Clubplanet Nightlife Community

getting impatient for my djs!!! house dj recommendations???

weyes

why are my peeps just not coming around?

the scumfrog

east coast boogiemen (broke up, they said, a few months ago)

dj funk

dj craze

paul johnson

deep dish (both members together)

i know some of them (ok, most of them) aren't that big, but what's with my luck?

my fave, the scumfrog, just got a residency :) ... in ibiza :unhappy: . but he's on tour :) ... in europe :unhappy: . what's an owl to do? and l.a. has gotten so trance-happy it's scary. i'm gonna go to giant village 'cause it'll be fun anyway, but i'm assuming it won't be all trance.

i also don't know who i should be listening to for house. where do i go for the music i like? if i can't get paul johnson, who holds a candle to him? well, no one, but who around here spins stuff like his? i don't know where to begin. recommendations?

east coast boogiemen are playing this month in hollywood...i think its some new friday party at boardners or somewhere....

deep dish are playing at EDC and Tijuana the night before.

Deep is having the Body and Soul djs spin there a week from tomorrow - that should be an epic party.

east coast boogiemen are playing this month in hollywood...i think its some new friday party at boardners or somewhere...
omigod :spin2: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool1g, can you please find out when exactly and where exactly? or direct me to who would know? i've gotta see them. pleasepleaseplease????? i luvvvvvvvvv those guys :bounce: .

omigod :spin2: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool1g, can you please find out when exactly and where exactly? or direct me to who would know? i've gotta see them. pleasepleaseplease????? i luvvvvvvvvv those guys :bounce: .

to be honest i saw the flyer online on myspace i think but I have no idea whose page it was on....if i see it again i'll let you know.

okay - good news Weyes - the Scumfrog is playing in August at the sunday pool party at the Standard downtown.
cool1g, you are my guardian angel 1_2.gif !!! i don't know how to thank you!!! the scumfrog hasn't been posting his bookings on his website as of late, so you win extra, extra points from me. i hope you'll go, too!

weyes, you know i've got you for great house!!! there's soooo much going on and you really should check it out. i've got tons of recommendations. ready??

tonight, june 8

kinesic

kinesic.jpg

sat june 9

lawnchair generals @ balance - if you love ecb you'll love lcg!! these boys are amazing! we actually had ecb and lcg spin together for the first time ever at our '03 wmc party (how many more abbriviations do ya need?!). they actually did a whole tour together after that party.

junebalance.jpg

sun june 10

body and soul @ deep - ok more house history. these guys are amazing. great producers and dj's individually. francois k is a legend. his history goes back to the very roots of house. i just caught a set of his in ny on may 7th. absolutely great! danny krivit and joe claussell are amazing too. they started body and soul as a sunday afternoon/evening weekly party in new york in the mid 90's. that party inspired marques wyatt and doc martin to start a similar party here. that party evolved into deep. so there ya go. it's pricey ($25 pre-sale, $30 at the door) but it's gonna be a great night of music. goes from 7pm to 4am

DEEP_BODYSOUL_POSTER.jpg

fri june 15

hawt afterhours with thomas white and wally callerio!!! two la house music jems getting their time in at la's best house music afterhours!! if you haven't been to a hawt, you have noooo idea!! ask imad (badiye). he and i always go. join their myspace page to get info

hawt.jpg

sat june 16

streetlight session v.2 - trust me, great music will be had this night! jason hodges, whew! amazing dj and producer. craig hamilton!! all the way from glasgow. he's really doing some amazing productions right now. very excited about catching him. kite hill, dope guys and the ones behind streetlight records. eddie b, one of my two favorite la dj's right now

streetlight02.jpg

sun june 17

little louie vega @ deep - if you don't know who he is or who masters at work are, go get schooled right now!!! then be at deep on this night

fri june 22

back to kinesic for dj diz and james curd. great dj's and producers, both of 'em!

sat june 23

five dollah funk - great la underground that always delivers!! zack hill, steven dimitri and dj emi serve up the good stuff and at $5 you can't go wrong!!

5bucksfunky.jpg

sun june 24

me, gil and joey will be spinning at easy in hermosa beach. this happens every sun at dragon on pier ave. great spot! fun times! love the people there, love the vibe, love the sound system!! can't wait!!! i'll post info on this one separately in the next few days.

ok so there ya go weyes!!

deepfunk, thank you for all of that - i know that was a lot of work to post :heart: !

but i can't believe you knew about the ecb coming and you didn't tell me :( ! you know how much i love them and how upset i was that i went to the wrong address last time they were in town due to that mixup on the website :cry: !!! and they keep saying it's their "farewell tour!"

but i forgive you, 'cause i've had tix to see my favorite comedian on this same date (tonight) for months and i wouldn't've traded 'em for even the ecb. lisa lampanelli doesn't come around often, either!

if i hadn't already had plans, though, i'd be peeved at you :nono: !