SBNY to play for a few hrs.

one of my 2007 wishes is more knuckles in nyc in 2007.

hes played sbny a few times in reecnt years.

cielo sounds a good locale but this absolute innovator & house master since the mid 80s deserves more nyc dates & more attention in 2007.

fyi when twilo opened circa 1996 or so knuckles was a resident, playing saturday nights between 2 and 4 times monthly

Does he still spin lol of course he does all OVER THE WORLD.

Luckily (or coincedently lol) He will be playing over at CIELO for his BDAY party on THURS JAN 11TH. The last time i caught him here in NYC was over at SPIRIT on a sun night, what a grea party that was, cant wait to hear him again. I keep missing out on the nights when he makes itover to SBNY to play for a few hrs.

thanx bull for the info. That date is right around the corner, I'm excited. See u guys there

oh are there going to be presale tickets or do we even need any?

Hey guys here is the info for Frankie's Birthday party at cielo. Advanced tickets (robpromotions.com) are $20... or you can bring a print out of the flyer for $20 reduced admission.

FKFRONTcopy.jpg

Benny Soto & Robpromotions.com Present

Frankie Knuckles Birthday Bash

Thursday January 11, 2007

Music By the birthday boy himself FRANKIE KNUCKLES

With Special Guests

SHAPESHIFTERS aka SHAPEUK

Cielo - 18 Little West 12th Street, New York City

Doors open at 10pm

(212) 645-5700

For more info

www.robpromotions.com

www.cieloclub.com

FKBACKcopy-1.jpg

Hey guys here is the info for Frankie's Birthday party at cielo. Advanced tickets (robpromotions.com) are $20... or you can bring a print out of the flyer for $20 reduced admission.

FKFRONTcopy.jpg

Benny Soto & Robpromotions.com Present

Frankie Knuckles Birthday Bash

Thursday January 11, 2007

Music By the birthday boy himself FRANKIE KNUCKLES

With Special Guests

SHAPESHIFTERS aka SHAPEUK

Cielo - 18 Little West 12th Street, New York City

Doors open at 10pm

(212) 645-5700

For more info

www.robpromotions.com

www.cieloclub.com

FKBACKcopy-1.jpg

i really cant wait for this

What kind of style of music should I expect? Like said, I've never seen him before and him being someone who's spun for so long, and gone through so many different styles, he probably has one all his own. So I'm just wondering what he's into nowadays.

Thanks.

What kind of style of music should I expect?
Y'know I've never heard Knuckles play (live or recorded), I don't know what genre (as in specific sub-genre and "sound") he spins, and I don't even know anyone who has first-hand experience (with whom I talk regularly about such matters)--infact most of the self-proclaimed "party people" and music afficionados have no idea who he is.

However!

1. It's at Cielo. If ever there was a club ideal to hear a DJ for the first time it's Cielo. big enough to be titliating, small enough to me intimate. And the DJ is right there! Not in some skybox 20 feet above you... even with the new extra "fortification".

2. Even in my short tenure as a nightlife enthusiast the name Frankie Knuckles comes up often enough and with enough reverence that it behooves me to go check him out.

3. It's $20/25(?). When the starting cover at a Crobar or a Pacha for a name brand performer is $30, and can be jacked up to $50 on the spot, I find that pretty cheap. Even if I don't like him, it's an affordable mistake.

I'm going to take this one on faith.

Y'know I've never heard Knuckles play (live or recorded), I don't know what genre (as in specific sub-genre and "sound") he spins, and I don't even know anyone who has first-hand experience (with whom I talk regularly about such matters)--infact most of the self-proclaimed "party people" and music afficionados have no idea who he is.

However!

1. It's at Cielo. If ever there was a club ideal to hear a DJ for the first time it's Cielo. big enough to be titliating, small enough to me intimate. And the DJ is right there! Not in some skybox 20 feet above you... even with the new extra "fortification".

2. Even in my short tenure as a nightlife enthusiast the name Frankie Knuckles comes up often enough and with enough reverence that it behooves me to go check him out.

3. It's $20/25(?). When the starting cover at a Crobar or a Pacha for a name brand performer is $30, and can be jacked up to $50 on the spot, I find that pretty cheap. Even if I don't like him, it's an affordable mistake.

I'm going to take this one on faith.

damn you really put alot of thought into this one....lol

i rarely go out during the week, but I think I am going to make it out tonight

he has been around for years, and I can't even remember the last time I heard of him being in NYC area,

so I def whanna check it out, also curious to hear what he is rockin