Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nfl playoffs...

fkornre

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brady prob made some hateful comments about soccer at one point so ghhhhhhhhhhhhost hates him now...

its cause of you Pats fans that swear to god he's some underrated underdog who never gets his just desserts....he's as much of a posterboy as Peyton is ..and last time i checked the boy got rings...as in plural..so that whole underrated shit doesnt fly

ghhhhhhhhhhhost...come on now...you even know that when people talk about great qb's they always but peyton and tom in the same category...they arent in the same category...tom is a big game qb who wins...peyton is a posterboy with marino for qb's who choke and cant get the job done...peyton doesnt deserve to be in the same category as tom...

ghhhhhhhhhhhost...come on now...you even know that when people talk about great qb's they always but peyton and tom in the same category...they arent in the same category...tom is a big game qb who wins...peyton is a posterboy with marino for qb's who choke and cant get the job done...peyton doesnt deserve to be in the same category as tom...

its almost as bad as saying Jim Kelly was better then Joe Montana.....with the exception that Jim Kelly actually made it to the super bowl vs. peyton who just made it to every other commercial on TV

its comical really and considering the source.....well, i wont even go there

Patriots

Saints

Then the Patriots win their 4th title in 6 years!!!

ever notice how the patriots had the only mascot in history to feature an offensive lineman?

anyway....

Sunday, Jan. 21 Conf Championships

New Orleans at Chicago.............................Saints

New England at Indianapolis........................Pats

I want to say the Bears here, I really do, but I just dont think Rex Grossman will come through if its a close game of which I think it will be.

thats ok babe...no worries...

i want to see a pats/saints sb...

Seems like the refs do too, lol.

IDK, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, but didn't it seem like everything started going the Pats' and Saints' way at the end of those games?

I think someone thinks America needs to see a Patriots Vs. Katrina Superbowl. :D

i dont think ive ever said that peyton is in the same class as tom..he has no rings so therefore he cant be. what trips me out is this imaginary chip on the shoulder Pat's fans carry that tom is some underdog who never gets a break ..or that hes totally in peytons shadow...which is complete bullllllllshit..and to say peyton is overrated..fine..w respect to accomplishments but you can't say he isnt a fucking hell of a QB..

btw sick edit jon

ever notice how the patriots had the only mascot in history to feature an offensive lineman?

anyway....

Sunday, Jan. 21 Conf Championships

New Orleans at Chicago.............................Saints

New England at Indianapolis........................Pats

I want to say the Bears here, I really do, but I just dont think Rex Grossman will come through if its a close game of which I think it will be.

And a flying Elvis

i dont think ive ever said that peyton is in the same class as tom..he has no rings so therefore he cant be. what trips me out is this imaginary chip on the shoulder Pat's fans carry that tom is some underdog who never gets a break ..or that hes totally in peytons shadow...which is complete bullllllllshit..and to say peyton is overrated..fine..w respect to accomplishments but you can't say he isnt a fucking hell of a QB..

btw sick edit jon

I think all of that stems from the fact that Brady was a 6th round draft choice, while Peyton way the #1 overall pick. Usually a 6th round QB never sees the light in the NFL. Brady only got his chance because Mo Lewis decapitated Drew Bledsoe a few years back. Being the #1 pick, Peyton was expected to be awesome, but you really couldn't say the same about Brady which is where all the "underdog" stuff comes from...

btw sick edit jon

a couple years back, like around the time of the pats' second super bowl ring, you could have made a valid point. but fast forward three years later to present times and NO ONE ever plays tom brady as the underdog. NO ONE.

In fact, most commentators (as well as next to every new england fan) constantly say the patriots aren't that good a team, but they have tom brady. then go on to say, you can never count TOM BRADY out of a ballgame. underdog?

you're so out of touch with reality that listening to you argue football is comedy at its best. makes good entertainment for me so have at it buddy :aright:

btw, relax with that "sick edit" of mine jerkoff. i misspelled com(m)ical and corrected it

but the guy has ringSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ....and was obviously the most important contributor to all those rings...shouldnt he have shed the underdog image after that?

It's tough to say because off the top of my head I can't remember any other case in sports where a player was so lightly regarded in terms of draft position to get a chance to play and accomplish what Tom Brady has accomplished. The closest example I can come up with is "Rocky" and obviously that's fiction...

This country eats stories like this for breakfast. Again, look at "Rocky" as an example of that. So not only do I not think he'll shed that image. He will become the poster boy for all these guys coming out of college getting drafted in the last few rounds of their sport looking for something to prove...

If anything, hate on the NFL scouts for grading him that low when obvoiusly he was a much, much, better player...

Seems like the refs do too, lol.

IDK, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, but didn't it seem like everything started going the Pats' and Saints' way at the end of those games?

I think someone thinks America needs to see a Patriots Vs. Katrina Superbowl. :D

i didnt see the bears/saints game so i dont know...but the chargers just imploded...we had nothing and were clearly overmatched...but we capitalized on their turnovers and poor clock management...the pats KNOW how to play playoff football...

btw sick edit jon

i wouldnt say that i have "a chip on my shoulder that tom is an underdog"...but if you look at the teams the pats play in the playoffs they have often not been the fav in the game (based on the betting lines)...as a fan i always believe we have a good team and are capable of winning against anyone...the pats just play tough football and find a way to win...so i have to always believe we have a shot when most people dont...

as for peyton i am not saying YOU compare them but everyone else always uses them in the same sentence...i know peyton sets records and is a great qb when it comes to stats...but i will take brady with his ability to lead and take control of a game when it matters and come home with a win anyday of the week...

maybe this is peyton's year...maybe its not...but until he wins the games that matters and turns the colts into a real champion i will not include him in any paragraph along with brady...

a couple years back, like around the time of the pats' second super bowl ring, you could have made a valid point. but fast forward three years later to present times and NO ONE ever plays tom brady as the underdog. NO ONE.

In fact, most commentators (as well as next to every new england fan) constantly say the patriots aren't that good a team, but they have tom brady. then go on to say, you can never count TOM BRADY out of a ballgame. underdog?

you're so out of touch with reality that listening to you argue football is comedy at its best. makes good entertainment for me so have at it buddy :aright:

btw, relax with that "sick edit" of mine jerkoff. i misspelled com(m)ical and corrected it

sorry im not a fucking football guru like yourself..but hearing Pat's fans constantly talk about peyton and how much less of a QB he is than Tom is ridiculous..its like you all have this insane inferiority complex for no reason and considering that Peyton hasnt won anything it's pretty stupid.....yet you cant keep his name out of your mouth(s)...

thanks for pointing out my lack of knowledge w regards to football and how hysterical me discussing it is.....but isnt it kind of awkward that kfitz and fkorne have made normal human being responses to all of my posts...and i'd say theyre pretty knowledgeable...so that'd make you a salty bastard wouldnt it ?

i wouldnt say that i have "a chip on my shoulder that tom is an underdog"...but if you look at the teams the pats play in the playoffs they have often not been the fav in the game (based on the betting lines)...as a fan i always believe we have a good team and are capable of winning against anyone...the pats just play tough football and find a way to win...so i have to always believe we have a shot when most people dont...

as for peyton i am not saying YOU compare them but everyone else always uses them in the same sentence...i know peyton sets records and is a great qb when it comes to stats...but i will take brady with his ability to lead and take control of a game when it matters and come home with a win anyday of the week...

maybe this is peyton's year...maybe its not...but until he wins the games that matters and turns the colts into a real champion i will not include him in any paragraph along with brady...

its just absurd to keep comparing tom to peyton.....its like beating up on the nerdy kid every day in school and your friends saying OH YOURE THE MAN NOW DOG...when every1 knows you could whip this kid 9 out of 10 times

It's tough to say because off the top of my head I can't remember any other case in sports where a player was so lightly regarded in terms of draft position to get a chance to play and accomplish what Tom Brady has accomplished. The closest example I can come up with is "Rocky" and obviously that's fiction...

This country eats stories like this for breakfast. Again, look at "Rocky" as an example of that. So not only do I not think he'll shed that image. He will become the poster boy for all these guys coming out of college getting drafted in the last few rounds of their sport looking for something to prove...

If anything, hate on the NFL scouts for grading him that low when obvoiusly he was a much, much, better player...

guess its just sports....we hear about Gil Arenas and Zach Randolph being late round selections all the time..even tho we all know someone fucked up w the scouting...same shit as Tom I guess

i didnt see the bears/saints game so i dont know...but the chargers just imploded...we had nothing and were clearly overmatched...but we capitalized on their turnovers and poor clock management...the pats KNOW how to play playoff football...

and immaturity. the pats were the team with more experience on the field and it showed. some of the chargers made stupid mistakes like dropped passes, not falling on the kick return fumble, personal fouls, that cost them points, cost them drives, cost them the game.

terrel davis - 6th round from georgia state

at the same time you also gotta recognize, how many QB's get drafted in the 1st round with HUGE expectations and tank?