Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Favorite Books?

Books huh?

Fun books to read when you're commuting to work...anything by James Patterson (Kiss The Girls, etc.). Love those.

As for classics...

"Brave New World" by Aldus Huxley

GREAT BOOK!

"Disco Bloodbath" also had me rolling. Something light and funny you can read in a day.

addaboy

i loved high fidelity (read it way b4 it became a movie). They fucked up coz the story takes placein london, and the movie version takes place in america with all american actors. there is also another book in i also loved...i cant remember the name of the book right now, coz im at work, and have 10,000 things running through my mind...ill post, when i can remember...new york cage is ok too....(those are for recent books)

theres a whole load of books which i like from back in the day.....again i can't remember right now.... smile.gif

Anything by Irvine Welsh (of trainspotting fame), he has some great books out, mad books, some people find them hard to read because it is written in a scottish accent!! But they are worth a look, besides he is a big clubber he knows his stuff.

Try Acid house, Filth, Ecstasy.

And High Fidelity the book is a good read for guys (by the way the film was shot arround where i live).

1) Knots, by R.D.Laing

2) The Garden of Forking Paths, by Jorge Louise Borges

3) Titus Andronicus, William Shakespeare

4) Richard III, William Shakespeare

5) Richard II, William Shakespeare

6) King John, William Shakespeare

7) Burmese Days, George Orwell

8) Memoirs from the house of the dead, Fyodor Dostoevsky

[This message has been edited by rudeboyyouth (edited 08-11-2000).]

I'm reading the sequil to The Silence Of The Lambs, Hannibal.. I cant read it at night anymore, too scary..lol.. So far its really really good, better than Silence Of The Lambs.. Only 100 pages left.. smile.gif

------------------

The Skys Are Little Fluffy Clouds.. They Were Long, Clear.. There Were Lots OF Stars, At Night..