Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Porter & Wilkie @ Room 960, Hartford CT 3/9/07

cornergirl

not sure if its the old insomnia. but its a nice upscale type lounge/club.. guys who run/own it are all about the music, they def show us boston folk a good time.. went down over the summer with mama, they treated us like gold... def tad approved/.

coolness

you going to this?

not sure if its the old insomnia. but its a nice upscale type lounge/club.. guys who run/own it are all about the music, they def show us boston folk a good time.. went down over the summer with mama, they treated us like gold... def tad approved/.

:laugh:

If you've never been to Room 960, check the link below (you'll have to register for the forum, but it's worth it) - you'll find a ton of pictures from events over the past few years and you will be able to get an idea of the calibre of DJ's that swing through there on a regular basis.

http://boramusic.com/mb/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7

For my money, 960 is the best venue in the northeast to go see the bigger name DJ's. It's not too often that you get to see people like Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez, Danny Howells, Sander Klienenberg, BT, Behrouz, Max Graham, Superchumbo, Hernan Cattaneo, etc in such an intimate setting.

See everyone there for Porterhouse - should be a great time!

Mike

www.myspace.com/mikekiraly

www.mikekiraly.com

• 2 weeks later...

Porter. Friday. Hartford.

As an aside: I've lived just north of that city my entire life. Never did I imagine there was such a scene down there. It gives any other mid-sized metropolis a run for its money. In any case, Porter's gig there last november was truly impressive. And 960 is a great space - if you let your mind wander you might just believe that ur already in miami.

But you're in hartford... who knew?

in as usual...and it's amazing how quickly things got going in that city. All it needed was a little kickstart after the afterhours clubs and the like finally closed/ran their course...(though another afterhours club would definitely complete the cycle)