Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats up with Roxy....

I read some article that the plan to demolish the space has been delayed for a alittle while and the land owners will have it open until the space is ready to get torn down.Its still going to get torn down,just not right away.Something I suspected to happen,they push the gays out of the space just so we later find out its not getting torn down right away.Thats NYC for ya.

It's now called Club 515.

The sale of the building (to be demolished and turned into condos) was thwarted by the city (or one of those preservation societies) because abutting the High Line as it does it cannot be altered, specifically can't rise above a certain level; and the buyers bailed. So it's back to nightclub until the owner can find a buyer who will take it as is.

(That's the story I got.)

I think this calls for a resounding collective PWN3D!!!

BTW Househead_CJ no business, especially in Chelsea, especially nightlife industry wants to chase gays away. Male homos: most amount of disposable income per household!

If I were to speculate wildly, I'd say they're *begging* for the Saturday gay party to come back.

Since when? I read the same article that househead read on some website,It did not say anything about changing its name and all that highline nonsense.Im still looking for more info on that because most people on this forum page tend to spread rumors about things and cant back it up anyway.I was there with a close friend for Junior's party on pride weekend,when we got there the place looked haunted,I guess its because it hasnt really been open since the last time we were there in February for DJ Merrit.By the way sidoolongo,I dunno where you come up with these off-beat theories but, not all gays have disposable income,I guess thats just another homophobic stereotype heteros pull out of their asses,further more if they really wanted the gay party to come back,it would have never left in the first place,being that,Roxy was the only original space left in the city that wasnt so goddamn uptight about serving gays like some of these commercialized str8 clubs in the city.Thats probably why Roxy stuck around for so long,without the supportive gays,who the hell knows if that place would have still been around for all these years.The club was a living legend not just for its gay nights but for a couple of other reasons.

Since when? I read the same article that househead read on some website,It did not say anything about changing its name and all that highline nonsense.Im still looking for more info on that because most people on this forum page tend to spread rumors about things and cant back it up anyway.I was there with a close friend for Junior's party on pride weekend,when we got there the place looked haunted,I guess its because it hasnt really been open since the last time we were there in February for DJ Merrit.By the way sidoolongo,I dunno where you come up with these off-beat theories but, not all gays have disposable income,I guess thats just another homophobic stereotype heteros pull out of their asses,further more if they really wanted the gay party to come back,it would have never left in the first place,being that,Roxy was the only original space left in the city that wasnt so goddamn uptight about serving gays like some of these commercialized str8 clubs in the city.Thats probably why Roxy stuck around for so long,without the supportive gays,who the hell knows if that place would have still been around for all these years.The club was a living legend not just for its gay nights but for a couple of other reasons.
I agree with you on that one,but I went to Pacha for a second time last Friday for Frankie Knuckles and I had an awesome time,the crowd was actually mixed with gays and str8s I dunno if its always like that but I still had fun,I guess I love house music that much that Im willing to be open-minded enuff to go to a str8 club to experience it.I can see why Pacha has been winning awards left and right,its a very nice venue with great sound and lighting,I intend to go back one of these nights,You would think at this time now in year 2007 we wouldnt have to worry about uptight str8 people in nice clubs like that.

this is all a ploy....Roxy was NEVER being shut down to begin with...they just needed a reason to throw a CLOSING PARTY FOR ROXY so they can actually get people in the door...pretty sad what JV and others have done just to make a quick buck. Time to throw in the towel JV you are finished.

*waits patiently to get threatening PM from starscream*

not all gays have disposable income
Yes. Of course broke-ass gays don't have disposable income; "per househole" denotes an average across a spectrum of incomes. "Most" indicates comparison with hetero and female homo households. *As a group* gay males have the most idle cash because *on average* they have fewer children and because *on average* 2 men make more than 1 man and 1 woman or 2 women.
I guess thats just another homophobic stereotype
How you could infer that saying gay men have more money to play with than anybody else is homophobic simply baffles me.
further more if they really wanted the gay party to come back,it would have never left in the first place
It left because the Roxy closed. You can not have a party at a closed venue.

I wouldnt go to JBs party or Rauhofer's party.After Roxy's closing,I noticed that the gay scene has been lacking MAJORLY,so a friend and I decided if we really want to go to a real club in NYC we would have to settle for Pacha,unfortunately its a mostly str8 venue but one of the staff members there "claimed" it was gay friendly,not sure I completely agree but I will admit the music is awesome at Pacha along with the sound and lighting,Stereo is too small and dull and there are too many Rauhofer obsessed queens there,not sure I wanna spend $20 for that shit.Splash?I dont like that venue at all.Full of old people lookin to get off,and the music is low key pop-themed dance/house,the youngest crowd is on Thursdays but the music is trashy pop/hiphop,gives me a headache.So I decided to be alittle flexible and take it from there.

I wouldnt go to JBs party or Rauhofer's party.After Roxy's closing,I noticed that the gay scene has been lacking MAJORLY,so a friend and I decided if we really want to go to a real club in NYC we would have to settle for Pacha,unfortunately its a mostly str8 venue but one of the staff members there "claimed" it was gay friendly,not sure I completely agree but I will admit the music is awesome at Pacha along with the sound and lighting,Stereo is too small and dull and there are too many Rauhofer obsessed queens there,not sure I wanna spend $20 for that shit.Splash?I dont like that venue at all.Full of old people lookin to get off,and the music is low key pop-themed dance/house,the youngest crowd is on Thursdays but the music is trashy pop/hiphop,gives me a headache.So I decided to be alittle flexible and take it from there.

Could mark your calendar for this party

kmbajuly15th1kw4.jpg

kmbajuly15thtz6.jpg

Very gay friendly party. Pm me if interested.

KMBA is supposed to be great (sorry I missed last one!). Stereo isn't that small; I like the space for a change, kind of like a mini Twilo feel. mr. black is great on some nights, usually late though. Hiro on Sundays.

There's lots of fun stuff, or if a party is dull make it fun ;-)

this is all a ploy....Roxy was NEVER being shut down to begin with...they just needed a reason to throw a CLOSING PARTY FOR ROXY so they can actually get people in the door...pretty sad what JV and others have done just to make a quick buck. Time to throw in the towel JV you are finished.

*waits patiently to get threatening PM from starscream*

yeah and i guess they gutted the whole place and took down almost all the lighting too...that always gets people in the door...you're an idiot Mike.i heard the copa is moving to west 18th st hmmm i wonder where...

yeah and i guess they gutted the whole place and took down almost all the lighting too...that always gets people in the door...you're an idiot Mike.i heard the copa is moving to west 18th st hmmm i wonder where...

hey NYC boy.. I can use your help with a new poster in the intro forum looking for info on gay clubs in the city.. he's only 18 though.. thank you.

:D