Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dance Parade 2007, Sat 5/19

do they have posters of this throughout the city?

Thats what im wondering? How they are advertising this. I mean lots of people have signed up to participate but i wonder how many people will show up to watch. Also know this is suppose to be aire or recorded for television so lets see what happens.

Look for the PACHA/STIMULUS RESPONSE float hehe.

Well theres a rain date for sunday if its really bad on sat which i dont think it will be. Keep them fingers crossed and lets hope for hardly no rain on sat.

I hope the weather hold up!! this could be fun..

I found out about this very recently, I didnt see the parade , because of schedule conflict and some difficulty gettin to the area...Since it was so overcast and rainy, it would have been much better to use a rain date if it was today....I checked some of it out at Wash. Sq Park later about around 4-5...There didn't seem to be much of a crowd that an event like this should command maybe cause of the weather and lack of enough advertising(I sensed that some of the organizers could have used some more motivation in a more supportive direction for a more successful event).

...But there were cool stage perfornances of many different styles of dance...which brightened up a dreary looking day....And whoever was there in the small crowd was really gettin into the groove shakin it, even a few senior citizens(one of whom collapsed and had to be assisted to get up and sit down). Some found some humor in this. I was more surprised. Anyway I felt it was worthwhile to try to take some good photos and got some. And then one of the hosts( a guy) made a marriage proposal on the stage to another staff( a girl)on stage towards the end of the event..AWWWW...That was kinda cute...though would have been HOT with better weather...Good luck to them. Then there was an official afterparty at a club called ELEMENTS but then the announcer didn't know the address and it didn't seem to be advertised anywhere on event literature...

I personally am all for the motivation behind this event and hope for a bigger better brighter more popular event next year as most things naturally start small...;-)