Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ski House in Vermont?

Anyone here do a ski house in Vermont?

Never done it before, but I'm thinking about doing a half share at Killington this year. (just got "Ski Blades" last year and dying to use them a lot this season)

Have some questions:

- How do you find a house?

- When do you start looking?

- Any suggestions other than Killington?

- Isn't it a long way to drive for a weekend trip?

------------------

- DaVe

dave@clubplanet.com

clubplanet.com - nightlifestyle™

Guest crystalmethodny

Dave,

Check out Stratton man! Great place to getaway and an awesome mountain.

They have communitys built all around the base of it, so I would definitely go check it out.

www.stratton.com

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

I was a snowboard instructor last year in Vt. at Mt. Snow and finding a place is pretty easy! Go to the town and ask the real estate people, they are usually helpfull if you are in person. I has a perfect house for the season less than a mile from the mountain for dirt cheap cause I looked early. Killington is a good place to go, I think that is where I am going this winter.

biggrin.gif

-jen

Yo Dave,

Check out Sugar Bush, me and a couple of my friends went up there last year for snowboarding. We rented two of their chalets (sp ?) I don't know about the price but I don't think it was that much. Plus Sugar Bush is the best place to blade or board.

------------------

"Let me take you on a trip. Just a simple journey, a journey full of sounds and beats. One that will lead you down...way down in the underground. Now let me see you work."

hey Dave, i also agree with CrystalMeth!

Stratton is the way to go. From NYC, it's approximately a 5 hour drive. I've done weekend trips there. It's not as huge as Killington, but the snow conditions are wonderful there.

The hotels/motels/condos there are great, and reasonably priced. If you do get a chance to go out there before the season starts, pick up the massive brochures they have in town for renting/timesharing places to stay.

If you also go locally to a ski shop, like Princeton ski shop, they also have tons of pamphlets/mags that have ads for people wanting to rent places out all over the US.

Good luck!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Killington has the best terrain on the east coast. I snowboard, and they have the best parks and pipes. Just go to there webpage http://www.killington.com You will find many different places to stay. And it is a 6 hour drive for me and I live in central NJ. All the other places everybody mention are all good, but if your going to drive to Vermont Killington is the best spot.

Peace

I have an idea we should all get up during the fall and snowboard up there...maybe if someone gets a house for the season if we visit we can throw in some money ....its an idea what you peoeple think anyone else go to Vt to ski...board ...party?

------------------

Don't Do it Later..Do It Now!

I've done a house in Mount Snow twice and will prob. do some winter house this year, but prob. Killington. It's a long ride, but worth it for the fun, however in Mount Snow don't be expecting any kind club scene b/c it doesn't exist!!! It's still fun, though, and comes highly recommended. This is coming from a summer chick.

Hrm...the collective house idea sounds pretty interesting...but like eveyrone says, from what i saw when i was up there club/nightlife is pertty dead, so i'm hoping some of our dj posters lug up a pair of tt's and a system when we go up...if all works well i can drive people up from jersey etc!

I'll have a big truck come January and try to go skiing as much as possible...hauling gear as well as skis is not to bad either...

Keep me in mind when the snow starts to fly...

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey