DARUDE

Club Arkadia

16 Broad Street

New Britain, CT

http://www.arkadiaclub.us

Proper Dress Required. Doors @ 9PMMain Room:

On the Main Stage:

DARUDE

(Helsinki Music Company, Ooops! Records, Platinum Producer of the worldwide hit "Sandstorm",

DJ Mag's Top 100, BPM America's Favorite DJs)

Darude has now become a name synonymous with driving beats coupled with passionate and energetic DJ sets which can be summed up in one word, party!

Darude’s (Finnish DJ/artist/producer Ville Virtanen) grand entrance into the music industry came in 1999, when he slipped a demo CD to one of his idols, acclaimed Finnish dance producer, Jaakko ‘JS 16’ Salovaara. Jaakko immediately snatched up Darude and signed him to his own label, 16 Inch Records. The two hit the studio together to put the final touches on the demo Darude had handed to Jaakko. The result of this studio time would be a track that would eventually spread to every corner of the world; that track was “Sandstorm.”

Once “Sandstorm” was out, it took the world by storm. It started in Darude’s home country, Finland, where it went directly to #1 on the Finnish Dance Chart; a spot that it would dominate for 17 weeks. Its next stop would be the UK, where Neo Records would snap up the track after coming across it on the internet. In June 2000, Darude became the first Finnish artist ever to reach the top 3 positions on the UK singles chart.

“Sandstorm” went on to sell Platinum in Scandinavia & Ireland and Gold in the UK & Germany which led to it being the world’s best selling 12” vinyl of 2000. The world-wide sales of “Sandstorm” to date is about 1,5 - 2 million units. The second single “Feel The Beat” went immediately to #1 on the Finnish Dance Chart, the UK Club Chart, Mixology Dance Chart, UK and the Australian Dance Chart. Altogether is conquered the Top 3 in ten countries around the world.

The success of these two singles led to the release of Darude’s debut album, “Before The Storm.” This album would go on to sell double Platinum in Finland and Gold in Canada. Its world-wide sales to date are between 600 000 - 800 000 units.

In 2001, the demand for Darude was at a frenzy. He was kept on the road for 9 months out of the year, working to meet the needs of his new found fans. In the spring of 2002, Darude did his seven week “Tour de Trance” in the USA which was met with overwhelming reviews. This live tour solidified his name in the USA which would give him a secure fan base in this vast market for years to come.

In 2003, Darude would release his second artist album, “Rush”. The first single off of this album was simply titled, “Music.” The track conquered the #1 position on the Finnish Singles Chart, Finnish Dance Chart and, for example, the Polish Dance Chart. The second single, “Next To You,” would follow in the first single’s footsteps by taking the #1 position on the Finnish Singles Chart on its release. Both singles received wide support from some of the biggest named DJs (Tiesto, Ferry Corsten...) and were play-listed on countless dance radio stations around the world. The “Rush” album went on to dominate in USA, reaching #11 on the Billboard Top Electronic Albums Chart.

2004 saw Darude embark on a new phase of his career. In addition to his live performances, he started focusing on touring as a DJ; a natural progression in today’s dance scene. He quickly took off with this type of performing, which gave him a way to combine his passion for listening to music & making it. He was off and running and he has never looked back.

His DJ style is a mix of progressive & uplifting trance, but he’s not too shy to throw in some tech, breaks and house flavor with even the occasional heavy metal samples. His goal is to get arms waving, feet moving and hips shaking! He quickly obtained remarkable success as a DJ. After only one year of official DJing, he was voted by his fans onto such renowned charts as The DJ Mag’s Top 100 of 2004 (UK) & BPM Magazine’s America’s Favorite DJ list 2004, 2005 & 2006 (trance/commercial DJ) and in addition he gained a solid spot on The DJ List.com’s chart (www.thedjlist.com).

DJing has led Darude to radio, for which he now hosts two widely followed mix shows. The first being a monthly show, “Salmiakki Sessions with Darude,” on ETN.fm (www.etn.fm) and the second, a weekly show, “ Darude Presents Finland” on SIRIUS Satellite Radio in USA (www.sirius.com/area33). In addition, Darude has done several guest mixes for other top radio programs, including Above & Beyond’s “Trance Around the World” on Ministry of Sound UK.

2006 has seen Darude busier than ever. When he is not at one of his several gigs around the world, with much of them taking place in the USA, he can be found locked in his studio hard at work on his 3rd artist album, aptly titled, “Label This!”. Darude’s focus on DJing in recent years has reinforced his skills as an artist and producer. This album will show not only Darude’s maturity as an artist, but also his impeccable ear for the future of dance music. The evolvement of Darude into an industry leading DJ/Artist/Producer will undoubtedly be heard in “Label This!”.

In addition to his artist albums, Darude’s music can be found in a variety of media. For example, Hollywood movies such as : “Ballistic, Ecks vs. Sever,” “Like Mike” and the recent “Fun With Dick and Jane”, Playstation games, mobile ring tones and heavily viewed sports broadcasts like the Ice Hockey World Championships, Wimbledon and the recent 2006 Winter Olympics. Darude plans to vigorously pursue combining his music with TV, movies and other media avenues in the future.

Interest in Darude is at an all-time high, which can be seen in his ever increasing website hits each month, his solid presence on Myspace (a unique online networking & promotion vehicle -- check out: www.myspace.com/darude), the gig requests that keep pouring in and his invitations to take part in industry leading conferences, such as the Las Vegas Music Conference in September.

Darude has solidified himself as a DJ for the people which has given him an ever expanding fan base that follow him on each new venture in his career. Stick around to see what Darude has in store for the world next!

RANDY BOYER of ENMASS

KNOWLEDGE

MIKE MANSON

In the Lounge:

ROBERT LA FRANCE

SNAFU

BANG LEE

RICHIE B

For those who like really going all out we'll be

doing bottle table service this night.

For table reservations, call Mike @ (860) 593-3206.

Tickets on sale now.

www.wantickets.com

1st 100 sold only $10

Isn't Sandstrom considered old school and a classic in these parts? It's still the peak hour record at Alchemy. Darude, table renovations...Chris McDonald maybe finally going up in the world. What can we expect next Razor N Guido, Ian Van Dahl, or possibly the return of Choke Puppy.

Isn't Sandstrom considered old school and a classic in these parts? It's still the peak hour record at Alchemy. Darude, table renovations...Chris McDonald maybe finally going up in the world. What can we expect next Razor N Guido, Ian Van Dahl, or possibly the return of Choke Puppy.

DARUDE is a really talented DJ.

Cakewalk is a really talented panhandler .. NUFF Said

This kid apparently hates Alchemy so he trashes the club in every post hysterical .. We must have thrown his demo away or something I think he needs counseling..

Ralphie you wont answer my question do you have a pink bunnie suit..

This kid apparently hates Alchemy so he trashes the club in every post hysterical .. We must have thrown his demo away or something I think he needs counseling..

I gave up on Cakewalk, obosly are just looking for attention. I took it to the PM but they never replyed and decided to keep in it the forum. :lame:

The few times I went to Crapemy both you and Rob La France played Sandstorm. In fact you've played it the only four times I heard one of your crappy sets. This was three months ago when I forced ro Craphemy not by choice.

Darude is cheesy just like you, Jimmy and that prejudice, racist, waste of space you call Craphemy. Not to mention every dj you book is cheesy. I have yet to see one decent Dj play your horrible space.

I don't hangout in your club because it sucks. Honestly If I djed I wouldn't consider playing there if it was last dance floor on earth.

You guys should do CT and dance music a big favor...just implode that damn thing. It was better a space even when Boppers occupied the building but Alchemy :constipa: enuff said.

Ralph

uhhhhh.. you must have gone there on a thursday night slept in the broom closet woke up friday night and thought t was the same night.. we don't play the same night...

havent played sandstorm in a longggg time

isnt this post about arkadia??

why don't you go see darude live there on the 31st and then write an honest review instead of being a dickhead and just hating everything and anythng that goes on in CT

I never thought Darude would be much of a DJ because of the Sandstorm et Al tracks released in his early days.

But he's come around a lot and I actually heard of a couple of his sets and was pleased...is he a "spectacular" DJ compared to others? No, but that's fine..he ranks well in my opinion because of the fact that he worked hard and didn't rest on those laurels like some may and continue to leech off of it.

I believe even I read somewhere in the last couple of years that even he was sick of the Sandstorm hype because of that attachment it garnered back in the day...lol...

uhhhhh.. you must have gone there on a thursday night slept in the broom closet woke up friday night and thought t was the same night.. we don't play the same night...

havent played sandstorm in a longggg time

isnt this post about arkadia??

why don't you go see darude live there on the 31st and then write an honest review instead of being a dickhead and just hating everything and anythng that goes on in CT

I never said that youi and Rob play the same night, only that you and him play that same tired, old, boring anthem. Don't lie you still play Sandstorm every chance you get.

I don't hate CT only your tired sorry club...no offense.

I walked by last night, the place was dead.

not dead at all

the lounge had some heads up there for george too..

friday was shitpacked

but still this is an arkadia event here ralphie did you walk by there too

Jimmy where's your extra large Pink Bunny Suit.

You wore it last year during that mediocre easter set and then you started shanking it when you played Sandtorm.

Jimmy where's your extra large Pink Bunny Suit.

You wore it last year during that mediocre Easter set and then you started shaking it when you played Sandstorm.

can you guys take this to another thread? This one is for the Darude event at Arcadia and not for your bickering with other clubs and dj's.

Cave,

When I try to reply to your pm or even send you a pm..I get some clubplanet error.

In response to your PM. I'm Ralph. Who are you?

Do I know you? you seem to know a awful lot about people that I am close too. I really don't appreciate all the remarks you have been making considering the circumstances. If you have any thing you have a problem with you can contact me. I rather keep things off the forums. This thread is about the event I am working on with Chris. We are trying to keep things as professional as possible and don't need bad vibes on our event posts. There is a whole forum for that. If the problem persists I will have to report you to the moderators. We do pay for Club Planets services and the organizations I work for have close relations with them all over the US. I don't think they would mind stepping into this. Please allow me to conduct my business in a professional manner.

President of :::::

SPREAD THE WORD PRODUCTIONS

promotions and artist management

Promotions Manager at :::::

Real Hype Records

Columns of Knowledge

Abstract Traxx

Atari Safari

phone: (203)-767-6901

AIM: spreadtheword411

Email: spreadthewordproductions@gmail.com

Do I know you? you seem to know a awful lot about people that I am close too. I really don't appreciate all the remarks you have been making considering the circumstances. If you have any thing you have a problem with you can contact me. I rather keep things off the forums. This thread is about the event I am working on with Chris. We are trying to keep things as professional as possible and don't need bad vibes on our event posts. There is a whole forum for that. If the problem persists I will have to report you to the moderators. We do pay for Club Planets services and the organizations I work for have close relations with them all over the US. I don't think they would mind stepping into this. Please allow me to conduct my business in a professional manner.

President of :::::

SPREAD THE WORD PRODUCTIONS

promotions and artist management

Promotions Manager at :::::

Real Hype Records

Columns of Knowledge

Abstract Traxx

Atari Safari

phone: (203)-767-6901

AIM: spreadtheword411

Email: spreadthewordproductions@gmail.com

Cave,

What's your real name? Maybe I may have met of you. How long have you been working with Chris?

Please don't get your underwear up in a knot. Wanting to ban me for putting in my two cents. Last I checked even thrugh George Bush is in power this is a free country.

This whole thing started when I made reference to how the Phoenix Butterfly wiped Chris to the floor after that DJ battle in Mass. I'm under the impression that you want me banned because you don't want the truth to get out. I think you worship Chris as well.

Ralph

Cave,

What's your real name? Maybe I may have met of you. How long have you been working with Chris?

Please don't get your underwear up in a knot. Wanting to ban me for putting in my two cents. Last I checked even thrugh George Bush is in power this is a free country.

This whole thing started when I made reference to how the Phoenix Butterfly wiped Chris to the floor after that DJ battle in Mass. I'm under the impression that you want me banned because you don't want the truth to get out. I think you worship Chris as well.

Ralph

My real name is Jay. I don't warship Chris, he is one of my best friends and I work with him.

Jay,

We may have met. You have dark hair, glasses, and went to Southern?

Ralph

Never had glasses nore went to Southern, but I use to live a block away from there at the Bullivard Apps. I use to run nights at Funktion witch is now Oracle and I use to throw rager afterpartys at my app.

Never had glasses nore went to Southern, but I use to live a block away from there at the Bullivard Apps. I use to run nights at Funktion witch is now Oracle and I use to throw rager afterpartys at my app.

I had you mistaken with Jim.

Funktion really went a long way. So you were the musical director there?

Yo Cave,

You dj or just promote? I thought Don moved to Jersey?

I dj a bit but i dont play out because im trying to take it verry serious and i dont think im up to par yet. i think a lot of dj's play out before they are ready. your first impression is always the one that sticks. i do artist managment and thats one of my most important things that i tell other people. i do play with friends privatly. i can say i am a lot better then most people that play out already but thats just not cutting it in my eyes.

As far as i know Don and Laura still live in New Britain. Over by Ella St.