Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mandalay Bay Gold Class

dirtymike

The low end of that spectrum is a joke, I dont know how they say 550 with a straight face for a high end room... 8/900-1500 would be more legitimate.

Do the world a favor Lalate...define your rendition of a "Low End - High-End" room... at 550 sq/ft you can fit a good size pool with a spa and lounge area in a hotel room!!!

Also, size isn't everything when it comes to high-end...it's a combination of size, amenities, separation of living areas and quality of deco.

I have lived in Vegas for 20 years and between high school, college and profession I have partied in just about every hotel room and suite in town. What the Mandalay Bay takes away from your 8/900 sq/ft dream room, they have made up in quality of amenities, fabrics and deco.

But hey, who am I? You obviously have experienced WAY more of Vegas than anyone else on CP! lol

2 thumbs up to Mandalay Bay Gold Class.

550 square feet is "high end" for Vegas? Hardly.

1. Whats the AVERAGE size of a standard room for a decent hotel in Vegas? 500 square feet.

2. Whats the AVERAGE size of Mandalay's OWN standard room? 500 square feet

For anyone wanting to choose hotels, here is an excellent webpage that shows you how to compare sizes of room.

http://www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com/ratings.htm

Point taken, and you are right...average size is between 400 to 500 sq/ft... but have you seen the deco and quality of the rooms compared to what Mandalay Bay Gold Class is offering??

Well, considering you get upgraded EVERY TIME you are here, you probably haven't experienced very many "average" rooms. Eh buddy? lol

Ive never NOT been upgraded. Ive done every trick in the book ... and still coming up with new ones. My las trip I had the 2nd largest room in the entire hotel for the standard room rate ... for several days, almost bigger than my old new york apartment lol

Still, 550 or 1500, you can't complain about the product they are putting out!

Point taken, and you are right...average size is between 400 to 500 sq/ft... but have you seen the deco and quality of the rooms compared to what Mandalay Bay Gold Class is offering??

Well, considering you get upgraded EVERY TIME you are here, you probably haven't experienced very many "average" rooms. Eh buddy? lol

Still, 550 or 1500, you can't complain about the product they are putting out!

Agreed lol.. Actually one time - Tao opening weekend - I got upgraded nicely, but not the best upgrade they could give me. Oh the smoke that came from my nostrils, I was so angry ahhaah.