Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 3/12/07

weyes

i hold this to be true because true friends care about each other. ignoring one another out of anger is hurtful and doesn't solve problems. the way to get through difficulties is to talk about them, not bury them just deep enough that they don't remain on the surface. whatever was problematic will return if not worked out; the passage of time does not make sure that both sides forgive and forget.

Well like most things it's dependent on the people your friends with. I for example do give the silent treatment to my loved ones, because when I am that upset...believe me, you do NOT want to confront me. I give it because I am sorting out my feelings about the situation, and pinpointing exactly what I am soo upset about before I talk to peeps. It really prevents saying things that I know I will regret saying to people I care about. ;)

Well like most things it's dependent on the people your friends with. I for example do give the silent treatment to my loved ones, because when I am that upset...believe me, you do NOT want to confront me. I give it because I am sorting out my feelings about the situation, and pinpointing exactly what I am soo upset about before I talk to peeps. It really prevents saying things that I know I will regret saying to people I care about. ;)
when you have calmed down, then, do you talk out what has happened with your friend/family member, or do you just act like nothing happened?

this is all so strange to me 'cause i don't have "fights" with people. a "friend" of mine has just found it cool not to talk to me for about a month and a half because she "was not happy with me the last time we hung out," and "will call [me] when she's ready to talk to [me]."

i had a horrible night that night, too, and if anyone should be pissed it should be me, but i wasn't pissed for long because it was just one night; that happens to everyone once in a while and it's just the occasional bump in the road in every relationship of every sort. it doesn't mean that one of us should act like a child and ignore the other for a month and a half. and if it bothered her so much, she should talk about the issues she had, to see why the night went so wrong. she should feel that there must've been reasons for it to have been such a bad night, if she felt it was important enough to act the way she has been.

Yeah, that does sound a little extreme...If I was that pissed at a loved one it would be over something very obvious. But sometimes people arent thinking straight, or are partaking of party stuff that would alter their coping skills, views, and patience. I get the impression that your a very easy going chic. Hopefully, your friend will cool off or let it go, and talk to you. :isok:

thanks, sanci :heart: . i'm learning more and more, though, that fair-weather friends are a common phenomenon. the only love i ever give to family and friends is unconditional; i would've thought that five years would mean more to her than this :confused: .