Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how was the wmc?

weyes

it was my 6th WMC i think...

highlights were:

bumping into David Guetta so many times by the end of the WMC he was coming over to us to say hi LOL.

private party at Mynt with Dubfire, Nic and Cedric with open bar for a couple of hours :)

Wet Grooves at Opium (not too packed but a lot of LA people there and good times)

Sasha and Digweed at Mansion

Danny Tenaglia at Twilo

BBC1 pool party (Tong, Morillo, Cedric, Guetta, Zabs & Nic, Hawtin, Knuckles)

Swedish House Mafia at Ink (Ingrosso, Axwell, Angello with Guetta chillin' in the DJ booth)

free parties at Remix Hotel with Dubfire, Mark Knight, Tommy Sunshine, Zabiela among many others

F*ck Me I'm Famous with David Guetta, Armand Van Helden, Fatboy Slim, Bob Sinclair and Joacim Gaurand (sp?). funniest thing was seeing Scott Storch being relegated to the back room (usually VIP) and leaving after 10 minutes of Fatboy Slim and Armand Van Helden spinning.

Cedric and friends (including Second Sun) at Mynt

only complaints: wettest WMC ever. $12 for a mixed drink, $14 for a redbull/vodka. bottles of kettle one at $250 at Mansion seemed like a bargain!

being at Space for 4.5 hours and never seeing Erick Morillo at his party due to fire marshall/occupancy issues!!! grrr

it was my 6th WMC i think...

highlights were:

bumping into David Guetta so many times by the end of the WMC he was coming over to us to say hi LOL.

private party at Mynt with Dubfire, Nic and Cedric with open bar for a couple of hours :)

Wet Grooves at Opium (not too packed but a lot of LA people there and good times)

Sasha and Digweed at Mansion

Danny Tenaglia at Twilo

BBC1 pool party (Tong, Morillo, Cedric, Guetta, Zabs & Nic, Hawtin, Knuckles)

Swedish House Mafia at Ink (Ingrosso, Axwell, Angello with Guetta chillin' in the DJ booth)

free parties at Remix Hotel with Dubfire, Mark Knight, Tommy Sunshine, Zabiela among many others

F*ck Me I'm Famous with David Guetta, Armand Van Helden, Fatboy Slim, Bob Sinclair and Joacim Gaurand (sp?). funniest thing was seeing Scott Storch being relegated to the back room (usually VIP) and leaving after 10 minutes of Fatboy Slim and Armand Van Helden spinning.

Cedric and friends (including Second Sun) at Mynt

only complaints: wettest WMC ever. $12 for a mixed drink, $14 for a redbull/vodka. bottles of kettle one at $250 at Mansion seemed like a bargain!

being at Space for 4.5 hours and never seeing Erick Morillo at his party due to fire marshall/occupancy issues!!! grrr

wowsers... 6th time??? i'm struggling to go once before i'm old and grey abschied.gif .

sounds like you had a blast :aright: ! how was the weather? and i hear that miami generally is a city with an uptight dress code, but that they tone it down a lot for the wmc. is that true?

at least i can't be jealous of you seeing the scumfrog or paul johnson biggrin.gif .

as i mentioned in my first post - it was wet :)

at least its a lot warmer there even when raining so when the showers passed through at the BBC1 party and at the Remix hotel - everyone just danced in the rain :)

and yes, the dress code is severly relaxed - guys who could never get into a place like Mansion or Cameo on a Sat nite can get in no problem if you have a presale ticket (though if you got to Cameo after 12 it was a bit of a mess at the door but all presale people did get in). granted it was $50-$70 presale for FMIF at Cameo ($100 to $150 at the door) and $100 for Tiesto that Sat nite so its not like they want to turn away the business.

i did see the Scumfrog partying at the Swedish House Mafia party. funny/stupid thing was 2 girls he was with had Scumfrog t-shirts on.

i have to say though weyes that when I went to WMC.. I never really dressed down. I always wore a short skirt or a fancy top... sex sells.. especially when you have black booty... :)

but they do turn people away... i've seen it at space.. doesn't matter how much you pay into those places... if they don't like what you look like or act.. yo outta there

i have to say though weyes that when I went to WMC.. I never really dressed down. I always wore a short skirt or a fancy top... sex sells.. especially when you have black booty... :)

but they do turn people away... i've seen it at space.. doesn't matter how much you pay into those places... if they don't like what you look like or act.. yo outta there

hmmm....Space has no dress code during the WMC other than no shorts (and that is sometimes disregarded) - and the rest of the time its the most relaxed of the big clubs in Miami (no sneakers is all i've even heard of there). maybe it was something else....trust me - they are more than happy to take your $80 for the cover charge there....

i did see the Scumfrog partying at the Swedish House Mafia party. funny/stupid thing was 2 girls he was with had Scumfrog t-shirts on.
:funny: that's cheesy! i've drawn a pic that i wanna make into a shirt next time i see him, though :worry: . i know it's dorky, but it's not gonna have his name on it and it's not like i'm one of his actual dj whores! that's just sad :nono: .

i don't mind dressing up, clothes-wise; the only thing to which i'm EVER referring is the shoe question. i can only dance in sneakers; i don't really have any other shoes that i'll dance in. i'm not one of those girls that just plants her feet in one place and shakes her hips back and forth for a small portion of the evening; i move around the floor, dance hard, get sweaty, and dance all night, as long as the music's right. you can't do what i do in heels.

in l.a. or new york, i can just say "fuck it" to all the places that don't allow sneakers, 'cause the places with the djs i wanna see allow sneakers. are you saying that i'll have trouble with this at the wmc?

Sorry, I havent posted, I've been so busy lately. but lets do good first then bad. I love,love,love Mansion. It was such a pretty club, its right up there with the Mayan. The music was OOC!! I loved every minute, I made friends with cool peeps from Canada, Maine, and Russia (dasvedanya ;) ) Loved the Cure, Ferry, S&D, sander, Timo, and one of my new favs MSTRKRFT. I swear i thought I needed a canoe on Sat. now that was some shyt!! Much love going out to the T-shirt vendor for giving us refuge, and yes I bought a shirt for the trouble. Def an experience to be had. But WTF with needing CASH for every little thing, 80% of the places I went to for day to day stuff did not accept ATM. On Sunday, I had $40 in my pocket, we tried to go out but 6 fkn ATM's were out of money, and the wallgreens was not giving cash back anymore. Seeing as the cab to airport was $32 flat +tip, we went to one of the nicer hotels that was playing house music and had dinner there on the card. And do not ever stay at Habana Libre, one day I asked for extra towels and they said I had to wait until 2marrow cause they were out. And oh yeah, i got ringworm on my leg from the lovely clean fkn blankets :P thhh.

...But WTF with needing CASH for every little thing, 80% of the places I went to for day to day stuff did not accept ATM. On Sunday, I had $40 in my pocket, we tried to go out but 6 fkn ATM's were out of money, and the wallgreens was not giving cash back anymore. Seeing as the cab to airport was $32 flat +tip, we went to one of the nicer hotels that was playing house music and had dinner there on the card. And do not ever stay at Habana Libre, one day I asked for extra towels and they said I had to wait until 2marrow cause they were out. And oh yeah, i got ringworm on my leg from the lovely clean fkn blankets :P thhh.
that money situation makes no sense :nono: . they should be prepared if they wanna make a profit!

i once stayed at the checkers hilton in downtown l.a. (no cheap joint!!!) and we needed another washcloth. we called down and about 20 mins. later a guy showed up with a couple of bathmats. he said they were out of washcloths and hoped that the bathmats would suffice :confused: . seriously, how can you scrub down in the shower with a bathmat :no: ?

and ringworm? gnarly :unhappy: .

sanci, you'd better be going next year; i started my savings account that directly deducts out of every paycheck, so it's on :party: !!!

You got it chica! I am sure there are a few of us that will be holding you to that promise. So remember come this Sept. the lines are drawn baby :)
yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy blob16.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not a maybe for me this time, sanci; it's a go sunglasses4.gif !!!!!!!!