Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha/Digweed

your not alone...but i'm heading west next week and am going to miss it*sob*

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

I dunno man, S&D are good DJ's and I love their CD's but their parties at Twilo are not always good. The main problem I see with SnD parties are that they attract all the guido motherfuckers (sorry !), so not only do u have to stand in line for 2 hours but once u are in u can't dance till 6-7 anyway. Plus I don't dig some of the shit that they play nowadays....sure Communication is a great CD but I always feel their not as good live. That's just my $0.02.

their style has shifted in a direction that's not much my cup of tea either, but you gotta admit its still better music than you're gonna hear anywhere else in the city. plus they always play new stuff everydamn month, unlike pvd. i dunno where they find all that new quality music with their hectic schedule. i like to get there at like 5 though and close it, cant have fun standing in place crunched before then.

------------------

deez nuts

Crackorn

i talked to my father yesterday and appearenty he's started work on retroizing it...it's all stripped down and he's going to paint it.

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

Originally posted by trancenergy:

Plus I don't dig some of the shit that they play nowadays....sure Communication is a great CD but I always feel their not as good live. That's just my $0.02.

First of all it's Communicate. Are you sure you have that CD???

Not as good live??? Are you kidding me?? I bet you've been to an S&D night once. Now you just base your posts on what you see other people writing. S&D are an amazing live experience. Maybe it starts off slow but by 4:30 the place is rocking. This music is meant to be played live and in clubs not on a cd. You lose so much on a cd.

My $0.02

Hell yeah, I'm going to S&D....thats what I live for every month (well, almost)! Usually get there around 12:30am and stay till closing. The VIP room is a good place to chill till about 5/6am - after that S&D just rock the joint. In my opinion, their nights seem to be getting better and better (but maybe thats cuz I like the style they're shifting to).

We should get a meet-up going there (yet another one).

Okay so it's communicate instead of communication and yes I have heard them live more then once. I didn't say that they suck...It's just that they keep changing their style quite a bit. I like SnD, just not in Twilo that's all.

When I go to a club, I expect to be able to dance for at least 1-2 hours. At Twilo with SnD spinnin it takes at least 2 hours to get in and then another 3 hours for the crowds to die down. I went to a few parties and figured out that it is not worth the $40.

------------------

I know u don't smoke weed...I know this...but it's Friday, u ain't got no job, and u ain't got shit to do.

I usually hang in the VIP room too until 5 or so. I have to prepare myself for the madness to follow. I was thinking of getting a ClubNYC meeting going in the VIP room or something, but would it work out? I'm always so out of my mind I can barely remember where the bathroom is. Holy Cracked-out! BTW- I love those old Rovers. You should bring it to NY!!!!

tranceenergy, thats why you gotta go at 5 and close it out, no line, usually anyway, and enough room to dance. if i go early at like 2 or 3, it takes me till 5 to get in anyway. and if i go at like 11 or 12, you get in quick, but the crowd makes me miserable that i wanna jet by like 3 anyway! those big parties at twilo are tricky, you gotta time yourself just right or it'll be a whole different night out. try vinyl till 5 and hit twilo, that what i do sometimes, or i'll just sleep like an animal from right afterwork and wake at like 3 and go.

s&d, even with their darker style, one which is less conducive to dancing, are still droppin better and newer music than anyone in nyc. i do wish we can see the likes of pappa, seaman, tilt, slacker, fontaine on a monthly or bimonthly basis. twilo mgmt are u listening?

------------------

deez nuts

The key to an S&D night is get there early (around 12:30 like I do) or go late (around 5:00). If you get on line by 12:30 you won't wait more than 20-30 minutes. Then, when you get in, find a good place to chill where the crowds won't really get to you (it's easier to do if you go with a lot of friends) . Then when it clears out around 5:00 you can move around all you want.

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

Who cares about the huge crowds, I'm there next friday, beginning til the end. cool.gif

yo if you can deal with the crowds more power to you. i wish i could, cuz i really dig the early shit diggs plays, really deep groovy shit, but i cant frown.gif

------------------

deez nuts

yeah, do Vinyl first (no line, Danny awesome) then hit Twilo when the losers have left..... we did it last month for the first time and it was a truly religious experience. got into Twilo around 6:30 and had the best 3.5 hours of my life - and it was only $25

doing it again next weekend, and probably every last friday for a few more months yet... biggrin.gif

If your going to Twilo for the first time to hear S&D don't let the early crowd ruin your night. Believe me it gets packed in there from around 1:30-4:30. But if you don't pay attention to the people and concentrate on the music and lights (the lights in Twilo are the best I have seen) you'll have a great time. Also, try to stay as late as you can. The two of them - S&D that is - just get better and better as the night progresses. If you like Diggers make sure you get there by 2:00 because that is when he first comes on.

Cool, my friends live near Dupont Circle.....New Hampshire & T. They're also hard-core clubbers, in fact, we all go upto NYC together.Yeah, keep an eye out for me....a 5'11'' Indian dude....prolly be wearing a black shirt with glow in the dark "Caffeine" written on the front (this is at Buzz), not sure what I'l be wearing at BT.

p00h,

I agree nothing beats a big nap before hitting SnD. You miss all the crap with the lines and crowd and can just enjoy the music. Plus, the people that stay til the end are so into it you can feed off their energy, as well as the extra energy a half night of sleep gives you.

Originally posted by john58:

p00h,

I agree nothing beats a big nap before hitting SnD. You miss all the crap with the lines and crowd and can just enjoy the music. Plus, the people that stay til the end are so into it you can feed off their energy, as well as the extra energy a half night of sleep gives you.

nothing beats closing a good party at twilo. sometimes i feel so much energy in there when they're about to close it makes me wanna cry. when the lights go on and they're playing single tracks. 2 weeks ago for the pappa/seaman was one of those nights. i saw not one person there at the end of the night that didnt have a big old smile on their face. substances prolly had something to do with it too, but no substance can be greater than music.

------------------

deez nuts

jamesspeller,

Also if it gets too crowded downstairs, you can always chill out in the VIP room. They might call it VIP but you get the 21+ ID bracelet when you first come in then you'll get into the VIP room. The VIP room is for 21+ people. So, make sure you get the ID bracelete when you first come in so that you can go into the VIP room later. Have fun!!

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

we are coming over from London to go next friday to see sasha & digweed! I can't wait to get in that place - you just here ssoooo much about it over here.THAT sound system will soon be bouncin round my ears! if anyone's up for meeting a couple of london clubbers we'll be there beginning to end !! although DT @ vinyl first temps me but don't wanna risk not getting in twilo!

yeah, we'll meet up with you if you like (I'm a brit (as if you couldn't tell by my username....), my mate is australian). we were worried last time we went up that we wouldn't get in to Twilo, but going to Vinyl first really was the best plan to avoid the horrendous queue outside Twilo, which pretty much lasts all night. we got there at 6:30 and just walked straight in, the place was kicking, and went on until 10am, so we had plenty of time for fun & games.

email me at copleyc@hotmail.com if you want to arrange to meet up somewhere in NYC first. Twilo is a great club - not particularly interesting in terms of the venue itself, but the sound/light system just blows you away....