Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Big race day tomorrow.. any one watching either the IRL or Nascar race??

Any predicitons? Can't wait to see them on my new 40" flat screen :heart:

3 chicks are racing in the Indianapolis 500... all though it looks like it might get rained out (70% chance) :( Be nice to see a chick win it.. i hope its danica.. .but the other broad is pretty hot (milka!)

And the nascar race.. newman's on the pole.. i picked jimmy johnson since he's basically unbeatable at Lowe's Motor speedway... but of course, i'd like to see junior take the checkered flag..

Have a great weekend ya'll!

i was pulling for kanaan....i love memorial day racing due to the indy early then nascar late...but the fucking rain delay threw a wrench into that...i was missing wrecks left and right between the 2 races...

for the indy i had kanaan winning...i also wanted to see danica and milka go down on each other...:drool:...to bad franchitti won on a yellow/checkered flag with 36 laps to go...hate to see a race, especially the 500, end like that...

the coca-cola 600 was good early...good wrecks and racing...the middle to the end was uneventful and who cares about mears winning cause his team conserved gas...gordon wrecking early was cool :)

i was pulling for kanaan....i love memorial day racing due to the indy early then nascar late...but the fucking rain delay threw a wrench into that...i was missing wrecks left and right between the 2 races...

for the indy i had kanaan winning...i also wanted to see danica and milka go down on each other...:drool:...to bad franchitti won on a yellow/checkered flag with 36 laps to go...hate to see a race, especially the 500, end like that...

the coca-cola 600 was good early...good wrecks and racing...the middle to the end was uneventful and who cares about mears winning cause his team conserved gas...gordon wrecking early was cool :)

i watched most of the race before the 1st rain delay, nothing really stood out for me. this race meant more to me when CART ran the show. the ending was disappointing, but franchitti has been at it awhile, so he deserved his chance regardless of the rain. i was hoping at least seeing ashley judd all wet at the end would be a bonus, but we couldnt even see wet nip.

i watched most of the race before the 1st rain delay, nothing really stood out for me. this race meant more to me when CART ran the show. the ending was disappointing, but franchitti has been at it awhile, so he deserved his chance regardless of the rain. i was hoping at least seeing ashley judd all wet at the end would be a bonus, but we couldnt even see wet nip.

who wouldnt want to see her all wet :drool:

the indy 500 is the biggest race they have....to end it on a shortened rain race is not good for racing or the fans who paid to see 200 laps...

agreed. but the problem with open wheel race cars is that their handling is greatly affected by the track conditions, much more than stock car or say GT racing. the more overcast it got, or later in the day, the more the track conditions become unpredictable, especially for tire temperature. one of the reasons y F1 and other open wheel cars keep their tires heated prior to the race start, so the tires have better grip. once the temp goes down, especially late in the day, goodbye grip. you can also add the fact that they dont have lights on the car i guess leading to poor visibility. i would def rather be in a 200mph accident in a stock car than an open wheel racer.

i know im trying to stay interested in F1. but since schumacher retired last year, and the burden of those 7:00am live sunday races are started to wear on me.

there is always holding the race for the following day when its clear :)

7:00am is rough but arent you married now??? you probably go to bed around 930 on sat nights so you should have no probs being up early on sunday :)

true, but i dont remember them postponing that race when it's more than halfway finished. i could be wrong

and yea, we sleep late on sundays if we dont have to be anywhere, she is usually falling asleep by 11pm most nights. even when i wasnt married those live european or asian races were a lil rough especially after a saturday night.