Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul van dyk Feb 18th changes to 21+

PVD is playing the man has a way with a sound system like no other..if he can make roseland sound good in a way then crobar should be easy for him...but its going to be PACKKKKEEDD..crobar isnt the biggest place in a the world.. No club but EXIT and u couldnt pay me to go there again is big enough for PVD. No matter where this guy goes you cant move in that bitch. Hes still gonna rock the house cant wait!! Feb has some great lineups between pacha and this event..sickkk

who's paul???

actually that was kinda classic - the tape i have from paul's very 1st USA set is named "who's paul?" cause that's exatly what i asked my best friend when he asked if we should just stay home and chill or go see this dj from berlin who noone had ever heard of before....

here's that 1st tape (Simon's '93):

who's paul pt 1

who's paul pt 2

*dear club planet: i got the "OK" from paul last time i saw him to post this set...

i also have parts 3, 4 & 5 from the 2nd tape if any1 wants 'em...

dear club planet trollers: be educated - notice paul was NOT playing TRANCE - he spun progressive house at about twice the speed it was normally played at..... paul didn't really go all trance until 95ish - that's simon introducing paul and it's me and my friends screaming in the back if u turn it up enuf 2 hear it... also - that night we were wondering if a german DJ meant to play a sample that sounds like "just just hi to paul" in the begining of his set... this is by far the best set i've ever heard - imagine thinking you're gonna be watching some lifetime movie of the week and it's fuckin 'gone with the wind' you're shown. for a set that's almost 15 years old it still kicks it up. paul kept mixing in and out of songs so quickly and kept doin shite to it while he was mixing that from the 1st moment i knew he was unlike any other dj i've ever heard.... and i was right. if you recognize any of these songs i can 99.9999% assure u it was the 1st time it was played in the USA.... the cool thing about paul is he would play a song in his set, i would then hear the song later in a different set and realize he somehow added about 20,000 extra samples into the song that were NOT in the original LP pressing....

PVD is playing the man has a way with a sound system like no other..if he can make roseland sound good in a way then crobar should be easy for him

How does a dj "work" a system? A dj has NO idea what his music sounds like on the dancefloor... all he can hear is the monitors blasting in his face.

Crobar has a shitty system and shitty acoustics....besides lowering the ceiling there is nothing anyone can do about it.